PDA

View Full Version : Laters peeps. Take Care All xxx

BikerMatt
11-11-19, 18:09
I'm off, thanks to all those who I've communicated with over the years and a very special thanks to the few who really keep the forum going giving constant help to others.

To be honest HA is 90% of NMP these days, some so extreme and by the same repeat offender's I find it to frustrating with my state of mind at the moment.

Take Care All xxx

BlueIris
11-11-19, 18:12
Take care of yourself, Matt?

Carnation
11-11-19, 18:14
Awww Matt, :weep:
It's been a pleasure knowing you and you know you can always come back if you need us. :hugs:

Scass
11-11-19, 19:13
Wishing you all the best.

WiredIncorrectly
11-11-19, 19:36
I too sometimes get caught up with HA because of the forum and have to leave for a while. I avoid the HA forums on purpose. This place is your home and you're welcome back anytime :) I look forward to a success post in the future :yesyes:

Ps. What bike you ride? I had an SV650s. Was an amazing bike.

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-19, 02:44
Damn, not you going too, Matt!

I know what you mean, it's like little else gets a look in and it's all anxiety is about. It's really badly skewed, I went to over a years worth of weekly walk-in meetings and barely heard it mentioned.

Take care of yourself mate. I hope the NHS stop pissing you around over a diagnosis and pull their thumbs out of their bums soon. And that your family are all well and you don't get that more disappointment due to dodgy family (if only her dad was ok and you could have shopped the guy, eh?).

I'm sad to see you go but you've got to do what's best for you and yours. This place will always rumble on as it does and you know there are people here who care about you and appreciate you and understand you (and yes, we know if your spelling suddenly goes all wonky it's because you've got XHamster (is it still whips and gimp masks? :whiplash::ninja:) open in another window :whistles::winks:)

All the best for the future mate :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Terry

Pkstracy
12-11-19, 08:36
AWWWW Matt take care please do check here in this thread to let us know you are okay.

KK77
13-11-19, 01:05
Keep chins up, old boy, and take care of yourself.

Complaints are being totally ignored right now so do drop by if you ever fancy a moan :shades:

HalfJack
13-11-19, 01:36
I know what you mean, I try avoid that part of the forum but it's very difficult to do and the titles of HA posts alone can be so explicit they're triggering, or just annoying yep yep. Really wish we didn't have to sift through it all the time. Heard this issue brought up a lot over the years.
Sad to see you go!
Good luck hopefully you feel up to coming back in the future :)

MyNameIsTerry
13-11-19, 01:58
I know what you mean, I try avoid that part of the forum but it's very difficult to do and the titles of HA posts alone can be so explicit they're triggering, or just annoying yep yep. Really wish we didn't have to sift through it all the time. Heard this issue brought up a lot over the years.
Sad to see you go!
Good luck hopefully you feel up to coming back in the future :)

HJ, have you thought of removing the HA board from your view so it no longer shows? I'm not sure if that removes threads from the latest views but Admin do have a thread explaining about it somewhere.

lebonvin
14-11-19, 10:37
Hey Terry can yous find out how to do that and post hete,? That would helpe titles freak me out

HalfJack
14-11-19, 14:09
MNIT- Ahhh no haven't see anything about that, thanks I'll have a hunt around now and see if I can find it!

L - glad its not just me but sorry you're having the same issue :/ wish people were more considerate when naming their threads

HalfJack
14-11-19, 15:19
Ok just found a ton of mod posts which have made me scared to post anything.
In the world of D&D that would be a critical fail lol

LouiseAndy
14-11-19, 19:15
Very sorry to hear about this Matt x wishing you all the best xx

Noivous
14-11-19, 22:22
Fare thee well, Matt.
Godspeed.

N.

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 02:40
Hey Terry can yous find out how to do that and post hete,? That would helpe titles freak me out

MNIT- Ahhh no haven't see anything about that, thanks I'll have a hunt around now and see if I can find it!

L - glad its not just me but sorry you're having the same issue :/ wish people were more considerate when naming their threads

No probs, to save me searching for the thread you just have to do this:

1. Go into Settings at the top right of your webpage (may differ on the mobile version)
2. Go into General Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom on there is a function for Forums To Exclude From View. Pick the ones you want.
4. Click Save Changes.

That will remove any threads form the forum in your view so you no longer see them using the forum filters like Active Topics and New Posts. The whole board will disappear from your view until you change that setting.

Sparky16
15-11-19, 03:36
Sorry to see you go, Matt. Check in with us sometime, OK? Wishing you and your family the best.

lebonvin
15-11-19, 04:32
No probs, to save me searching for the thread you just have to do this:

1. Go into Settings at the top right of your webpage (may differ on the mobile version)
2. Go into General Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom on there is a function for Forums To Exclude From View. Pick the ones you want.
4. Click Save Changes.

That will remove any threads form the forum in your view so you no longer see them using the forum filters like Active Topics and New Posts. The whole board will disappear from your view until you change that setting.

Good stuff Terry but don't work on mobiles

Can I pm you my password is you can do for me? I got no secrets

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 05:21
Good stuff Terry but don't work on mobiles

Can I pm you my password is you can do for me? I got no secrets

Best not, if it comes to that let Admin deal with it for you. They won't like people sharing passwords.

I reckon you are in NMP Mobile mode by default which is a new thing since the upgrade. You can change this in General Settings but the problem is I don't think you can access that menu. What happens if you click on Full Site at the bottom of the screen? Does it come up with a 404 page not found error? Or does it changes how the screen looks so there is more on it? If the latter you can get do the above per those instructions (and which version of NMP you use if controlled half way down where it says "Choose Skin" if you prefer the full site anyway (the mobile version is in that drop down menu too)).

If you get 404 page error then this is because it's a fault that needs fixing since the forum upgrade. So, Admin can easily sort out limiting your access to boards by logging in with your password but using the Full Site version. They would have to keep changing things as you request changes to your view though. I'll add it onto the faults thread and see what Nic says.

lebonvin
15-11-19, 06:13
ok Terry comprendo

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 06:25
Ignore that 404 stuff, I forgot I had my JavaScript turned off. :doh: So on my mobile I can click Full Site to change the view and then do the other steps above. You will stay in Full Site mode for a while until you probably log back on as your skin will be set to mobile.

lebonvin
15-11-19, 06:45
Thanks Terry but don't work on my crap old android I got this message

We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 06:56
I've seen that message on my laptop if I load the mobile version.

I don't understand that as you must be in the main version or mobile. I wonder if Admin need to check your settings? If you can't get into your settings they will be able to.

I'm using an old version of Android 4.2.2. Which version are you on? I guess it may not be fully compliant with the new forum but Admin would be able to check.

lebonvin
15-11-19, 07:35
Hi Terry

Done it!

The problem was browser. I use Opera Mini and couldn't do it. Then I tried Chrome and all fine and dandy.

Thanks so much for yous help. Such a relief not to get all that crap appear

Charlie