PDA

View Full Version : Maybe MS (possible trigger)

sial72
13-11-19, 12:29
Hi there
I've been having a lot of symptoms on and off for the past few years. They are getting worse and I've now been sent to a Neurology dept in a big hospital. Today I went for a pelvic and lumbar scan and I have ab appointment with the neurologist in december. So basically I am being seen to.
The thing is (beware that this may be a trigger if you want to stop reading) that some months ago I read an article about Selma Blair, who has MS, and she had spent years going from one doc to another and they kept saying anxiety.
I try not to think about this but I know it's at the back of my mind. And I often wonder if maybe a lot of my symptoms could be caused by having this in my head.
Anybody with anything similar??
I'm having a really terrible time with all this.
Thanks in advance xx

Gee
13-11-19, 13:03
Yeh I wish I hadn’t read that tbh I have had symptoms every 3 years but got better not worse and hAd clear mri but u still got me panicking again now!

sial72
13-11-19, 13:36
I'm sorry, I did specify possible triggers twice so that this wouldn't happen.
If you are getting better not worse and had a clear mri then that means you're ok.

BlueIris
13-11-19, 13:40
Wishing you the very best of luck, Sial.

pav1984
13-11-19, 14:47
Im not saying this is the same thing but whatever illness i am currently worried about, i tend to get some kind of sensation in that area. So i imagine that it is possible that if ms is on your mind you will get tingling etc? Ms is quite uncommon thankfully and it is probably something else.

sial72
13-11-19, 15:06
Thaaaanks x

nomorepanic
13-11-19, 16:04
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

leoguaje7
13-11-19, 20:16
Selma Blair had pretty drastic symptoms which really affected her day to day life rather than noticing small things. I'm not sure your symptoms but not everyone is the same and MS is a rare condition

pav1984
13-11-19, 20:34
When i got diagnosed with ms i feared the worst. Then i found out that the life expectancy is similar to the average. I also discovered that most people dont end up in wheelchairs. So if you do start worrying bear that in mind.

However you havent been diagnosed with it yet so i wouldnt stress too much until you need to.

Hope all goes well.

sial72
14-11-19, 06:32
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you are doing well x

sial72
14-11-19, 06:39
Unfortunately what I have are not small things. I will not list them so as not to trigger any further but all I can say is that I can't lead a normal life. With that said, as pav1984 says I have not been diagnosed with anything specific yet so I will wait to cross that bridge when and if I come to it. I'm finding my wait for test results and doctors visits quite difficult but on the other hand I need answers so I'm just putting up with it all.
Just need to vent. Thanks! X

leoguaje7
16-11-19, 05:30
Have you had your vitamin levels checked? I know someone from twitter who was depleted in B12 for over 3.5 years and had all sorts of nerve problems which were very similar to those of MS and it wasn't until he got his b12 and vitamin D levels checked that he found out the reason as it had perplexed him for so long. After 7 months of B12 injections he is now free from all of the problems (tingling, numbness, brain fog, double vision and bowel problems)

sial72
16-11-19, 17:08
Hi leoguaje7
I had them checked last year and they were ok I think, maybe a bit low if I remember correctly but within range. I had bloods done on Friday which I will have for next Friday so I will see about b12 and D then. Thanks for the information! X

sial72
27-11-19, 08:35
Just got my results from my bloods and vitamin B12 and D are very low. I have to see my doctor with the results this evening, see what she says. I also have high markers for some other things (don't know what they are called in English, C reactive protein? And something else) I have looked it up and apparently one is related to infection/inflamation and the other to liver. My HA is completely out of control

BlueIris
27-11-19, 08:44
Try not to panic? Will be thinking of you.

gailveronica
27-11-19, 16:43
I went through this earlier this year. My symptoms are listed throughout this site, but for the sake of brevity: vertigo, migraine, unilateral paresthesia, numbness, facial twitches, visual disturbances (one-side), hearing loss (confirmed by ENT: one-side), swallowing difficulties, heat intolerance.

It took months to see a neurologist, who looked at my MRI (which had lesions, radiologist report said "MS can't be ruled out") and the neuro said "this is a healthy brain." A lumbar MRI showed clear results. I also had high CRP and ESR - inflammation markers. Doctors are paying this no mind.

We're still on the hunt for the cause of my symptoms (which wax and wane, right now they're waxing something fierce!), but it's not MS. I almost wish it was, honestly, as I'd kill for some answers right now. But we tread on...

Good luck to you, and if it's MS it is a manageable chronic illness - if it is not, I hope you find some answers to bring you peace.

pav1984
03-12-19, 13:04
Just got my results from my bloods and vitamin B12 and D are very low. I have to see my doctor with the results this evening, see what she says. I also have high markers for some other things (don't know what they are called in English, C reactive protein? And something else) I have looked it up and apparently one is related to infection/inflamation and the other to liver. My HA is completely out of control

I hope everything is ok. Wishing you the best.