PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack- really need to talk :(

its1111
14-11-19, 20:20
Hello. I had a panic attack in the middle of the night last night (at least that's what I think it was). Something startled me awake, almost as if I stopped breathing, and I jolted up. I felt ok for a bit, then all of a sudden my heart rate went to nearly 200 bpm for about 5-10 minutes. I was very close to calling an ambulance if it kept up...I have heart arrhythmias at times, but not usually that high. This was my first panic attack? in quite some time, and definitely probably the worst one I've had. I went from sweating to freezing and it took about 30 minutes to calm myself. Then I was afraid to go back to sleep..but eventually did.

My question is- today I feel just awful. I feel as though I've been hit by a bus- I have NO energy, I have taken two naps (unheard of for me), I am lightheaded and spacey, and I just feel down. Is this normal??? I've never experienced something like this and now I'm questioning if I did have a heart episode rather than a panic attack.

Any words of encouragement are welcomed. Thank you.

Gee
14-11-19, 20:25
A panic attack will really drain you - all the adrenaline- also you didn’t sleep well, try and rest x

nomorepanic
14-11-19, 21:18
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239