PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about diabetes (and more). Itching sensations after drinking soda

scared88
14-11-19, 21:02
Here I am again with a new set of worries. Lately I've been having worries relating to diabetes. Now, I don't have any of the traditional symptoms, frequent urination or infections and slow healing cuts and wounds.
However, I have in recent years put on a bit of weight and taken comfort in fast food and sodas, I drink too much soda and I'm trying to cut back a little. Most of this is due to anxiety and depression. I'm not obese and my weight is stable, as in it's not fluctuating or anything, 91kg. I move around a lot and I dont feel any mobility issues.
Over the last few days when I have had a bit of soda I've felt some itching sensations throughout my body and started a fear that maybe my few years of bad eating habits have caused diabetes already. I've not seen itching as a symptom except when there is nerve damage but I would like to think I'd have some other more severe issues and noticable symptoms by then.
Then of course I start to think about my nodes as well that have been an issue for nearly 13 years now.

What do you think? Could this itching that kinda moves around my body mean diabetes?

Fishmanpa
14-11-19, 22:37
Scared.... If you can, take a step back and read your thread from the perspective of a non sufferer and answer that question. Look at the things you wrote.... No symptoms, I don't know a soul that doesn't take "comfort" in "comfort food" and that for many is fast food and sugar, and you're in generally good health. You're making an itch (from sugar overload IMO) and a 13 year obsession about your nodes into a diabetes connection? :huh:

Positive thoughts

scared88
16-11-19, 00:08
Scared.... If you can, take a step back and read your thread from the perspective of a non sufferer and answer that question. Look at the things you wrote.... No symptoms, I don't know a soul that doesn't take "comfort" in "comfort food" and that for many is fast food and sugar, and you're in generally good health. You're making an itch (from sugar overload IMO) and a 13 year obsession about your nodes into a diabetes connection? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Yes I don't have any of the more traditional symptoms. But over the last few years I've been eating so crappy and that this itching and now sometimes burning sensation right after eating sugar could be diabetes but could nerve damage show up before any of the other symptoms? Just seems weird to me that I start to get this when I start to try to cut back on the sugar and overeating. My health is ok-ish, I sometimes get out of breath and of course I keep thinking about my nodes, they're large and have been like for a long long time. So I do tend to connect them to a lot of things.

scared88
18-11-19, 23:08
This thing really just started from out of nowhereand only comes after drinking soda or eating something sugary. Starting at a time when I'm actively trying to cut back on bad eating habits.

ErinKC
19-11-19, 13:56
This thing really just started from out of nowhereand only comes after drinking soda or eating something sugary. Starting at a time when I'm actively trying to cut back on bad eating habits.

The itching is almost certainly anxiety-related. That's why it's come on when you're actively thinking about what you're eating. You drink soda and feel worried about it and start itching. My brother has had type 1 diabetes for 21 years, he does a pretty crappy job keeping it under control, and he has yet to have any negative long term side effects like sores or nerve damage. If you've not even been diagnoses, you are not going to start having nerve damage without any other symptoms.

Cutting back on sugar is a good plan, don't let anxiety sabotage you with all these fears. You'll be fine.