PDA

View Full Version : Am I imagining this :/

LF87
17-11-19, 20:03
Hi,
For the last few months I have been a bit obsessed with 'organ pain'. I can go from kidneys to liver to heart. And I have had genuine weird pains. I focus on them obsessively, then that area goes away and seems to pop up somewhere else. The past two days I've had a weird tingly feeling around my liver, like as if my skin hurts if anyone has ever had that. I worry about my liver a lot cos I do drink more than I should. Oddly, I have had sore skin feeling if I'm unwell with a cold or something, but I'm not poorly. So I'm fixated, keep poking my sides stroking my ribs all sorts. Woke up all last night dreaming about it and again examining my liver at 4am.
Anyone had tingly skin? Is it even a thing? Thanks

pav1984
17-11-19, 20:40
I find i experience sensations in places i am worrying about. Think about when someone talks about headlice. Bet your head itches.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
17-11-19, 20:49
Hi LF87

I have had both tingly skin and sore skin, the tingly skin I get on one side of my face, doc says it’s an anxiety symptom, sometimes I can have it in my fingers on same side as my face...very hard to describe as it’s not like pins and needles.
The sore skin is almost like a friction burn and even your clothes rubbing on it can irritate, I have had that in numerous places on my body, and can last a couple of days then disappears, not quite sure what that is, but I don’t worry about. Probably another weird and wonderful anxiety symptom.

keep poking your side won’t help you will only manage to make yourself sore, then you’ll worry about that.

The mind is very powerful and the more you fixate on something and worry the more intense it will feel and the longer it will last, so try not paying any attention to it.

You will be fine xx

LF87
17-11-19, 21:34
Thank you both so much. The brain is obviously so powerful, I really feel like my skin feels weird. But I guess it's cos I'm focused on it too much. Thanks again :) X