PDA

View Full Version : all sorts of worries but popping a pimple is the one on my mind

socksrox
18-11-19, 05:33
now that i'm not worrying so much about my lymph nodes following my strep throat treatment, i now have new things to worry about.

if it's not worrying over c-dif and whether i'll catch it, it's the fact that i just popped this huge pimple on my face without really meaning to. it's not a normal pimple as i've had it for over a week now, but a rather big "cystic" one that i didn't even think i COULD pop. i was mindlessly squeezing it to see if it still hurt and the damn thing burst all over my fingers, then started bleeding a bit. not a whole lot but it was bleeding alright.

so after a while i tried to dab at the spot that seemed to have closed up already with some rubbing alcohol. now i'm worried about all sorts of things, like c-dif, and a staph infection from popping a pimple on my face, especially one as deep as this. and i still have the damn swelling on my face! the pus is gone and yet i still have this swollen lump there, so now i'm all worried on the inside and looking like ass on the outside. i made the mistake of googling up other people who did the same thing and now my worries of staph infection are going way up, especially since i'm still taking antibiotics. doesn't that mean my immune system is kind of garbage right now?

damn it! damn it!

WiseMonkey
18-11-19, 06:49
You are absolutely fine, you put some rubbing alcohol on it which kills any germs that might be on your skin, plus you are on antibiotics. Just let it heal up and use some Crystaside cream on it, that will dry it up.

socksrox
18-11-19, 07:11
You are absolutely fine, you put some rubbing alcohol on it which kills any germs that might be on your skin, plus you are on antibiotics. Just let it heal up and use some Crystaside cream on it, that will dry it up.

.. you know, while i was googling it, i didn't stop to think that staph IS treated with antibiotics, so my whole freak out could've been avoided had i put two and two together. thank you for literally putting my head back on in place.

ankietyjoe
18-11-19, 09:19
Stop googling. Just stop.

ErinKC
18-11-19, 22:24
I have popped hundreds of pimples in my life and lived to tell the tale! I know *technically* it's not advised... but who doesn't pop their pimples?