PDA

View Full Version : Waiting...

BlueIris
18-11-19, 08:56
They're restructuring at work, and we have our initial briefing today. Citalopram is a wonderful thing; I found out about the meeting on Friday and on past occasions, I've spent the entire weekend in bed sobbing my heart out. As it is, it really doesn't feel good. I'm the sole earner in my household and even though I know I won't find anything out today, chances are it marks the start of a worrying few months. Going to have to get my head around the idea of nasty surprises when I'm least expecting them.

In a sane, sensible world, my job won't be at risk. Management logic isn't always the same as real world logic, though, and the thought of redundancy scares me into near-insensibility.

ankietyjoe
18-11-19, 09:00
All the lucky poo's for you! I'm sure it'll be fine :) x

BlueIris
18-11-19, 09:04
​Thanks, Joe, I'm really proud of myself for holding it together over the weekend.

Carnation
18-11-19, 09:31
You are doing well Blue, I'd be in pieces :ohmy:
I hope it goes well for you x

BlueIris
18-11-19, 09:32
Thanks, Carnation. I doubt we'll find out much today, anyway.

BlueIris
18-11-19, 10:20
It's all good, both jobs safe!

Carnation
18-11-19, 10:33
:yesyes:

Midnight-mouse
18-11-19, 11:44

That’s great news! Sorry it’s been a rough weekend but you did so well to get through it and face the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
18-11-19, 11:47
Thank you, Mouse! Got a banging relief headache now, but it feels mostly worth it :)

Midnight-mouse
18-11-19, 11:49
I bet! After all that there’s no doubt that I would have a headache too!

Be kind to yourself and relax when you get out of work, feet up and something yummy for tea? Or maybe some new pretty beads as a reward. You definitely deserve it!

BlueIris
18-11-19, 12:01
I should have some fun beading supplies arriving in the post today :) If Mr Iris goes shopping today I'll ask him to bring home treats, though - maybe a steak or something.

Midnight-mouse
18-11-19, 12:02
That all sounds brilliant! Let’s hope Mr Iris is up for shopping, I think steak sounds perfect.

Mrsmitchell1984
18-11-19, 12:34
That all sounds brilliant! Let’s hope Mr Iris is up for shopping, I think steak sounds perfect.

yaaay! What great news xxxx

ankietyjoe
18-11-19, 19:19

I'm glad I didn't have my lucky poo in vain.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
18-11-19, 19:23
Aww that’s brilliant news blue, really pleased things have turned out good, and you did brilliant holding it all together over the weekend, now relax...:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
20-11-19, 02:24
Glad to hear it all worked out for you, Blue. Another win for Blue over anxiety and another lesson learned about how the traps of negative thinking could have caused you a spiral.

BlueIris
20-11-19, 05:26
I suspect it's a victory for SSRIs over anxiety, Terry, but hey, I'll take it :winks:

pulisa
20-11-19, 08:29
I doubt whether your meds did anything..You are responsible for getting through this so positively. I'm very pleased you had reassuring news.