PDA

View Full Version : asthma inhalers

syl
27-09-07, 08:35
can i ask does anyone use asthma inhalers and if so do you get a sore throat.
as recently every time i use the inhaler i am getting a terrible sore throat as if it is iratating my throat ,
I do the usual thing like garggle after use but it doesnt seen to help
any ideas please other than going back to doctors
thanks

neil1975
27-09-07, 11:02
Hi Syl,

I use Seretide which is a preventer/releaver in one inhaler.
I used to get the sore throat but decided to start using a spacer for my inhaler now and that has stopped the dry/sore throat.
You can ask your doctor for a prescription for a spacer if you don't have one.
I would ask for an aerochamber type one rather than a volumatic because they are a lot smaller.

http://www.aerochambervhc.com/

The one without the mask :)

Take Care,

Neil

geordie flower
27-09-07, 13:29
Hiya, my mam found that her inhaler was making her cough more as soon as she'd use it so she went back to docs and was given a gas free inhaler and shes been loads better, maybe this might help you tracey x

belle
27-09-07, 14:54
I use CFC free inhalers. I thought that is all what was available these days.

x

syl
27-09-07, 20:02
Hi neil
The doctor put me on seretide in july and i had a reaction to it and a terrible throat and not been able to get rid of the sore throat since then now i use ventalin with a aero chamber but still getting the throat irritation

syl
27-09-07, 20:03
not sure what gas free inhalers are mine is ventalin
just seems to irritate my throat every time i use it

Pickle
27-09-07, 20:15
Hi Syl

Gas free inhalers are CFC free and are being introduced now. I used to use the normal Ventolin (blue) inhaler but that has been changed to the new Airomir Inhaler. I found that I had a sore throat for two or three weeks after changing to the new Airomir inhaler but everything has calmed down now. I think (for me anyway) it was just a case of sore throat/new inhaler.

Hope everything settles down soon

Take care

syl
27-09-07, 20:32
Hi Pickle
I use the blue ventalin inhaler so guess that is not gas free
but been having problems since they started me on seritide in july had bad reaction to it my throat closed up nearly
so maybe inhalers need time to let throat settle down