PDA

View Full Version : I’m struggling with tough mental health problems.

marrybruce
27-09-07, 09:34
I had regular anger feelings which in the past outbursts in public which were difficult to control. I have also high panic and anxiety problems, all which I cope with every day. However I have 2 questions today, I have this morbid fear of having nothing at all, no materialistic possessions. I don’t own a lot anyway because I receive welfare, but I freak out sometimes and am traumatized by the thoughts of what would I do if something happened and I had nothing at all. My few goods I owned were damaged or stolen, and I was left with nothing at all, this does terrify me. I also worry how am going to achieve my future ambitions if am dealing with this now, ~ the young woman. The house, the job, living where I choose, in environment...it seem like it’s impossible to attain. Its so despairing when every other program you watch or magazine you read advertises materialistic goods to buy, and that you must have. And I haven’t got, everybody needs something don’t they?

marrybruce
03-10-07, 08:53
I had regular anger feelings which in the past outbursts in public which were difficult to control. I have also high panic and anxiety problems, all which I cope with every day. However I have 2 questions today, I have this morbid fear of having nothing at all, no materialistic possessions. I don’t own a lot anyway because I receive welfare, but I freak out sometimes and am traumatized by the thoughts of what would I do if something happened and I had nothing at all. My few goods I owned were damaged or stolen, and I was left with nothing at all, this does terrify me. I also worry how am going to achieve my future ambitions if am dealing with this now, ~ the young woman. The house, the job, living where I choose, in environment...it seem like it’s impossible to attain. Its so despairing when every other program you watch or magazine you read advertises materialistic goods to buy, and that you must have. And I haven’t got, everybody needs something don’t they?
I have mental health problems, and I have to deal with people judging me without getting to know me. I don't think it's fair that people treat others so badly. It hurts my feelings.

cattttt
04-10-07, 01:40
Sounds like you're having a pretty tough time and you don't know where to start to try and get out of it. I agree with you about the way people treat you without really knowing you. Don't know the system in the US, so I'm not much help in where to make a start. How about some help with the anxiety and panic, at least that would make every day easier. Have a read of the stuff on the rest of this site, it's all good stuff.

marrybruce
11-10-07, 03:59
I have mental health problems, and I have to deal with people judging me without getting to know me. I don't think it's fair that people treat others so badly. It hurts my feelings.Thanks in advance.

marrybruce
15-10-07, 08:07
Thanks for your all replies.

marrybruce
23-10-07, 14:41
Hi Marrybruce,

I'm sorry you're going through a tough spell at the moment.

quote:
Its so despairing when every other program you watch or magazine you read advertises materialistic goods to buy, and that you must have. And I haven’t got, everybody needs something don’t they?

I do think the media has a lot to answer for when it comes to persuading us we need so many things that we don’t really need at all. It might seem like we need so many material possessions, but are they really essential to finding true happiness in life, I wonder...

How many people do you see around you who have all that stuff and are still desperately sad or unhappy? And how many people apparently own very little yet still seem able to live a happy and fulfilling life? I think those who find true happiness manage to find it in the things they already have, no matter how small they may be.

quote:
I also worry how am going to achieve my future ambitions if am dealing with this now, ~ the young woman. The house, the job, living where I choose, in environment...it seem like it’s impossible to attain.

One step at a time!
Looking at everything together like that does make it feel impossible to attain, but the secret is to break it all down. The house, the job, etc... Take one at a time – one you feel in a position to do something about at the moment – and break that down still further into even smaller chunks that are possible and attainable.

Good luck :)
NigelThanks for your replay.

marrybruce
30-10-07, 18:00
My partner suffers from anxiety and panic attacks almost daily which he feels lik ehes having a heart attack and going to die. Does anybody know of natural remedies to help relieve thi he is currnetly taking a magnesium tablet to help but i want to know th most popular that works thanks :)

marrybruce
31-10-07, 09:28
oops why no replies.

suzyehayes
29-03-11, 12:19
Hi Marrybruce,
I found Dr. Bachs rescue remedy very helpful with my panic attacks, its only a small bottle which you can carry with you and when you feel panicky just pop 4 drops onto your tongue or your wrist, you can buy it at boots the chemist.
Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
Suzanne