PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sekhmet
27-09-07, 11:08
Hey,

I'm another newbie around here; though I have looked at the forum before, I have until now not posted.

I am 25 and from England. I am about to start my MA, which is no doubt a contributor in my anxiety.

I've suffered from PD for several years now, though I stopped having panic attacks after the first year and simply had general anxiety. I'd really thought I had the attacks beat, until two months ago; at that point they came back and brought some friends. I have considerable diffiulty leaving the house and am restricted in doing the things that I enjoy: shopping, driving, seeing my friends as they invariably lead to totally inexplicable panic attacks.

So, I tend to yo-yo between high anxiety and terrible depression. It helps to know that I am not alone in this and neither going mad nor dying. I know things will get better, they did before! Talking to others who suffer and understand might help too though, and that is why I am here.

Sorry about the longwindedness, I'm very pleased to be here!

manmoor
27-09-07, 11:19
Hi Sekhmet,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

yorkylover
27-09-07, 12:09
Hello and welcome.You are not alone.There is lots of support here and advise.Everyone here is great:yesyes: I also have anxiety,depression and social anxiety.I dont go any where alone apart from the local village sometimes,my panic attacks caused this problem.:hugs: :hugs:

trac67
27-09-07, 13:17
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
27-09-07, 13:38
Hello And Welcome To The Site........linda

Believe
27-09-07, 14:56
Hello Sekhmet,

Welcome to the family. Hope that you will be able to find the answers that you need. Everybody here is so very nice and caring.

Looking forward to talking to you.

Take care
Believe

I BELIEVE IN TIME WE ALL CAN AND WILL GET BETTER:)

Southern_Belle
27-09-07, 17:14
Hi Sekhmet,

Welcome to NMP. You are right being here will help. Many here feel exactly how you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
27-09-07, 18:45
Hi there

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Glad you decided to post.

You will meet some lovely people here and get loads of support.

honeybee3939
27-09-07, 19:28
Hi Sekhmet

A BIG warm welcome from me too hun, its lovely you have joined us.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
27-09-07, 19:41
Hi Sekhmet and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
27-09-07, 20:56
Hello sekhmet:welcome:to you!

We're pleased you're here too - because we all help and support one another.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nicki22
27-09-07, 23:53
hiya hun and welcome...im sure you will enjoy it here we all here to help and support one another :) i also have anxiety...depression...social anxiety which i cant go out anywhere alone without my parther or my mum ! xxox