PDA

View Full Version : Weird virus!

Munchlet
22-11-19, 08:23
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm currently going through.

I felt a bit off at the start of this week, a bit dizzy and not quite right, also been having really bad acid reflux. On Wed reflux was really bad so I took a lansaprozole. I went to bed and woke about 2.30 with a really bad stomach ache. Went to the bathroom and had really bad diarrhoea and at the same time started to vomit, dont you love it when it's both ends at the same time! Anyway I was sick twice and had diarrhoea three times. I went back to bed and since then fortunately no more vomitting or diarrhoea but just feel really awful and have had the headache from hell ever since.

The headache goes with painkillers but comes back, yesterday I had a dry cracker and a slice of bread with banana and I'm trying to drink plenty etc but just feel really off.

What's not helped is I recently got referred to gastroenterology because of a high fecalcalproctein test but they have told doctor they are not concerned as they think it fits with the diarrhoea I'd been having and to retest in two months. The letter from the doctor said to call if my diarrhoea returns,

I have IBS-D and it had seemed to have settled but now I'm not sure if this is the return of the diarrhoea or a bug.

Anyone else had anything similar recently?

Fishmanpa
22-11-19, 12:27
I know several people that have had a stomach bug recently. That time of year I suppose.

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
22-11-19, 13:21
Certainly could be a stomach bug. Almost everyone in our household had the Norovirus recently. No fun, but I'm sure you'll feel better soon.