PDA

View Full Version : Back and stomach pain lasting a week - could it just be ibs?

24-11-19, 10:59
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar. I've had back pain for 2 weeks (mostly on the right but moving around different parts of my back) and for the last few days I also have lower stomach pains (again mostly on the right side). Both symptoms are pretty constant, I don't have a fever but have spells of nausea and my appetite is pretty much gone. My first thought was a kidney infection as I was urinating a lot earlier in the week but that's gone back to normal now and I do have spells like that sometimes. I can't work out what's going on, yesterday the stomach pain and feeling bloated was the main symptom but I've woken up this morning with back pain again! I feel a bit unwell but I do also have a bit of a cold. I've been very stressed lately, could it all be stress related IBS? Having all these symptoms this badly for this long isn't usual for me.

WiseMonkey
25-11-19, 02:57
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar. I've had back pain for 2 weeks (mostly on the right but moving around different parts of my back) and for the last few days I also have lower stomach pains (again mostly on the right side). Both symptoms are pretty constant, I don't have a fever but have spells of nausea and my appetite is pretty much gone. My first thought was a kidney infection as I was urinating a lot earlier in the week but that's gone back to normal now and I do have spells like that sometimes. I can't work out what's going on, yesterday the stomach pain and feeling bloated was the main symptom but I've woken up this morning with back pain again! I feel a bit unwell but I do also have a bit of a cold. I've been very stressed lately, could it all be stress related IBS? Having all these symptoms this badly for this long isn't usual for me.

Sounds like stress but a visit to your Dr to get things checked out, could be in order, then you can relax.