PDA

View Full Version : E.coli recall on lettuce!!

Sunflower318
25-11-19, 22:51
I got a call from my grocery store saying there is a recall on romaine lettuce. Of course I had the brand in my fridge. The date the are recalling are oct31 to nov 1. The stuff I have says use by Nov 30. But it's from the same farm or whatever. But I'm already freaking out about this. Like I instantly felt nauseous as soon as I got the phone call. Ugh. We ate the salad yesterday.

Fishmanpa
25-11-19, 23:28
This happens a half a dozen times+ a year with different foods. Meat, lettuce, fruits, veggies etc.. A handful of people actually do get sick. Worst case, you have the puke 'n runs. In the overwhelmingly majority of cases, nothing happens. I think you would be feeling the effects by now anyway....

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
25-11-19, 23:36
If you ate the salad yesterday and aren't sick, no problem.

If you don't eat the rest of the salad, no problem.

So good news. No problem.

Sunflower318
25-11-19, 23:46
It just sets my anxiety off. I have kids!

Carys
26-11-19, 08:14
So use some logic here, it wasn't even the batch you were eating and you aren't ill despite eating it the day before (actually, I'm struggling to understand how people were expecting to keep lettuce for a month, they contacted you yesterday but the batch use-by-date was 1st November ? DId they think you'd still have mouldy lettuce in your fridge?). Having kids isn't really relevant ?

Sunflower318
27-11-19, 02:31
The kids ate it to. The changed the recall to all sell by date. And it says it takes 1-10 days to show symptoms. There are no reported cases in my state but a few in aneighboring state. The reported illnesses reported Sept 24th-Nov 14th. really cant stop worrying about it. The CDC website doesnt really convince me that its over with.

Fishmanpa
27-11-19, 12:09
To date there have been 67 cases reported out of 330 million people in the US.... just saying... :shades:

Positive thoughts

Sunflower318
28-11-19, 21:53
I have been really nauseous today I woke up in the middle of the night really dizzy and nauseous. I have thrown up or anything but I dont have much of an appetite. I have been having a hard time with my marriage so I'm wondering if its anxiety? But I'm also scared it's the beginning of ecoli poisoning. I'm such a mess

nomorepanic
28-11-19, 22:20
Sounds like anxiety caused by winding yourself up.

Sunflower318
29-11-19, 18:29
I hope so. Today I haven't been as nauseous. But I do have some cramps down my left side of my abdomen. Pretty much from my ribs to my hip.