PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Smoke Scare

SEANML
26-11-19, 02:50
Crud About To Relapse
Been a year or so not having Health Anxiety. It absolutely ruined me and a marriage. But on that side not I have been better for a few years until now.
Spent about 3 hours in a tobacco filled house of chain smokers. I just did not want to be rude so I went in and spent time with the person.

Baam here I am home panicking about every god known cancer I might get now. (my health anxiety was all about cancer I had so many testing done over those years lol, lost my mind) Kind of looking for some one to talk to to help before I go back into the hell of health anxiety :(

AntsyVee
26-11-19, 03:01
Well, what's done is done. There's nothing you can do now except limit your contact to smoke in the future. I grew up in a house with a smoker, and there's not anything I can do about it either.

How did you get over your HA before now? You need to pull those techniques back out of the closet and use them again.

SEANML
26-11-19, 05:37
starting to relax. That whole saying "What's done is done" no point in worrying, simply make steps to prevent it in the future ;) Worrying wont solve anything :) Thanks

Carys
26-11-19, 08:12
You will be totallyand utterly fine, 3 hours is nothing, if lung cancer was that easy to get most of the population would have it as most have experienced passive smoke for many many hours in their lives.

Spent about 3 hours in a tobacco filled house of chain smokers. I just did not want to be rude so I went in and spent time with the person.

Personally I think the smokers were rude, they should have been the ones going outside and not imposing their habit on you !!!