PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 08:22
Hi
Woke up to find my back was a bit sweaty nothing was drenched. I'm beginning to panic as to why this is happening.

Note: I recently began worrying that I hope I don't wake up sweating in the night and for some reason it's happened

Quinn1
26-11-19, 09:20
You got Manopause :D
I have night sweats from the heat and humidity.

ankietyjoe
26-11-19, 09:28
Night sweats are common with anxiety, and an infection. You might be suffering with one (or both) of those.

Quinn1
26-11-19, 09:33
You are right Joe,anxiety is all it is,so it’s not the heat?

ankietyjoe
26-11-19, 09:38
You are right Joe,anxiety is all it is,so it’s not the heat?

Have you ever been to the UK in November?

No, it is not the heat.

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 11:03
Night sweats are common with anxiety, and an infection. You might be suffering with one (or both) of those.
Hmmmmm
see I don't know I don't think i'm suffering from those two especially an anxiety at the moment which is making me think its something more sinister.

Fishmanpa
26-11-19, 16:05
Everyone sweats a bit now and again. If you're not soaking your clothes and the bed to the point you need to change everything on a regular basis, it's perfectly normal.

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
26-11-19, 16:18
It can be as simple as you’ve bundled yourself up a little more in the covers because it’s cold outside. I know I’ve been waking a little damp at times because of it. I actually thought I was coming down with something (cold or flu) because of it, my husband pointed out how much of the covers I had and how little of me was exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 19:19
Everyone sweats a bit now and again. If you're not soaking your clothes and the bed to the point you need to change everything on a regular basis, it's perfectly normal.

Positive thoughts
Hmm I suppose but it rarely happens to me. Im actually quite scared to sleep tonight. And also I don't think my room is that warm.

Midnight-mouse
26-11-19, 19:20
Hmm I suppose but it rarely happens to me. Im actually quite scared to sleep tonight. And also I don't think my room is that warm.

My room is actually really cold, I keep the windows open all night, which could also explain me bundling up.

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 19:49
My room is actually really cold, I keep the windows open all night, which could also explain me bundling up.

Im just beginning to panic greatly now and can't relax and im terrified it'll happen again tonight, in case this time its drenching

Midnight-mouse
26-11-19, 19:50
Im just beginning to panic greatly now and can't relax and im terrified it'll happen again tonight, in case this time its drenching

Even if it was, doesn’t mean there’s not a benign reason behind it.

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 20:05
Even if it was, doesn’t mean there’s not a benign reason behind it.

And now Im beginning to google stuff I cannot put my mind at ease

Midnight-mouse
26-11-19, 20:06
And now Im beginning to google stuff I cannot put my mind at ease

That’s a choice that you’ve made, you can decide not to google and to just accept that you had one sweaty night that wasn’t even that much. Let the anxious thoughts go. You do have the control to stop the spiral.

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 20:10
That’s a choice that you’ve made, you can decide not to google and to just accept that you had one sweaty night that wasn’t even that much. Let the anxious thoughts go. You do have the control to stop the spiral.

That is true, thank you
even though it will be at the back of my mind

Midnight-mouse
26-11-19, 20:11
That is true, thank you
even though it will be at the back of my mind

Just let them be there, just because we have a thought doesn’t mean it’s right or that we need to act upon it, just like any inappropriate thought you’ve ever had dismiss it.

Matthew1233
26-11-19, 20:27
Just let them be there, just because we have a thought doesn’t mean it’s right or that we need to act upon it, just like any inappropriate thought you’ve ever had dismiss it.

I will try, thank you

Scaredtoo
03-12-19, 13:47
This happened to me all the time for years. The more I thought about it the worse the sweats became. I have learned over the years that if I start to suffer from anxiety from this it will actually get worse. I am sure you’re OK but I am sure that your anxiety is probably contributing to this. Stop googling because that’s the curse of all hypochondriacs. I hope youFeel better

Lady123
03-12-19, 18:44
Hey matthew I’m doing through the same things and it’s been stressing me out!! I’ve been poking and prodding my neck, I’ve been walking around in a daze, feeling numb. It’s totally frightening me.