PDA

View Full Version : Breast Clinic tomorrow - so frightened

Nologic
28-11-19, 12:49
Hi so I am 40 and found a lump last week. Went to GP who said she could feel something and said best to refer but she couldn't refer me under the 2 week wait as I didn't meet all the criteria. Therefore it would be a 6-8 week wait at least. The only cancer in my family is my dad's mum, who incidentally had breast cancer in her 70s (along with lots of other medical issues). I am therefore going private and have an appointment tomorrow at 10.15am. I'm terrified. The lump I found is very deep in the tissue and I can't make it out fully, sometimes when lay down I can't find it at all. The GP did say she could feel something however so i am assuming something is there? I am large boobed anyway and fat:blush:

I am frozen with fear and swinging for trying to be rational, to planning my demise. Does anyone know what will happen roughly? I have to see a consultant who will decide what investigations I have. I just want it all to go away.

Thanks

Unicorn1985
28-11-19, 16:01
Hopefully carys will see this and respond (she’s very knowledgable about this) but the fact she hasn’t referred on the two week referral is a good sign she thinks it could be benign. X

Nologic
06-01-20, 13:23
Thank you unicorn, I had hoped someone else would have replied. I was discharged after a mamogram and unltrasound.

Carys
06-01-20, 13:44
Sorry Nologic, I've only just seen this pop to the top of the 'todays threads'....clearly far too late to offer anything useful. I would have said, amongst other things - that if not under the 2 week rule then you should feel fairly well reassured that it'll be a benign as that is hugely the most likely outcome. - and it was ;o)

Unicorn1985
06-01-20, 14:30
Thank you unicorn, I had hoped someone else would have replied. I was discharged after a mamogram and unltrasound.

Im so pleased it was benign, I hope you are doing ok x