PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experience this?! So worried. :(

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
28-11-19, 13:51
Boy am I struggling. It’s the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S., and I’m already off to a bad start and feeling that I won’t be able to enjoy the day thanks to all my worrying. I’m really devastated.

Does anyone else ever have this experience: you go to the bathroom but don’t feel like you empty your bladder fully? So you have to sit there and wait a minute to go again; or you leave and have to go back in after a few minutes? This really scares me for reasons I won’t get into. I can confirm it’s not a UTI - been tested a couple times. I’m hoping maybe it’s not that uncommon of an experience, but I don’t know. Really scared...

Fishmanpa
28-11-19, 14:35
Welcome to my life but its due to age and a wonderful gland males possess called the prostate :shades: Generally though, stress and anxiety can cause you to subconsciously tense pelvic muscles causing exactly what you described.

Positive thoughts

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
28-11-19, 14:38
No prostate here! ;)

ErinKC
28-11-19, 23:07
Yes. This has happened to me on and off ever since I had a baby 5 years ago. I assume it's my weaker pelvic floor. I also found that it usually is worse when I think about it. I'm pretty sure it gets better or worse depending on my cycle because of hormones and changes in the size and position of my uterus. The absolute best solution is to not think about it.

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
28-11-19, 23:34
Thanks for sharing your experience. You mentioned before that you have fibroids. Did you have this problem before fibroids, too?

Yes. This has happened to me on and off ever since I had a baby 5 years ago. I assume it's my weaker pelvic floor. I also found that it usually is worse when I think about it. I'm pretty sure it gets better or worse depending on my cycle because of hormones and changes in the size and position of my uterus. The absolute best solution is to not think about it.

ErinKC
29-11-19, 01:12
Thanks for sharing your experience. You mentioned before that you have fibroids. Did you have this problem before fibroids, too?

Yes. So, I've had fibroids forever, but one got giant (14 cm) in 2011 and I had that removed. I never had this bladder issue back then. After that I had a few tiny ones (~2cm) before and after my pregnancy. The bladder stuff started right after my pregnancy. My fibroids stayed small until the last year or so when they grew kind of suddenly, probably because of hormone changes with age or my shitty uterus luck! But, the bladder stuff was definitely before they got big again. And, my uterus actually flipped from backward facing to forward facing over the summer because of the fibriod growth and this didn't change - so it doesn't appear to be related to where my fibroids are pressing.