PDA

View Full Version : What visual symptoms have you had?

Flapj
29-11-19, 10:47
I’ve heard that certain visual phenomena are common with anxiety and HA. What have you seen? I get random flashes and bright spots from time to time. And of course floaters. Sometimes I see a colored spot or something my mind immediately notices and freaks out over and it turns out there really is a colored light or reflection in the distance. Is this just another form of hyper vigilance?

Mostu
30-11-19, 20:40
When I was going through a brain tumor scare, I had many visual symptoms, which eventually turned out to be anxiety. First of all, I started misreading words in books or online. After becoming hypervigilant to my vision, it got much worse, I couldn't even read a sentence without mixing up words in my head. Then I started noticing things in my peripheral vision. blinking dots/lights, floaters and so on. Every time something blinked in my vision, I started to seek out the source. Was it a bird flying past my window, or a car driving by? I also had momentary dimming of vision, like a fluorescent light dimming for a split second due to a voltage dip. It was pretty scary and I was convinced that I have a brain tumor, but as soon as I started to worry about something else, all those symptoms magically went away because I wasn't focusing on my vision as much. If you have more questions, shoot.