PDA

View Full Version : Scared I will suddenly collapse

Alice1990
30-11-19, 18:28
Hi everyone,

having a really rough time at the moment.

Just the the other night I felt like I couldn't breathe and worried that I had a serious allergic reaction to a soya meal I had eaten. My throat felt all tight and I was worried that I would just stop breathing. I had a really rough night, I had this horrible spaced out and " light" feeling ( how I can best describe it) and couldn't sleep because of this. I literally felt like I was going to just pass out and not wake back up which was awful.

yesteudsy I felt so much better. Back to myself again and totally back to normal. Now since last night and today I've had the horrible spaced out feeling again to the point it's really panicked me. I skipped a couple of meals yesterday and haven't eaten very much today so wondering if that has played a role.

i just feel so worried and upset at this point :weep:. Has anyone else had similar?

Gary A
30-11-19, 18:42
It sounds like you’ve had a couple of panic episodes to be honest. Breathlessness and light headedness are very common symptoms when you’re suffering panic attacks.

Skipping meals obviously won’t help, so try to relax and have some food, rest up a bit and see if it helps. Watch a tv show or something to distract yourself and you’ll probably find the symptoms disappear the less you focus on them.

Alice1990
01-12-19, 22:43
Hi everyone,

I posted yesterday as I've not been feeling myself at all the last couple of days. Mainly had a " light feeling" along with lightheadedness which have both made me really worry. It's that time of the month as well which hasn't helped.

whenever I get like this ( which I've had a couple of episodes now in the last couple of months) It's like I can't physically relax, including sleep as I'm so worried that something awful is going on with me and that something will happen in my sleep or I'll have to go in to hospital.

Ive got no one around me to talk to for support at the moment so I guess that's why I've turned to the forum.

Alice1990
01-12-19, 22:44
Thank you so much for your reply Gary. I've felt better on and off since yesterday but it's been quite few and far between. You're right in that doing other things does help me to focus less on how I'm feeling

nomorepanic
01-12-19, 22:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.