PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Bill
28-09-07, 01:06
I've been debating for some time whether or not to join but after reading so many posts that I can relate to I thought just maybe I should.

Briefly, I've suffered from anxiety since I was born it seems as I've always hated being left on my own! As I got older I developed a fear of public toilets, even at school. I've also suffered from illness phobia, agoraphobia, OCD, IBS and panic attacks. For a time I got suicidal thoughts, became addicted to valium, self-harmed, took overdoses and tried booze! I was given ECT once- I refused more! and I've tried different anti-depressants. I also lost my father who I was very close to 2 years ago.

However, I no longer get panic attacks or need medication and have learnt to cope with my anxieties so that I am now able to care for my wife and support my mother with whatever they need. I also attempted to set up a local anxiety group, began working in a hospital, do voluntary work for the disabled and play sport.......so I guess there's hope for me yet!:huh:

Lindalou64
28-09-07, 01:32
sounds like your doing great bill im happy for ya welcome to the site wish ya the best........linda

The Fool
28-09-07, 07:51
wow bill youve been through so much well dont worry this is the site that takes your troubles away so have fun!!!!

nanny
28-09-07, 08:12
Hi Bill

I think we know each other through NPS.

welcome to NMP, it's a much more friendly helpful site with a lot of humour thrown in:hugs:

manmoor
28-09-07, 09:00
Hi Bill,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
28-09-07, 12:12
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xx

Believe
28-09-07, 15:17
Hello Bill:welcome:

Hope you makes some new friends. There are plenty here to make.

Take care
Believe

honeybee3939
28-09-07, 17:46
Hi Bill

Glad you decided to join us:) , im sure you will get some great advice support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
28-09-07, 18:36
Hi Bill

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
28-09-07, 19:41
Hi Bill and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
28-09-07, 21:25
Hello Bill:welcome:to you!

Glad you decided to join up!

Yes, there's certainly hope for you - and all of us here!

I'm sure you'll be able to help and support others here too, as well as receive some for yourself.

Pleased to meet you!

:)

xserenax
28-09-07, 21:29
hello Bill glad you joined, im sure your going to make lots of friends here everybody is lovely and very welcoming. x

Bill
28-09-07, 23:53
I just wanted to say thank you for all your welcoming messages. I must admit I'm rather taken aback by all your kindness.

Nanny, yes, you are right that I used to be with NPS. I just felt my time there had run its course and it was time to move on to pastures new with new people in need of mutual support. I just hope you remember me because I made a good impression!?!?!:)

nanny
29-09-07, 08:58
Hi Bill
I remember you very well:) we we're good friends and used to mail.

I think you'll be a great help to this site:hugs:

Bill
30-09-07, 00:40
Thank you nanny for your kind vote of support. I try my best! I don't know how we lost touch but my msn address is on here and you're always welcome to contact me if needed. I'm still mystified who you are! :D but I never forget a good friend! It's good to have you around again. :hugs:

nanny
30-09-07, 10:50
Hi Bill
i have sent you a pm :hugs:

Southern_Belle
30-09-07, 22:24
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the site. I have also had anxiety since birth. It seems to me like you have come a long way! You will find a lot of support here and will make many friends.

Hugs,

Laura