PDA

View Full Version : and it was all going so well .........

haribo
28-09-07, 02:39
hello,

recently has been the most stressful that i can ever imagine,

i currently live in japan and im working for the largest english teaching company in japan, however thier business prctices have been somewhat dodgy!!!

they refused to give students refund as theyu have to pay lessons up front and got a major fine from the government,
when the company was investigated they were hit with may other fines and problems false advertisng being one of them , the are not allowed to take new students on for 6 months, however as the students pay upfront this ment that the company is not making any money,
they were also ordered to employ more teachers due to the false advertising,

the result being that trainers and senoir teachers have not been paid and japanese staff have not been paid and some of my co workers live in Nova (company name) accomodation and Nova has not paid the rent so thay have been evicted.

my pay day is in 2 weeks and it does not look good i have no savings here and if i don't get pasi i will not be able to pay my rent and as i am in provate accomodation there is no leway for no payment!!!

i have been applying for jobs left right and center and i am so tired that today i called in sick. i am working part time in the university and having job interviews everyday.

on the plus side i only stressed out once and on that day it only lasted for maybe 1 hour.

my boyfriend also works for the company and he is not stressed and says that it will be ok, but i know that we cannot survive if they don't pay us.
In japanese law you have to wait for two no payments of wages to get unemployment insurance which covers 70% of your wages,

he has refused to apply for jobs and we argue all the time,

and to top it all off i was so stressed that one of my coworkers hit on me and i accepted this is causing additional strain but it is the only thing that is relaxing me ,

such a mess.