PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing question for the ladies (TMI warning)

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
01-12-19, 16:28
I am so embarrassed to ask this, but my anxiety is bad enough that I’ve lost most of my dignity.

So, here goes: Ladies, is it normal for the urethral area to be somewhat watery? Like, if you look or dab the area with toilet paper, there is wetness? Not as much as after a bathroom trip, but is there almost always some noticeable wetness? With my bladder OCD, I’ve become obsessed that I’m constantly leaking small amounts of urine from a tumor pressing on my bladder or something else horrible. I’m hyper aware of how it feels down there and can’t even recall what’s “normal.” I know it’s a mucus membrane so it’ll never be 100% dry. But I’m just not sure what’s typical. I feel like I’m losing my mind. Please forgive the personal nature of this question. I’m a wreck. :(

sial72
01-12-19, 16:36
Totally normal. I would say it's not urine though, more of a watery discharge, hormone related and there is more or less depending on the time of the month.

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
01-12-19, 16:49
Thank you. I really appreciate your response. I am mid-cycle now, so I know that could be why it seems even more noticeable. But then I started to question whether such moisture should be in the urethral area. Anxiety makes me question everything!

nomorepanic
01-12-19, 16:49
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Darksky
01-12-19, 17:28
Easy. Put a tampon in and you'll soon discover where it's coming from. If it stops, it's a discharge. If it doesn't it's provably urine. Worth a try.

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
01-12-19, 17:35
Thx. Even if not vaginal discharge, I’m still wondering if the urethral area is normally somewhat wet given it’s a mucus membrane and part of the vulva.