PDA

View Full Version : can someone please help me?

loz04
23-01-05, 22:28
yesterday i went to the shop i work at to get sum lottery tickets and was served by this lad who last nite was ill all nite from a stomach thing. i was there twice as long as usual bein served by him coz he put my trasaction thru as cash instead of card so he had 2 refund it all n start agen, but i leaned over the til wiv my head right next to his for ages whilst i tried 2 reach the till screen to help him out...and now im so scared i cud catch it and it's my worst fear. i wud rather die and right now i just cant calm down. he must have breathed all over me and i also touched the till buttons and the counter that he wud have touched n poss put his germs all over and i later ate wiv my hands and didnt wash them (and i usuallyy do, but this time didnt...wot an idiot!)
sorry i just really need some help...am i being daft and worrying about nothing or am i at risk of catching it? thinking about it driving me insane and i have an exam 2mr morning at 9am...dunno how im gonna get there!
plz help.
Loz.
x

seh1980
23-01-05, 22:55
hi Loz,

That's kinda hard to answer as your body catches bugs randomly. I have often been around people who are ill and never got ill myself but then I can suddenly become ill for no reason. Worrying about it won't help you. Chances are that you won't have caught it so try to just relax.

Sarah :D

loz04
23-01-05, 23:01
thanks 4 the reply.
im luckily a healthy person and last time i was ill was wen i was 7yrs old, so i really shouldnt have anything to worry about and i know that logically but it's still winding me up!
darent go n get sum sleep as im worryin 2 much n lying in the dark doesnt help! and i gotta get up at 7am 2 get 2 my exam! bad timing to b worrying about other this right now!
oh well!
thanks agen 4 the reply.
x

Baseballplaya123
24-01-05, 00:08
Heres the deal with viruses....they are not spread through the air except right after the person vomits....they are spread by touching a surface that has been contaminated with the feces of the sick person...so if they dont wash their hands enough after using the bathroom....so wash ur hands well and keep them away from ur face and u should be ok...dont worry

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 08:34
Hi Baseball player.

That is not how viruses are spread. How do you catch colds otherwise - people don't vomit when they have a cold usually.

It is not only to do with touching surfaces either.

The germs are in the air and people breathe them in. Not a lot can be done about that unless you walk round with a face mask on all day.

Loz - hope the exam went ok today?

Nicola

loz04
24-01-05, 16:49
Hi everyone thanks for ur replies!
Yeah my exam went fine thanks nicola, i managed to get a good nites sleep after all my worrying!
i know logically i'll b fine over all this thing bout that lad being ill the other day. colds can b caught thru the air, which i dont mind, i dont care about any other illness apart from ones that make u ill, which r passed thru kissing the person, close contact where germs are taken in to the mouth from the other person, but i didnt eat straight after, it was hours later and i prob didnt even touch the same surface that he did. it's just my mind blowing it all out of proportion, i'll prob worry 4 a few days still tho, coz i cant help it, even tho i kno the logic side that i will be fine! what a complicated mind i live in and many others unfortunately do too! lol
x

FAN
24-01-05, 18:50
i have a similar problem but mine is i cant let anyone touch any part of my skin as i fear i will get germs i walk around constantly with my hands tucked under my arms so no one can brush against them and as i have children its something i really have to sort as i dont allow them close to hug me even

fan x

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 19:27
Loz

Glad the exam went well and you got some sleep.

Germs such as sore throats etc can be caught by kissing, but it is a chance we take and I wouldn't want to stop kissing just because of it.

It is difficult to catch germs from surfaces as well. Just think how many things you touch that other people do too - money, door handles, shopping trolleys/baskets, counters, glasses etc etc. The list is endless. The body is very good at coping with most germs and we suffer no ill side-effects.

FAN - that is a shame cos kids love cuddles etc. In time you will learn that people touching you will not harm you. Look at the things that kids pick up and even eat lol.

Nicola