PDA

View Full Version : music to help

The Fool
28-09-07, 08:36
well this may be help ful it may not but i no for a fact that somt of you get suicidal or icky scary panick thoughts yes?well i got an mp3 player and i found wihle listing i did not have any of these thought (well for one my head was to ful of music) and i found that if i put relaxing songs on it at night time it helped me sleep so this might be helpful if not well it was just a sugestion

jill
28-09-07, 12:21
Hi hun :hugs:

Your suggestion is a great one mate :yesyes: It IS a true fact, that if we can totally distract ourselves away form being very scared of panic, eg, listing to music and other methods of distraction, this lessons the fear, so panic subsides. It is the scary thoughts that fuel are panic.

It is good to hear you have found some music to relax you, thats great hun :yesyes:
When I was acute, I found that dancing to fast music helped lots to get rid of the adrenaline rush, kids uesed to think I'd lost the plot when they seen me dancing around the room like a loon,:wacko: HAY, but it worked :yesyes:

Thank you for sharing :yesyes:

YOU TAKE CARE :hugs:

LOVE JILLXXX

Pauluk
05-10-07, 12:51
Hi.

Yes i have to agree Music does help. Also what i find helps me especially before i go to bed at night is just simply watching a movie, takes my mind of things & helps me relax.

Bill
07-10-07, 01:58
I find music that moves me, that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck is a great tonic! Music can create images, emotions and feelings without speech. It can bring back nice or sad memories, it can calm and relax, it can boost us when we feel low, it can make us laugh or cry and it can be a world language but with the right impact it can always ease a panic. :winks:

Lilith1980
12-11-07, 12:54
Anyone listened to Sigur Ros? Their music is beautiful and even though there aren't any words (they use their own made-up language) the music really gets into you and touches you.

I didnt like them at all when I first heard them, but after hearing a few more songs, I think they are inspirational.

Fall Out Boy
21-11-07, 19:17
hey this a very helpful tip, it helps me alot when i fell scared. i like listening to soulja boy the most - soulja boy is AWESOME!!! especially his song called crank dat

JohnS
27-11-07, 20:48
I've noticed that music also helps me relax a bit more :) I was on the way back from seeing my counseller today and the bus started to get crowded so I got my ipod out, put some music on and I started to feel a bit more relaxed.

LucyA
19-02-08, 10:14
John, I had exactly the same experience. My anxiety started when I had to take a crowded coach to see my ex boyfriend every fortnight. One day I had no choice but to come back on the coach and had unhappily resigned myself to an hour and half of trying to surpress panic. My ex lent me his ipod and I listened to Dave Matthews the whole way home, with no anxiety! Infact, I quite enjoyed listening to the music and watching the nightime city lights go by.
Music gives you the chance to lighten your mood and see things in a more positive light, it definitely helps :)

xx

Wolfie
19-02-08, 11:40
Yeh, music is a total saviour for sure!

And yea, Signor Ros is amazing, and I agree that their music is extremely relaxing and inspirational!!!!

Music is definately one of those things, everyone should take note of when they are in a panic, cause it could do wonders!!! :)

Wollllllllffffffiiiieeeeeeee xx

aliciajane
25-02-08, 02:35
My life really revolves around music.
I sing, play the violin, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, keyboard and piano and I listen to music all the time.
When I feel particularly bad, I too find that listening to my favourite uplifting songs is as good a drug as anything!
I think I might invest in an iPod to listen to some relaxing music like you do before I go to bed.

AceR1mmer
25-02-08, 12:39
Wow wana be my teacher?
i have a voilin,piano, loads of electric guitars but cant play any of it lol
i give up on myself too easy.

I like to listen to guns n roses while im out, the sweet rock music relaxes me lol

chalky
25-02-08, 12:44
Hi Guys,

Music is one of my favourite distractions.
Best wishes,
chalky

Rennie1989
25-02-08, 13:16
Music always helps me. I listed to 'Little Girl' by Enrique Iglesias, sure I cried when I listened to it but it made me feel so much better. Other songs which involve being strong make me feel alot better.

Heavy metal used to be a great help for me but I'm too paranoid about loosing my hearing, lol. I'll stick to pop :P

AceR1mmer
25-02-08, 13:19
eh? what u say? damn my metalised ears lol

Rocky theme is good for feeling strong lol........

its a good movie ok!? lol:roflmao:

aliciajane
25-02-08, 23:52
Wow wana be my teacher?
i have a voilin,piano, loads of electric guitars but cant play any of it lol
i give up on myself too easy.

I like to listen to guns n roses while im out, the sweet rock music relaxes me lol

Guns N Roses are awesome :)
Lots of Muse, Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead for me when I'm out.

And I go to a lot of rock gigs, about 50-100 a year.
Like I said, it's pretty much my life!

Playing intruments is really tricky, you've gotta be patient and stick with it.
If you play every day, you'll soon get the hang of it.
I've been playing since I was five, so I'm lucky enough for it to be second nature to me.

AceR1mmer
26-02-08, 00:53
Glad you agree:)

50-100? wow you must be pretty much deaf by now:roflmao:

i started playing guitar when i was about 8, but i got kicked outa guitar club (sucha rebel) lol and so i quit, did'nt pick up a guitar again till i was 16.
Since then ive picked up one of my guitars plugged it in.......strummed a lil, sighed deeply and turned it off lol
I need the "get up and go" to learn.

Maybe ill try again this week.

till then ill keep air guitaring along with Slash lol

noonoo
06-11-08, 11:40
Some of Goldfrapps music is quite relaxing, like their songs Time Out From The World, Black Cherry, Felt Mountain (funky tune but it gets you thinking), Deep Honey and Hairy Trees are all worth a listen.

ditsy
06-11-08, 18:24
Hi ... When l feel stressed l love to turn the volume up and listen to Greenday, Wildhearts, Artic Monkeys and Kaiser chiefs. They all have that upbeat sound that just makes you want to sing along. Then when l'm really stressed, Ramstein, Sex Pistols and SLF really can pick me up, out of the dolldrums.
:roflmao:

xx_x_sian_x_xx
09-11-08, 19:28
Smile by McFly always cheers me up.

Maybe that's why my anxiety symptoms got bad at their concert on Friday night... they didn't sing it haha. :doh:

Sian xxx