PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Freaking out, very low vit B12

sial72
06-12-19, 11:24
Hi all
I have been having too many strange symptoms to mention and I am being tested for various things.
My blood test results show a few irregularities but the main on is that my B12 levels have gone down from 360 to 155 in under a year. My doctor has put me on a B12 med but only a very light one.
Last night I started to read about severe vit B12 deficiency and pernicious anaemia and I have freaked myself out and now I can't stop thinking that unless I get strong treatment for it soon I might have irreversible damage.
Anybody out there with B12 deficiency?
Thanks in advance x

Scaredtoo
06-12-19, 12:04
I have learned first hand that google is NOT your friend. I just recently went through a health scare and google told me flat out something that just wasn’t true. My dad has this deficiency and there’s not a thing wrong with him other than this deficiency. He’s had it for years.

brucealmighty
06-12-19, 12:05
yes a good friend of mine had readings under 140 but was put on a course of ferritin iron tablets and vit B compound, the levels will go back up but they take a while. the doctor will have prescribed the dose you need based on your results, hang on in there hope you feel better very soon

ankietyjoe
06-12-19, 13:06
Instead of taking medication, why don't you eat a diet that increases your B12 naturally, as that's most likely why it's low in the first place.

gailveronica
06-12-19, 18:06
I have low B12 and it's the cause of many of my symptoms (vertigo, shaking, tingling, numbness). Mine is around 300, but it's been that way for 5+ years, and I've started taking supplements. Eating foods with b12 doesn't always work bc our bodies don't absorb it the way they should. It's okay. I am part of forums where people discuss this and after getting their b12 back on track, their symptoms go away. If you don't have symptoms yet, that's a good thing! stay on course and you'll be in good hands :)

SarahNah
06-12-19, 19:19
I have to go for b12 injections once every two months for like over three years now!

sial72
06-12-19, 19:57
Thanks everyone! Mine is 155 and I do have a lot of symptoms, that is why I'm having tests. My symptoms are shortness of breath, tingling in hands and feet, stiff muscles, difficulty standing...and more which I I can't even think of now because I'm panicking. I'm so afraid because I kept trying to put all my symptoms down to anxiety, but I have very low B12 and low D and Iron also. And my inflammation markers and liver markers are high, aaaargh!! I don't drink any alcohol and I read somewhere that low b12 can cause liver damage. Now I keep thinking I'm just going to collapse.
Sorry to be so negative but I'm truly so scared

nomorepanic
06-12-19, 20:23
I have B12 injections every 3 months - no big deal.