PDA

View Full Version : Going out for work meal!!!

sarahblonde32
07-12-19, 17:08
Hi all just reaching out as I'm going out for the dreaded work xmas meal tonight. I haven't been in this job long so don't really know the people, which makes it worse, then i have the food and eating anxiety to deal with too.
Kinda feeling like its easier to not bother going. Love a Saturday night indoors.
Hey ho.
Wish me luck.
Sarah x

Midnight-mouse
07-12-19, 19:14
Hi all just reaching out as I'm going out for the dreaded work xmas meal tonight. I haven't been in this job long so don't really know the people, which makes it worse, then i have the food and eating anxiety to deal with too.
Kinda feeling like its easier to not bother going. Love a Saturday night indoors.
Hey ho.
Wish me luck.
Sarah x

Take it minute by minute, I hope you have a lovely time! Most of the time it’s the build up to the events that is the worst!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarahblonde32
07-12-19, 19:53
Thanks i like to countdown the minutes til i can get home 🤪☺!

BlueIris
07-12-19, 19:58
Good luck and have a brilliant time!

I have two work meals this year and I'm bricking it a bit.

KK77
07-12-19, 22:07
I certainly don't miss the dreaded Crimbo work 'do' :lac:

May the Force be with you! :shades:

sarahblonde32
07-12-19, 22:28
I hate it. Never a pleasure tbh. I've made it to 10.30 i'm pretty chuffed. Can go home now!!

Midnight-mouse
08-12-19, 00:09
I hate it. Never a pleasure tbh. I've made it to 10.30 i'm pretty chuffed. Can go home now!!

You did really well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarahblonde32
08-12-19, 01:35
Thanks all, i made it until the end! Although i didn't eat much at all. Just nibbled at food, couldn't even eat dessert which i usually eat.
Oh well, one more meal to go next Saturday!!

franfhm
08-12-19, 14:29
Well done for making it through the evening 😊 I suffer with this too sometimes so know how hard it can be. Just think in just over 2 weeks time Christmas will be done and dusted and we can all go back to normal 😊 (whatever normal is of course!)

Darksky
08-12-19, 17:10
Well done for doing it and not backing out because for certain that's what I would have done.:wacko:

pulisa
08-12-19, 19:43
Well done for doing it and not backing out because for certain that's what I would have done.:wacko:

Me too...My personal nightmare situation! I admire you, Sarah!

Darksky
08-12-19, 22:49
Yes Pulisa.....out of all possible nightmares this is the absolute worst. It's nothing to do with being sick or anything. Hard to explain, it's just a massive trigger.
well done again Sarah.

sarahblonde32
18-12-19, 13:50
Hi all, thanks for support, i made it through! And i made it through another meal this weekend too, i actually ate the meal too which is unusual!!
Going out tonight to meet a couple of friends, anxiety high today though. Than annoying thing is, i like a couple of drinks...yet i know that i will the effects of it tomorrow as anxiety hits a high after alcohol!!

BlueIris
18-12-19, 13:57
Well done you!

I just had the first of my two work outings last night; I was a bit panicky by the end but it generally went well and had a nice time.

Friday I'm facing something fairly big, though - staring down my claustrophobia and doing an escape room with some colleagues I like but don't know particularly well. I don't think I'd have been able to do it if the others going hadn't said they were going to be afraid, because I'm absolutely bricking it!

sarahblonde32
18-12-19, 17:13
Wow, i've experienced claustrophobia, but i know it feels to fear something. Just think, its only a temporary situation and a temporary feeling. Hopefully the distraction of the task will be enough and you won't think about it! And, you could just confess you get claustrophobic?! Im pretty sure you won't be the only one feeling it in there! X