PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get over this illness

Js2019
09-12-19, 02:22
Hello all,

I know the winter months here (on the east coast of the US) can be pretty rough when it comes to illnesses going around. My 10 month old son goes to daycare and is always seeming to bring home sicknesses. I myself have chronic sinusitis so my baseline is usually congested as it is. But, for the past 2 weeks I have been sick. It started with a respiratory virus, then I got the stomach flu. I thought I was in the clear after that but I was sick again this morning with a low grade fever, achiness and I have swollen nodes in my neck. It just seems like I can't shake whatever illness this is. I finally went to urgent care and they checked me over. Lungs, throat and ears were great but because of my symptoms and swollen nodes she gave me a ten day course of antibiotics and a steroid dose pack. She thinks that my viral infection is actually bacterial. I guess I am just sick of being sick :( ugh. I work in the hospital with cancer patients so I don't want to get them sick. Also, my health anxiety soars when I am sick for long periods of times.

bin tenn
09-12-19, 02:57
Sorry you're not feeling well, but know this is not all that unusual. You're also not alone. Almost everyone in our house came down with a common cold a little over a month ago. As soon as we were on the tail end of it, a few of us came down with a 24hr stomach bug. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as that disappeared we all had another cold!

I learned that it's possible to catch a cold back to back, and you can even catch two colds at once! Apparently there are 200+ viruses that cause the common cold. When you catch one, you typically become immune to it, but you can still catch one of the other 200+. Crazy!

Hope you feel well soon. We're all finally free of the crud here.