PDA

View Full Version : HA is a monster.

Lucyy
09-12-19, 22:32
It's been quite a few months since my last big HA flare up. This time, I'm convinced it's stage 4 and I'm doomed. Yet, I know I've felt like this before and everything ended up fine. This time feels so real, and certain. I've had a few months' worth of CBT and I don't feel like it's helped. I've (mostly) avoided Google which I know has helped but my 8 or so years of HA has unfortunately equipped me with lots of unhelpful symptom knowledge. I just don't know what else to do - I'm doing a masters which I'm currently ruining with my HA because it's at a point I'm not functioning. Why is it always stage 4 I doom myself with?
Every part of me wants to email my therapist in desperation to escape how I'm feeling hoping she'd have some magic potion. I'm not sure that's acceptable.
Please do let me know if there's anything you do to help when anxiety is at its worst (I'm a solid 9/10 anxiety level). I have a scan next Monday - I suppose we'll find out then.... the wait continues.

Unhappy, sad, desperate

Lucy

Lucyy
15-12-19, 18:04
I've got my scan at 9.40am tomorrow morning. I'm positively terrified. I bought St John's wort out of desperation. I keep thinking it's the last I'm doing things without a cancer diagnosis. Tomorrow and the future looks so dark. If you're religious, please pray for me... if you're not... please send good vibes my way. Thank you.