PDA

View Full Version : Who can I talk to?

Pen
28-09-07, 19:15
Hi

I have been suffering with all manner of perceived health problems for the last year or so, most of which were unfounded. I have got to the point where I feel that everyone is just tired of hearing about me going on (I'm tired of hearding me going on, lol).

I have just been to the doctors today to get some blood test results as I have been having some "womens problems" plus severe anxiety prior to my period. My hormone levels are fine, so no problems there but the test for "CANCER" came back on the high level of the normal range. The doc said I should have it tested again in 3 months and has referred me to a gynae consultant. I know any sound minded person may have thought it is in the normal range so no need to panic but I am panicing and to make matters worse as I have bored everyone half to death with my worries don't feel that I can burden anyone. Three months seems a very long time away to me. Sorry for going on but this is my worse nightmare

neptuno
28-09-07, 19:24
Hello Pen !
Your results were not ABnormal. If there was any urgency you would be in hospital now ! Your Doc has set up the right procedures to keep an eye on you and to ultimately relieve you of all this worry by seeing a consultant. You can feel reassured by this. If you're not sleeping because of the anxiety go back to your GP and talk it through fully - Doc will be only too pleased to be able to help you. so tell all !
be kind to yourself

Pen
28-09-07, 20:18
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is I feel that I have burdened the doc too much too so I really try not to go too often. This is very counter -productive as then I just worry for longer. My doc is ok but not as sympathetic or reassuring as I would like and I honestly imagine that he rolls his eyes when he sees my name on the list - here she goes again, when really I should probably think that i am just 5 minutes in his day and he is probably thinking what to have for tea!

xserenax
28-09-07, 21:38
i think the same when i go to the doctors... im there all the time and i feel as though i drive them crazy....BUT its their job and thats what we pay our taxs for a!! hahahaha. i do feel for you but the only way is up from here you will be fine without a doubt.
Serena x

Believe
29-09-07, 12:32
Hi Pen,

Hope that you are feeling some better by now. I too feel this way some days.I agree that if the doctors thought that this was serious they would have put you in the hospital. I know that 3 months seems long, but try not to think negative. It will be ok. I know lots of friends that this has happened with and they all turned out friend at the 3 months test.Sometimes I wonder if it's not the test its self.

Take Care
Believe:flowers:

northern_sky
29-09-07, 16:30
My doctor told me last week I was having a 'run of it' at the mo, of course I interpreted this as him shouting 'stay away' at me. :blush:

As for your tests as long as you do go back in 3 months you'll be fine. You're probably like me bewildered when anything comes back as 'normal.' :winks:

I moan about my health worries all the time at my Mam this makes me feel worse as she shouldn't have to listen to them all the time. :blush: But I have no one else to talk to. :meh:

Pen
18-10-07, 21:05
Well I've been to see the gynaecologist today and have got to have a scan on my ovaries and a camera and biopsy under general anaesthetic to check for anything else (eek!). Doc said that the top range of the normal cancer blood test was 30 and that my score was 30!! However she did say that as I already have endometriosis that the test figure cannot be relied on (and she looked convincing!!) I don't know if to feel relieved or petrified.

groovygranny
18-10-07, 23:59
Hello Pen,

I don't think any of us ladies would not feel just a little concerned if faced with similar.:huh:

But, I think you should try and feel relieved - because at least things are moving and under investigation. And most of it will be 'procedure' anyway, I'm sure.

Imagine how you would feel if the gynaecologist hadn't suggested you go for further investigations? You may be worried that things were being overlooked then!

We ladies are all behind you here, so keep this thread updated ok?

Big hugs for you:flowers:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: