PDA

View Full Version : Freaked out with Pneumonia

Modestaustin811
15-12-19, 02:57
Hey guys,

I'm a huge health anxiety worrier, have been for quite some time.

This time though, I actually have something wrong with me!

4 weeks ago today I came down with the flu, I was sick for a week and as I was starting to feel better, it turned into pneumonia a week later. Got on antibiotics, my fever came down considerably. But I still felt awful.

Through this I've been to the ER (A&E) 10 times. I've had countless tests. Seen many many doctors. They all keep telling me I'm on the mend, but 4 weeks out, I still feel awful. I'm so fatigued and weak that I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm still running low grade fevers (37.2 - 37.6 C) which is not normal for me. My heart races anytime I do anything. I have night sweats. I'm still coughing up phlegm.

I've had two courses of antibiotics. I've missed 4 ****ing weeks of work. Christmas is coming up. I'm a 29 year old male. How do I still feel this awful? Is this typical with pneumonia? What gives? Has anyone had pneumonia before and felt this bad for this long? I'm worried it might have gone into my heart and I have some kind of myocarditis. I had I've had many EKG's and blood tests and heart ultrasounds and the doctors can't find anything, but I still feel so so awful.

I'm at loss. I just need some reassurance that this is going to go away!