PDA

View Full Version : Woke Up So Sick!!

aanns_GAD
15-12-19, 18:40
Hey guys, I feel like I haven’t posted on here in forever!! I have been so good at keeping my anxiety under control and working through it and then bam. Today I woke up with the worst sore throat. Like a thousand knives had attacked it and so swollen feeling. Like I can’t swallow but can. You all know the feeling I’m sure!! My hubs has been sick and I thought I could avoid it with lots of hand washing and no sharing things and no kissing and wiping the house down but here I am sick anyways. It’s triggered my health anxiety pretty bad because he has to work 7 days this week and I’ll be by myself through the worst of it. I’m not good at taking care of myself or being alone when I’m sick. The past two times I’ve had a cold (November 2018 and March 2019) it’s turned into me needing steroids for breathing and I’m so freaked out because what if it happens this time too? I’m also freaked out because whenever I get a sore throat it triggers this HA in me because my best friend from hs had the big C and found out when her cold wouldn’t go away and her nodes wouldn’t go down and every freaking time I freak out and play the what if game. I guess I’m just here looking for some reassurance that I’m not alone and some tips to get better at taking care of myself. Maybe some kind words too. Gonna finally get out of bed and make some tea and a little bit to eat. Thank you guys!