PDA

View Full Version : Medication induced food allergy??

its1111
17-12-19, 11:58
A couple months ago I started taking a supplement and suddenly developed an allergy to a food I’ve eaten forever. Broke out in hives, etc. As soon as I stopped taking the supplement, the allergy went away and I could eat it again. Same thing happened yesterday— started a new, completely different supplement for something unrelated, and broke out in hives after eating bread I’ve eaten my whole life. I can only assume it was related to the new vitamin again?
I literally cannot find anything about this online. Nothing. Has anyone had this happen? I’m starting to worry it could be something worse.

MyNameIsTerry
17-12-19, 12:31
What is the supplement?

its1111
17-12-19, 13:41
It’s called inositol for pcos. But the other one that caused a food reaction was totally unrelated/ it was to help anxiety. Not sure why it would cause food allergies. When I stopped taking the other supplement, the food allergy went away.

Phoenixess
17-12-19, 17:49
It’s called inositol for pcos. But the other one that caused a food reaction was totally unrelated/ it was to help anxiety. Not sure why it would cause food allergies. When I stopped taking the other supplement, the food allergy went away.

Is it hormone based drug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntsyVee
17-12-19, 23:33
Medication and supplements can make you have allergic reactions, like photosensitivity