PDA

View Full Version : Seeing static when doing visual field test?

cookiedough
18-12-19, 12:15
I find with one eye covered when trying to focus on that bright background that eventually my vision goes really static and fuzzy to the point where I can’t see anything unless I keep blinking/moving my eyes. I get so anxious beforehand which probably doesn’t help.
I never get it with both eyes open unless I’m looking at a really bright background for example snow or a clear sky, which I have done for years.
I do suffer with anxiety and a lot of eye floaters but my vision is otherwise fine and I have no other symptoms.
Optician never finds anything wrong with my eyes but I feel like I’m cheating the visual field test by keep having to move my eyes? Does anyone else get this? It worries me

Outcast99
18-12-19, 22:46
I find with one eye covered when trying to focus on that bright background that eventually my vision goes really static and fuzzy to the point where I can’t see anything unless I keep blinking/moving my eyes. I get so anxious beforehand which probably doesn’t help.
I never get it with both eyes open unless I’m looking at a really bright background for example snow or a clear sky, which I have done for years.
I do suffer with anxiety and a lot of eye floaters but my vision is otherwise fine and I have no other symptoms.
Optician never finds anything wrong with my eyes but I feel like I’m cheating the visual field test by keep having to move my eyes? Does anyone else get this? It worries me

Have you heard of visual snow? I've had it for about 6 years now. Its considered rare, I remember it bugging me when I first noticed it but ever since, it hasn't really interfered with my life.

cookiedough
19-12-19, 08:07
Thanks for replying, I did wonder if it may be this but thought people got this 24/7?

WiredIncorrectly
19-12-19, 14:49
Eye floaters? If I look at a white background I will start to see floaters. The less I blink, the more I stare, the more I appear in my vision.