PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, physical illness or a bit of both?

Mrsmitchell1984
19-12-19, 06:44
Hi all,

I hope you are doing good and have a good day.

my question is how do you determine if a symptom is anxiety or physical illness.

for the past few days I have woken in the early hours feeling really hot and sick to my stomach. I don’t want to give too much information but what is coming out in the toilet looks pretty strange too. not liquid though.

could this be anxiety or a stomach type bug? I have had it about 6 weeks ago but it is back again. Don’t know how to deal with it.

best wishes,

sally

BlueIris
19-12-19, 06:56
When that sort of thing happens to me I generally assume it's anxiety, for what it's worth.

Mrsmitchell1984
19-12-19, 07:03
Do you get the same symptoms Blue? Feel like there is phlegm going from my throat all
the way down to my stomach. I want to throw it up but I can’t. Sorry about the TMI x

BlueIris
19-12-19, 07:08
I get it sometimes if I eat too late or the wrong stuff and then have a panic attack in the night, yes. Not as often as I used to, but it does happen.

Mrsmitchell1984
19-12-19, 07:11
Ok that’s reassuring - thanks Blue Iris xxxx

ankietyjoe
19-12-19, 08:16
It's often a good idea to just let your body do what it needs to do for a few days. If it hasn't cleared up in a week or so, maybe then make the observation that it might be a stomach bug, although the fact that it's recurring does also point towards anxiety.

If it's happening at night, it could also be GERD/reflux related as your posture is different when you're asleep.

Carnation
19-12-19, 09:44
I would say it was GERD /Acid Reflux and that stuff is called bile caused by a nervous stomach from worry and stress. Very common with people like us.
Some foods will trigger it too Mrs M. x

Mrsmitchell1984
19-12-19, 18:56
Thank you all- very good advice. It’s so helpful to try to separate ourselves from
anxiety and just let it get on with it- but if I don’t have anxiety/depression for a while- then I forget and have to remind myself and practice acceptance again! I think I must just have a really bad memory x