PDA

View Full Version : Cut finger - afraid of infection

HopeI'mWrong:P
19-12-19, 15:35
Today I cut my finger on a small nail on a table while out. I didn't have time to wash it straight away and had to wait until I was home about 20 minutes later.

It bled a bit and is still really stinging. I have washed it and put a plaster over it but I'm really worried that it will get infected from the germs on the nail or germs that got in before I washed and covered it.

Am I being ridiculous? I'll think I am but then websites dedicated to sepsis say you can get it from a minor cut. I'm also very afraid of flesh-eating bacteria which can also affect minor cuts. I don't know how to stop the worrying :'(

WiredIncorrectly
19-12-19, 15:40
You're overthinking it most definitely. You'll be fine.

Scass
19-12-19, 15:46
It’ll be fine.
I had an infected cut recently, I knew because it was hot and red. I went to urgent care & they cleaned it & gave me antibiotics.
My cut was deep and on my knee. It’s likely that you’ll be able to keep yours lovely and clean and it will heal quickly.

WiredIncorrectly
19-12-19, 17:26
It’ll be fine.
I had an infected cut recently, I knew because it was hot and red. I went to urgent care & they cleaned it & gave me antibiotics.
My cut was deep and on my knee. It’s likely that you’ll be able to keep yours lovely and clean and it will heal quickly.

I had an infected flea bite on my leg. It was swollen, red and infected and I kept picking it. Ended up turning into a 5p sized hole. Healed on its own with some regular cleaning with TPC and left a beautiful scar :roflmao:

Scass
19-12-19, 20:55
I had an infected flea bite on my leg. It was swollen, red and infected and I kept picking it. Ended up turning into a 5p sized hole. Healed on its own with some regular cleaning with TPC and left a beautiful scar :roflmao:

I clean mine with tcp every time I change the plaster. I love the smell!!

The reason I went to urgent care was because I had a fever too & couldn’t bend my knee. My partner would (and has) have done the same as you [emoji3]

ankietyjoe
19-12-19, 21:07
Thank goodness our bodies have an effective immune system to protect us from the thousands of cuts we get throughout our lifetime.

Also, stop reading websites about sepsis. That's the problem, not the tiny cut.