PDA

View Full Version : Arm aching - red marks? Blood clot?

Louna
22-12-19, 05:07
Hi everyone. Yesterday my arm was really aching. Not painful but just achy. It felt swollen but wasn’t visibly swollen. i took a painkiller which didn’t help the aching until a few hours had gone by.

I started to do some painting (just like arts and crafts) and when i was holding my paintbrush my palm started to feel a tingle, like pins and needles. So because i had felt that aching in the day, i decided to have a look at my arm. I saw all these bright red marks and thats when i started to panic.

i was told a while ago that red marks on the skin could be infection or blood clots, so combined with the aching i felt i really really got worked up about it

some things to note

- the red marks are completely flat
- my arms temperature is the same as everywhere else
- there is no tenderness when touching the red marks
- i have not been leaning on anything
- i am wearing a very loose cotton tshirt so i don’t think its an imprint from clothing

i’ve been freaking out for the past few hours.
i took a photo when i noticed them, and then one just now. I tried to take them in the same lighting and both showing my mole so that you can see where the marks are.

they do look lighter now but do you think these look serious?
Does it look like blood clot marks?

Careful1
23-12-19, 03:47
I do not know what those red marks are but they aren’t something that’s seen with blood clots.
They appear to be going away so try not to worry about them, sometimes weird marks and rashes show up on our bodies, doesn’t necessarily mean something sinister is going on.