PDA

View Full Version : Really scared I have colon cancer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hypo27
23-12-19, 23:19
I’ve been having issues for a few weeks now. I been having cramping lower abdominal pain like you get when you need to go to the bathroom and only go a little bit. And now I have this near constant pain and discomfort in my lower abdominal area. I’ve thought about going to the er but the most they will do is probably a ct scan which would only show if it was advanced... I had a colonoscopy around 5 years ago which they did remove a pre cancerous polyp so I’m definitely more at risk than usual but I read it usually takes around 10 years for a colon polyp to turn into cancer. You guys think this could be colon cancer?? I see the GI doc January 8th but god that’s so far away....

Hypo27
23-12-19, 23:21
I’ve also been dealing with alternating loose stools and constipation and my stools have been thin which I know are classic signs... I haven’t noticed any blood in my stools but I read you don’t always have blood in stool..

nomorepanic
23-12-19, 23:31
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Hypo27
23-12-19, 23:33
And now I won’t get any replies...

nomorepanic
23-12-19, 23:40
I think people have done more than a fair share of replying in the past Hypo. What is the update on all those illnesses?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 00:46
I think people have done more than a fair share of replying in the past Hypo. What is the update on all those illnesses?

What illnesses? This is legit a major concern colon cancer isn’t rare at all...

Fishmanpa
24-12-19, 01:04
What illnesses?

These? (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=620579) :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
24-12-19, 02:25
These? (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=620579) :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Do you think this sounds like colon cancer?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 02:31
Just don’t know why my threads always get moved out of the health anxiety forum. There’s plenty of people who are posting about symptoms and never get moved....

Hypo27
24-12-19, 02:33
Like I get the sensation to go to the bathroom and I do go but I feel like I still have to go which I read is a bad sign..

Hypo27
24-12-19, 03:06
Oh god this really is colon cancer :( it’s just so unfair.... I’m only 30 and have a family that needs me just isn’t fair...

Elen
24-12-19, 07:58
I suggest that you go back and read through your other threads where you were convinced that you had your other cancers and heart problems and look for the pattern.

And as Nic says it would be nice to find out what became of them.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 12:37
I suggest that you go back and read through your other threads where you were convinced that you had your other cancers and heart problems and look for the pattern.

And as Nic says it would be nice to find out what became of them.

Trust me I know what you are saying I’ve always thought of the worst when it came to my health but this really is different... I’m literally going to the bathroom like 5 to 6 times a day my stools are ribbon like I have the cramping I literally have every symptom of colon cancer :(

Hypo27
24-12-19, 13:05
I read on average it takes around 10 years for a colon polyp to turn into cancer. I had a colonoscopy done about five years ago and they removed already cancerous colon polyp so surely I didn’t have more colon polyps develop and already turn into cancer right? Is that possible?!?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 13:10
Please someone respond I’m in freak out mode big time!!!!

Scass
24-12-19, 13:16
Hi,

So firstly stop and think. You’ve had numerous suspected illnesses before and each one felt as serious as this one at the time.

Your symptoms are classic ibs. Which is often caused, and definitely not helped by anxiety. If you can start to calm yourself down you’ll probably feel lots better in a few days.

And no, I don’t think it’s Colón cancer. But I’m also not a doctor, so you’ll just have to find a way to cope until you see yours in a couple of weeks.

BlueIris
24-12-19, 13:21
Nothing anybody can say will help, though. If you don't have colon cancer (which you don't) then your anxiety is the issue, and in the vanishingly unlikely event you do have something wrong, then I don't believe any of the regulars here are colorectal surgeons.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 13:28
Hi,

So firstly stop and think. You’ve had numerous suspected illnesses before and each one felt as serious as this one at the time.

Your symptoms are classic ibs. Which is often caused, and definitely not helped by anxiety. If you can start to calm yourself down you’ll probably feel lots better in a few days.

And no, I don’t think it’s Colón cancer. But I’m also not a doctor, so you’ll just have to find a way to cope until you see yours in a couple of weeks.

Yes I had numerous illnesses I thought I had but I don’t think any of them were legit and possible as this.... The way this came out of nowhere a week or so ago is really frightening. My symptoms don’t sound like colon cancer?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 13:31
I also had a CT scan with contrast almost 2 months ago but I wasn’t having this lower abdominal cramping then so idk if it would of picked it up then or not.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 13:38
Would it be a waste to go to the er and have another ct scan??

Hypo27
24-12-19, 14:10
With this lower back pain I’m having too makes This even more worrisome...

Hypo27
24-12-19, 14:35
Idk what to do I’m so scared....

Hypo27
24-12-19, 14:58
IBS wouldn’t cause cramping all day like this would it?

Elen
24-12-19, 15:12
It is "different". "really serious" and "can't be anything other than the cancer de jour" every time.

Serious question. Have you ever done anything to tackle your anxiety and seriously flawed thinking patterns?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 16:34
It is "different". "really serious" and "can't be anything other than the cancer de jour" every time.

Serious question. Have you ever done anything to tackle your anxiety and seriously flawed thinking patterns?

There’s nothing flawed about this. This really is a legit concern can’t be ibs because it doesn’t cause continuous symptoms it’s more of a off and on disorder vs what I have going on which progressive pain and cramping likely caused by colon cancer....

Elen
24-12-19, 16:39
Serious question. Have you ever done anything to tackle your anxiety?
have you?

BlueIris
24-12-19, 16:39
Why is this time different to every other?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 17:03
Why is this time different to every other?

Because I actually am at risk because of the pre cancerous colon polyps and colon cancer is becoming more common in young adults... All the other cancer fears were pretty rare for my age and everything and literally have the classic signs... Plud there is literally nothing else that would cause Thr stomach cramps, frequent bowel movements, thin ribbon long stools, and back pain...

Hypo27
24-12-19, 17:06
have you?

I use to go to therapy twice a month but honestly helped only a little. This time is the real deal this could really be what o fear it is....

Elen
24-12-19, 17:32
I use to go to therapy twice a month but honestly helped only a little. This time is the real deal this could really be what o fear it is....

This statement is clasical catastophic thinking.

Seriously you need to deal with your negative mind set.

And please do not come back with more "symptoms" or this time it is different.

Have you any idea how many people posting here say exactly the same thing, and they are all proven wrong.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 18:10
[QUOTE=Elen;1915758]This statement is clasical catastophic thinking.

Seriously you need to deal with your negative mind set.

And please do not come back with more "symptoms" or this time it is different.

Have you any idea how many people posting here say exactly the same thing, and they are all proven wrong.[/I can’t find one story on this form with anyone symptoms similar to mine....

BlueIris
24-12-19, 18:37
How do you think random internet strangers can help you, though?

Hypo27
24-12-19, 18:38
How do you think random internet strangers can help you, though?

Maybe someone has been through something similar and could help reassure me?

BlueIris
24-12-19, 18:54
You're never going to find somebody with an experience identical to yours - life doesn't work like that.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 19:07
You're never going to find somebody with an experience identical to yours - life doesn't work like that.

That’s why I said something similar. What if someone here has had colon cancer and could say they dealt with the same issues or someone with something else.

BlueIris
24-12-19, 19:14
I give up. I think you may be beyond help, just not in the way you think you are.

pulisa
24-12-19, 19:26
And now I won’t get any replies...

And why are replies so important to you if you definitely have colon cancer?

StephA
24-12-19, 21:38
Because I actually am at risk because of the pre cancerous colon polyps and colon cancer is becoming more common in young adults... All the other cancer fears were pretty rare for my age and everything and literally have the classic signs... Plud there is literally nothing else that would cause Thr stomach cramps, frequent bowel movements, thin ribbon long stools, and back pain...
Wow! Are you a trained medical professional since you seem to “know” there is literally nothing else that would cause your symptoms? Also did the doc that did your first colonoscopy tell you to come back in 3-5 years for another scope? If they thought you were at a high risk for colon cancer they would’ve told you to get continuous scopes every 3-5 years! So if they didn’t tell you this then they aren’t concerned. If you’re so sure you have colon cancer then schedule an appointment with your GI doc and go from there because nobody here is medically qualified to diagnose you. It’s obvious the replies haven’t reassured you either. Even if someone here did had colon cancer, I highly doubt they’re going to say yes I had those exact same symptoms when I was diagnosed! There are many bowel issues that aren’t cancer. Anxiety wreaks havoc on the digestive system too. GI doc is the best person to give you an accurate diagnosis though.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 22:07
Wow! Are you a trained medical professional since you seem to “know” there is literally nothing else that would cause your symptoms? Also did the doc that did your first colonoscopy tell you to come back in 3-5 years for another scope? If they thought you were at a high risk for colon cancer they would’ve told you to get continuous scopes every 3-5 years! So if they didn’t tell you this then they aren’t concerned. If you’re so sure you have colon cancer then schedule an appointment with your GI doc and go from there because nobody here is medically qualified to diagnose you. It’s obvious the replies haven’t reassured you either. Even if someone here did had colon cancer, I highly doubt they’re going to say yes I had those exact same symptoms when I was diagnosed! There are many bowel issues that aren’t cancer. Anxiety wreaks havoc on the digestive system too. GI doc is the best person to give you an accurate diagnosis though.
Yes the gi doctor said I would need another follow up colonoscopy in 5 years which would of been this year. He said the polyp had the potential of Turning into cancer down the road. Surely a a polyp didn’t develop since then and then turn into cancer already?

AntsyVee
24-12-19, 22:08
B, go spend some time with your family. It's the holidays. Go play with your little girl.

Hypo27
24-12-19, 22:51
B, go spend some time with your family. It's the holidays. Go play with your little girl.

It’s just so hard to think about anything else knowing I really might have colon cancer it’s devastating..

Hypo27
25-12-19, 01:14
Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy holidays..

StephA
25-12-19, 01:58
Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy holidays..
Merry Christmas Hypo! Try to hang in there. Just talk to the GI and schedule the follow up colonoscopy. It’s going to be okay! You are right that it takes colon cancer a long time to develop, Plus, they removed the polyp on the first one. Please put this worry aside and enjoy your Christmas and New Years with your family. They need to enjoy you as much as you need to enjoy them, and have fun! (((((HUGS)))))

Hypo27
25-12-19, 14:18
Merry Christmas Hypo! Try to hang in there. Just talk to the GI and schedule the follow up colonoscopy. It’s going to be okay! You are right that it takes colon cancer a long time to develop, Plus, they removed the polyp on the first one. Please put this worry aside and enjoy your Christmas and New Years with your family. They need to enjoy you as much as you need to enjoy them, and have fun! (((((HUGS)))))

Really wish their was another explanation to these symptoms but their just isn’t.... I’m still getting the cramping like I need to go I think the term is Tenesmus which is classic for colon cancer. My lower back is aching and I’m hurting like deep inside my anus sorry for the TMI but if I had a tumor in my colon wouldn’t it cause all this?

Hypo27
25-12-19, 14:27
I’m done my best to make
sure my little girls have had a good Christmas and I think they have so far. Wish I could say my Christmas was good it doesn’t even feel like the holidays for me unfortunately... It’s most likely stage 3 or 4 with these symptoms. They say by the time you notice symptoms it’s quite advanced. Just don’t know why this is happening to me I’m only 30 how unlucky do you have to be to get colon cancer at 30 :(

Hypo27
25-12-19, 15:04
Thank you to everyone that’s talked to me and gave me advice over the years I greatly appreciate it. This is one of those times when you just know deep down that something is wrong and my gut is screaming colon cancer. I just wanna scream! :(

AntsyVee
25-12-19, 17:20
That's what you said about ALS, too. When you knew you were dying from that. Your track record as your own doctor sucks.

Hypo27
25-12-19, 17:31
That's what you said about ALS, too. When you knew you were dying from that. Your track record as your own doctor sucks.

Trust me I know what your saying vee I do but this really is a legit concern. ALS is really rare colon cancer isn’t it’s the second leading cause of death :( and it’s becoming more common in young adults...

Hypo27
25-12-19, 18:25
The statistics on colon cancer says about 95,520 will be diagnosed with colon cancer in the United States. 11 percent of those cases will be people under the age of 50. So that’s around 10,507 people. Then it says around 72 percent of that 10,507 are people in there 40s. So that 7,565 people, so that leaves around 3200 people that will be diagnosed under the age of 40. But their are probably a lot more than 95,520 in the United States that actually have the disease.. So the figures could be much higher. Statistically it would be kinda rare for me to have it then wouldn’t it?

Fishmanpa
25-12-19, 19:06
The statistics on colon cancer says about 95,520 will be diagnosed with colon cancer in the United States. 11 percent of those cases will be people under the age of 50. So that’s around 10,507 people. Then it says around 72 percent of that 10,507 are people in there 40s. So that 7,565 people, so that leaves around 3200 people that will be diagnosed under the age of 40. But their are probably a lot more than 95,520 in the United States that actually have the disease.. So the figures could be much higher. Statistically it would be kinda rare for me to have it then wouldn’t it?

Add to that the number of deadly illnesses you've been through, survived and recovered from and what is the answer to your question?

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
25-12-19, 19:15
Add to that the number of deadly illnesses you've been through, survived and recovered from and what is the answer to your question?

Positive thoughts

Trust me I get what your saying I do, but when you consider what else it may be there aren’t many other causes. Ulcerative colitis and chrons disease cause similar symptoms but you almost always have blood in poo with those. Not a stomach virus because it’s been over a week since this started. Doesn’t really leave much else..

Hypo27
25-12-19, 19:24
Are their other things it could be?

Fishmanpa
25-12-19, 19:29
Trust me I get what your saying I do

Then what is the answer to my question? No "what ifs" or "yeah buts" :lac:

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
25-12-19, 19:41
Then what is the answer to my question? No "what ifs" or "yeah buts" :lac:

Positive thoughts

Those illnesses I was worried I had would of been rare. Colon cancer isn’t that rare I mean what else could it be then? I see what your saying that I’ve been wrong before about all those Illnesses but am I now? These symptoms are actually getting worse is what scares me.

Fishmanpa
25-12-19, 19:57
Sorry to hear that B :weep: Hopefully, you'll recover from this as well. Good luck too you! :)

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
25-12-19, 20:02
Sorry to hear that B :weep: Hopefully, you'll recover from this as well. Good luck too you! :)

Positive thoughts

In your opinion do you think it’s colon cancer?

AntsyVee
25-12-19, 20:31
No, I don't. I think you have GERD and digestive issues due to your anxiety (which you already know you have). I think if you treat your anxiety, your GERD and stomach issues will improve.

I think you are wasting valuable time of your life sitting around worrying that you're dying. We're all dying, just a little bit each day. Time to live and make the most of what we have left.

L'chaim.

Hypo27
25-12-19, 22:00
Just got done eating Christmas dinner at family’s house and soon as I got done my stomach started cramping again and I barely passed any stools and it kinda has a red/orange tint oh god this really is cancer :(

StephA
26-12-19, 00:23
See your GI doc and get the follow up colonoscopy. We can all tell you we don’t think it’s cancer, which we don’t, BUT we are not qualified to diagnose. Only way to give you the reassurance and peace of mind which you are seeking here is to get the colonoscopy! Then you’ll know and it’ll be done with. I know you’re just wanting reassurance but really there is no way to convince you without actually having the scope. Your doc wanted you to get one anyway so DO IT!

Hypo27
26-12-19, 01:06
See your GI doc and get the follow up colonoscopy. We can all tell you we don’t think it’s cancer, which we don’t, BUT we are not qualified to diagnose. Only way to give you the reassurance and peace of mind which you are seeking here is to get the colonoscopy! Then you’ll know and it’ll be done with. I know you’re just wanting reassurance but really there is no way to convince you without actually having the scope. Your doc wanted you to get one anyway so DO IT!

Its just so scary because I don’t think there’s anything else that can cause all this! I’m even hurting deep in my anis like maybe in my colon? God I’m terrified!

Hypo27
26-12-19, 01:29
I’m so sorry for posting here so much just trying to vent and get some support.... I probably will be better off posting on a colon cancer forum thank you all so much for your help....

StephA
26-12-19, 01:36
Its just so scary because I don’t think there’s anything else that can cause all this! I’m even hurting deep in my anis like maybe in my colon? God I’m terrified!
First of all you’ve got to calm down! Take some deep breaths! I know it’s easier said than done but all this anxiety isn’t helping your situation at all! Even if it were to be cancer worrying will not make it go away or help you. Many things can cause cramping in the gut and pain in the anus, including IBS, constipation, etc. Again reassurance seeking will only get you so far. If I was THIS worried over this I’d call the GI doc first thing tomorrow morning and schedule an appointment. You’re torturing yourself whether you see it or not! I do wish you the best but for all of us (but more importantly yourself), get a colonoscopy since your doc told you too anyway! The sooner the better so you don’t have to worry about this anymore! I do hope you calm down and come to your senses and do what you know you need to do. Get it done ASAP! Thoughts and prayers for you hun.

StephA
26-12-19, 01:46
I’m so sorry for posting here so much just trying to vent and get some support.... I probably will be better off posting on a colon cancer forum thank you all so much for your help....
Do NOT post on a colon cancer forum because you have not been diagnosed with cancer! You posting on one of those would be a bit of an insult to those actually battling cancer! Trust me! Read my other post and see your GI doc! You cannot self diagnose because you are not qualified! A simple cold yes! But cancer no!

AntsyVee
26-12-19, 07:01
Yes, B. I think you've been kicked off enough cancer forums and ALS forums in the past to know that it's not appropriate. At least, I know you hope it's not appropriate.

Hypo27
26-12-19, 13:40
Well everything is getting worse fast It took me forever to fall asleep because of the pain and pressure in my lower back, groin, and rectal area. I 100 percent know without a doubt this is colon cancer. I’m fixing to have to go to the er this is really bad :( It’s definitely either stage 3 or 4 so I think a ct scan would show something at this point.....

pulisa
26-12-19, 14:00
I thought you were going yesterday? Why the delay?

Hypo27
26-12-19, 14:05
I thought you were going yesterday? Why the delay?

I wanted to spend Christmas with my family and I hoped it would just get better but it hasn’t....

pulisa
26-12-19, 14:13
oh well...Better go now then....

Hypo27
26-12-19, 14:14
I also just read that colon cancer will not show up on standard ct scan unless it’s stage 4. They have a study called barium enema that would show something but cat scan more than likely won’t...

BlueIris
26-12-19, 14:16
Well, you're definitely already stage 4 so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Hypo27
26-12-19, 14:16
I’ll have to be admitted to get anything figured out just hope I get admitted :(

Hypo27
26-12-19, 14:36
I definitely have a blockage of some kind because I can barely
pass gas like it barely seeps out sorry for the tmi..

pulisa
26-12-19, 17:50
We believe you so why are you posting on here? Take action.

Hypo27
26-12-19, 18:13
We believe you so why are you posting on here? Take action.

So you believe It is colon cancer?

BlueIris
26-12-19, 18:22
Because you're so convinced, yes.

Hypo27
26-12-19, 18:43
And it’s more than likely so advanced.......

StephA
26-12-19, 19:38
And it’s more than likely so advanced.......
Oh C’mon man!! What does your wife think about all this?! Or do you even tell her any of this stuff you’re telling us? I don’t mean to sound mean but if I were your wife I’d throw your butt in the car and drag you to the dang doctor myself so you would stop all this nonsense! You don’t even consider any of the rational responses you receive here! You skip over them and come come back with I know it’s cancer and it’s advanced then you ask again if we think it’s cancer or something else! You have it in your mind you have to go to the ER to try to get answers, which most likely you will not find what you’re looking for, because they don’t just don’t do colonoscopies in the ER! And I don’t wanna hear but it’s stage 4 so a CT scan would show it! If you’re so convinced then why won’t you go to the ER to prove that you’re right? Sorry but I just don’t get it dude.

Hypo27
26-12-19, 23:09
I’m at the hospital now waiting to be called back. I’m so terrified the pain has just got worse my groin, and lower back are aching so bad... So scared for them to say they see a mass in the ct scan or see that’s it’s spread somewhere :(...

Hypo27
26-12-19, 23:30
I was looking through my history with the gastro practice I’ve went to since I had my colonoscopy done in 2014. It said the colon polyp was a benign neoplasm of the sigmoid colon. But I remember talking to the gastro doc after the fact and he said it could of turned into cancer down the line. How could it be listed as a benign polyp when the doctor told me it was precancerous?

Hypo27
26-12-19, 23:34
Could it of come back and turned into cancer in 5 years? I’ve read stories about them not removing all
of the polyp so I wonder if that’s what happened..

Hypo27
26-12-19, 23:42
I was looking through my history with the gastro practice I’ve went to since I had my colonoscopy done in 2014. It said the colon polyp was a benign neoplasm of the sigmoid colon. But I remember talking to the gastro doc after the fact and he said it could of turned into cancer down the line. How could it be listed as a benign polyp when the doctor told me it was precancerous?

Nevermind I just read neoplasm means cancerous so I guess it is possible it came back...

AntsyVee
27-12-19, 00:45
Do you also know what "benign" means?

Hypo27
27-12-19, 01:07
Do you also know what "benign" means?

Yes but how could it be benign if the doctor said it could of turned to cancer down the line?

AntsyVee
27-12-19, 01:12
because it doesn't always turn into cancer...just in some cases. You know B, there's no use talking to you when you're in your Chicken Little Mode...where you think the sky is falling and you're dying. Why even go to the doc? You won't listen to him/her anyway.

Hypo27
27-12-19, 01:30
because it doesn't always turn into cancer...just in some cases. You know B, there's no use talking to you when you're in your Chicken Little Mode...where you think the sky is falling and you're dying. Why even go to the doc? You won't listen to him/her anyway.

I’m definitely gonna believe what they say I just wanna know what’s wrong with me.

AntsyVee
27-12-19, 02:51
Okay, I'm gonna hold you to that. You better tell us the whole story. This bull$hit has gone on too long, B.

BlueIris
27-12-19, 05:22
What's wrong with you is that your anxiety has driven you straight-up raving mad.

AntsyVee
27-12-19, 06:07
Yeah, I’m waiting for an update.

StephA
27-12-19, 19:39
Same here AntsyVee!
So what was the diagnosis at the hospital yesterday Hypo?

nomorepanic
27-12-19, 20:14
Trust me I get what your saying I do, but when you consider what else it may be there aren’t many other causes. Ulcerative colitis and chrons disease cause similar symptoms but you almost always have blood in poo with those. Not a stomach virus because it’s been over a week since this started. Doesn’t really leave much else..

Well this is completely rubbish for starters. I can't believe this thread is still going on and on.

AntsyVee
28-12-19, 00:59
Yup. Sad. This guy is someone's dad.

Hypo27
29-12-19, 15:07
The cat scan was normal and my blood work was pretty normal although my potassium was on the low side. My blood counts hemocrit and hemoglobin we’re elevated but that’s probably due to my testosterone injections. The er doctor did say the tumor would have to be at least 2cm to show on cat scan.... He said to follow up with my GI doctor which I see on January 6th. God still hope it’s not cancer I feel so tired and weak today...

Hypo27
29-12-19, 15:08
My stools are still loose to which I know is a bad sign they’ve been loose for weeks now...

nomorepanic
29-12-19, 15:09
So once again you got the all clear and won't believe it. :lac:

Hypo27
29-12-19, 15:47

I do believe that it’s not advanced only test to rule out colon cancer is a colonoscopy.

StephA
29-12-19, 15:50
Exactly. This is why going in for unnecessary medical tests/scans for reassurance never works!

StephA
29-12-19, 15:54
I do believe that it’s not advanced only test to rule out colon cancer is a colonoscopy.
Right, and you knew the ER wouldn’t do a colonoscopy. It was suggested on here that you go to the GI doc who would’ve done the follow up colonoscopy which you were supposed to get, but you chose to go to the ER instead, hoping to get reassurance which you did not! Just doesn’t make any sense.

Carys
29-12-19, 17:24
Oh , still here on the same Carousel I see Hypo.......

BlueIris
29-12-19, 17:33
It's his comfort zone, I guess, and he's sticking there.

pulisa
29-12-19, 20:01
The cat scan was normal and my blood work was pretty normal although my potassium was on the low side. My blood counts hemocrit and hemoglobin we’re elevated but that’s probably due to my testosterone injections. The er doctor did say the tumor would have to be at least 2cm to show on cat scan.... He said to follow up with my GI doctor which I see on January 6th. God still hope it’s not cancer I feel so tired and weak today...

Well you can work on the tumour being less than 2cm at this stage/low potassium being a definite indicator for some terminal affliction/ elevated haemoglobin angle which I'm sure you will research to find a satisfactory grisly disease so you've got plenty of ammunition there to continue your quest for a diagnosis

Hypo27
29-12-19, 20:44
Well you can work on the tumour being less than 2cm at this stage/low potassium being a definite indicator for some terminal affliction/ elevated haemoglobin angle which I'm sure you will research to find a satisfactory grisly disease so you've got plenty of ammunition there to continue your quest for a diagnosis

So the low potassium and high hemoglobin are signs that it is cancer?

pulisa
29-12-19, 20:51
I'm sure you will find a way to link them both to cancer or something equally sinister. Or maybe you will move onto a fresh set of symptoms in a few weeks time and try to develop that?

Or maybe you will accept and admit that you were wrong to think that you have colon cancer? Without moving on to a different diagnosis for teh same symptoms.

Hypo27
30-12-19, 14:59
I'm sure you will find a way to link them both to cancer or something equally sinister. Or maybe you will move onto a fresh set of symptoms in a few weeks time and try to develop that?

Or maybe you will accept and admit that you were wrong to think that you have colon cancer? Without moving on to a different diagnosis for teh same symptoms.

How would I be wrong to think it could be colon cancer? Who wouldn’t think it would be a possibility with the change in bowel habits, lower abdominal cramping, lower back pain, and pelvic pain? Just wish that maybe it could be something else..

BlueIris
30-12-19, 15:03
How would I be wrong to think it could be colon cancer? Who wouldn’t think it would be a possibility with the change in bowel habits, lower abdominal cramping, lower back pain, and pelvic pain? Just wish that maybe it could be something else..

Pretty much anybody without health anxiety. Don't make the rest of the world complicit in your neurosis.

Hypo27
30-12-19, 20:15
Pretty much anybody without health anxiety. Don't make the rest of the world complicit in your neurosis.

It doesn’t take much common sense to know there aren’t many other causes. I go from having a flat stool to it being really loose. I can tell there a blockage that’s why my stools are coming out flat.

nomorepanic
30-12-19, 20:39
Umm IBS!!!!!

BlueIris
30-12-19, 20:47
It doesn’t take much common sense to know there aren’t many other causes. I go from having a flat stool to it being really loose. I can tell there a blockage that’s why my stools are coming out flat.

Please don't imply I'm stupid, Hypo? You have no idea about the lives of others on here (because you don't have the courtesy to engage with them).

Hypo27
30-12-19, 20:51
Please don't imply I'm stupid, Hypo? You have no idea about the lives of others on here (because you don't have the courtesy to engage with them).

I wasn’t implying you were stupid Sorry if it seemed that way... As flat as my stools are at least half my colon is probably narrowed. My stool was around 1 inch wide by like maybe an 1/8 inch thick which is really thin.

BlueIris
30-12-19, 20:55
Thin stools as an indicator of colon cancer were disproven an age ago. There are any number of other factors at play.

AntsyVee
30-12-19, 21:14
The doc has previously diagnosed him with GERD and gall bladder issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all anxiety causing the stomach issues. If you're anxiety can give you GERD, it can upset your stomach.

Hypo27
30-12-19, 21:19
Thin stools as an indicator of colon cancer were disproven an age ago. There are any number of other factors at play.

What other factors could be at play?

AntsyVee
30-12-19, 21:20
ANXIETY

BlueIris
30-12-19, 21:47

Ask your doctor and then believe them. Sorry, but I'm not going to dive down the rabbit hole for you when you clearly live there already.

Stop going round in circles, accept that your thinking is faulty and start working on it.

Capercrohnj
30-12-19, 23:19
I've had a bowel obstruction before. The symptoms are nothing like you described at all. Not even close.

Fishmanpa
30-12-19, 23:24
Just based on your history here and elsewhere, I really believe that you believe you have cancer. That being the case, its time for a treatment plan..... Let us know what CCC you'll be going to and what the oncology team says.

Positive thoughts

NoraB
31-12-19, 07:28

IBS, Hypo.

I've read through this thread and I agree that you are ill but not in the way you think. Health anxiety is a *******. I know because I spent three years battling it and in those years I had every cancer under the sun, including bowel. I had all your symptoms, but no cancer. Keep this up and you will have a nervous breakdown. (speaking from experience)

Folk on here are getting frustrated with you but I do understand how frustrating it is to have someone repeatedly not listen to reason because I've been at both ends of this where my husband was convinced he was dying (he too had a breakdown) but it was only when I experienced it for myself that I understood that this is one hell of a crazy ride that's very difficult to get off, once on, so you have my empathy..

But...

You MUST get some help for the health anxiety because it will take you down and it's not just you who will suffer. This affects your family too.

Anxiety affects the digestive system. You're in fight or flight mode all the time and the natural thing for the body in stress mode is to get rid of urine and poo - which is why your poo is loose. I was waking up at 4.30 with the shits, then I alternated with that and constipation. My poor insides were in such a mess because of my imagination! I had flattened stools prior to my colonoscopy - which was absolutely clear. Now, I have some pelvic crap going on and while I am waiting for my tests, won't lie - anxiety is ramped - the flat stools are back. This time, I know why and I'm anxious but not climbing aboard the crazy train. I remind myself of how utterly convinced I was that I was dying and how my body responded to these irrational thoughts because that's what it's designed to do to keep me safe, it's just that my body doesn't know the difference between what's real and what's imagined..

The most common cause of flat stools is IBS.

Work on reducing your anxiety. Try CBT. It worked for me. Be mindful that your body will respond to your thoughts and that goes BOTH ways!

Eat well, drink lots of water and you will see a marked improvement.

All the best

Carys
31-12-19, 12:04
The most common cause of flat stools is IBS.

Indeed it is. Infact a family member of mine, who was convinced they had bowel cancer and had thin flat stools last year, was diagnosed with IBS.

Hypo27
31-12-19, 15:21
Thanks for the replies I hope y’all are right.. Another big reason I worry it could be CC I’s because my iron levels are always low couldn’t they be caused by bleeding from the colon that you can’t see to the naked eye?

BlueIris
31-12-19, 15:33
You're asking a bunch of people whose shared characteristic is their anxiety, not their indepth colorectal knowledge. Ask a doctor.

pulisa
31-12-19, 21:03

You said here that your hematocrit and haemoglobin levels were elevated though???

Hypo27
31-12-19, 21:42
You said here that your hematocrit and haemoglobin levels were elevated though???

They were elevated it’s my iron that is low.

nomorepanic
31-12-19, 21:45
Why aren't you on supplements then?

Fishmanpa
31-12-19, 23:02
Have you contacted a CCC and arranged for a consultation?

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
31-12-19, 23:42

Positive thoughts

That wouldn’t make sense to do that I haven’t been officially diagnosed yet.

nomorepanic
31-12-19, 23:46
But you keep telling us it is definitely cancer this time :unsure:

Fishmanpa
31-12-19, 23:51
That wouldn’t make sense to do that I haven’t been officially diagnosed yet.

But you're sure right? What else could it be? You've tirelessly tried to convince us of this illness as well as many others over the years. I mean look... it's your nickle (actually thousands and thousands of dollars) but you're sure. That much is clear. No sense in continuing the thread. Might as well bite the green bullet and find out once and for all (at least until the next fear).

Find a CCC (https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer)near you, call and explain your situation. Have all your medical records transferred to them and get a truly professional evaluation of your case. When I was diagnosed, I went to Johns Hopkins (which is on that list). They saved my life!

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
06-01-20, 14:30
But you're sure right? What else could it be? You've tirelessly tried to convince us of this illness as well as many others over the years. I mean look... it's your nickle (actually thousands and thousands of dollars) but you're sure. That much is clear. No sense in continuing the thread. Might as well bite the green bullet and find out once and for all (at least until the next fear).

Find a CCC (https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer)near you, call and explain your situation. Have all your medical records transferred to them and get a truly professional evaluation of your case. When I was diagnosed, I went to Johns Hopkins (which is on that list). They saved my life!

Positive thoughts

Even you think it’s cancer... I still have the lower back pain and weird feeling in my rectum area god I really hope it’s not cancer :(

Carys
06-01-20, 14:46
Even you think it’s cancer...

Are you having a laugh Hypo, or can you really not see the point FM was making ?

So, have you contacted a cancer centre yet ???

StephA
06-01-20, 14:48
Isn’t your appointment today? See what they say and go from there.

Hypo27
06-01-20, 18:00
Isn’t your appointment today? See what they say and go from there.

I just got a call about the reminder of my appointment today and they tell me bring 200 dollars for the copay which theu have failed to tell me until now.... So I had to reschedule it I don’t have 200 dollars now I don’t
know what to do.

Hypo27
06-01-20, 18:03
It’s rescheduled for the 30th and I can’t even see my primary doctor until February 6th.. I’m in so much pain this lower back pain is serious. Should I go to the er? Maybe they could scan my lower back?

nomorepanic
06-01-20, 18:20
You are spending/wasting money for nothing to be honest.

Should you go to ER? No. Will you go anyway YES?

StephA
06-01-20, 18:47
You are spending/wasting money for nothing to be honest.

Should you go to ER? No. Will you go anyway YES?

Agree! You don’t have $200.00 but you want to go to the ER again?

Scass
06-01-20, 19:09
How serious is the pain? Can you walk, sleep, sit? Have you been able to bend to brush your teeth? Can you wash yourself?
Are you taking painkillers?

Hypo27
06-01-20, 19:21
How serious is the pain? Can you walk, sleep, sit? Have you been able to bend to brush your teeth? Can you wash yourself?
Are you taking painkillers?

I’d rate the pain at 7 out 10 that comes and goes. Yes I can do all of those things it’s just really uncomfortable.. And no not on ang painkillers besides ibuprofen.

Fishmanpa
07-01-20, 00:57
I’d rate the pain at 7 out 10 that comes and goes. Yes I can do all of those things it’s just really uncomfortable.. And no not on ang painkillers besides ibuprofen.

I've had 10 out of 10 pain and literally, they have to practically knock you out and you still feel it! 7 out of 10 pain is the kind of pain that has you nearly writing!

Have you contacted a CCC yet?

Positive thoughts

Carys
07-01-20, 07:38
I’d rate the pain at 7 out 10 that comes and goes.

Pain thresholds are subjective, everyone falls in a different place and has different levels that they are not able to cope with. Those with severe HA have very low pain thresholds I should imagine, and your 7 could be my 2!

I think you and Darkside and Helenhoo should be put on a thread together to be honest, the three of you, and just 'talk' at each other continually - then you could all ignore each others advice indefinitely.

Pkstracy
08-01-20, 03:32
I get lower back pain like that have had it for three years know what it is caused by, bad posture and not enough exercise, I bet if you did DDP Yoga it would lessen the pain or make it totally go away, I could barely stand or walk without it hurting to where I was doubled over, I started doing DDP Yoga and don't have back pain anymore and can stand for a long time as well as walk, If I slack off the workouts I start to hurt again. how is your bed mattress? That can cause a lot of back issues especially if it's not a well made firm to semi firm mattress and over five years old, not sure of your age or weight but if you don't have core strength you'll have back issues as well, stop googling and try those suggestions I gave you.

fizzymoon86
12-01-20, 12:16
I’m just checking in after wasting a fair bit of time reading through this thread.

I was just wondering - how is the oesophageal cancer going? You absolutely for sure had that didn’t you? And there was definitely no way it could have been anything else because all the signs pointed to cancer?

You really are a medical marvel - you have survived so many life threatening diseases. Congratulations.

Hypo27
13-01-20, 18:15
I’m just checking in after wasting a fair bit of time reading through this thread.

I was just wondering - how is the oesophageal cancer going? You absolutely for sure had that didn’t you? And there was definitely no way it could have been anything else because all the signs pointed to cancer?

You really are a medical marvel - you have survived so many life threatening diseases. Congratulations.

I do think the esophagus stuff I had going on was esophagitis and GERD plus driven by anxiety. This is definitely different the low back pain and pressure in my bum is there all the time. I’m completely distraught by these symptoms. Really wish I could see my doctor sooner..

Hypo27
13-01-20, 18:37
And now I’m dealing with severe fatigue despite getting plenty of rest...

nomorepanic
13-01-20, 18:43
Join the club - you should try living with the "real" illnesses I have to live with every day.

Carys
13-01-20, 18:45
And now I’m dealing with severe fatigue despite getting plenty of rest...

And ?

Kind of you to pop on and update us on YOU, interested in hearing about any of us and our problems ?

Hypo27
13-01-20, 18:51
And ?

Could be from the CC..

Carys
13-01-20, 18:53
My 'and' meant 'SO WHAT' ?

I'm sure you'll pop along to A and E within the next week or so, again.

BlueIris
13-01-20, 18:55
As always, zero empathy for anybody else, Hypo.

Hypo27
13-01-20, 18:59
And ?

Kind of you to pop on and update us on YOU, interested in hearing about any of us and our problems ?

Sure if you wanna discuss your issues with me I’ll gladly respond as much as you’ve responded to me.

Carys
13-01-20, 18:59
Quite, Blue.

The day you log on here and tell us you are sorting yourself out or following a molecule of advice, or show a slight weeny inkling that you have HA and aren't ill.....then I'll be interested.

Sure if you wanna discuss your issues with me I’ll gladly respond as much as you’ve responded to me.

No thanks, I'm doing good. I was referring to all the other suffering people on all these daily threads.

Hypo27
13-01-20, 19:00
I do hope you all are doing well.

Pkstracy
13-01-20, 19:03
Have you looked at IBS symptoms, everything you have mentioned that you are having sounds like classic IBS, if you are that concerned go to the doctor tell him or her what you are having and have them test for IBS.

pulisa
13-01-20, 19:46
Have you looked at IBS symptoms, everything you have mentioned that you are having sounds like classic IBS, if you are that concerned go to the doctor tell him or her what you are having and have them test for IBS.

No way..IBS is far too boring for Hypo. No "mileage" in that one.

Hypo27
13-01-20, 19:57

I agree that a lot of my symptoms could be IBS but what about the pressure feeling in my bum and pain the in lower back?

Hypo27
13-01-20, 20:02
As always, zero empathy for anybody else, Hypo.

Blue I’ve came to realize these past couple weeks of how selfish I’ve become.. It’s just not the person I am or used to be anyway... My fiancé has been having a lot of issues herself but I’ve been so dam selfish and worried about myself that I didn’t even know she was having issues.. I do know that I need a lot of help with my anxiety and everything. I made an appointment with my therapist for next Tuesday.

BlueIris
13-01-20, 20:04
Been there, done that.

Good on you for realising, now you need to use that as the catalyst to pull yourself out of the hole you're in.

Fishmanpa
14-01-20, 00:48

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
14-01-20, 12:59
Positive thoughts

All the tests will be out of pocket so it’s no different then the boat I’m in...

Hypo27
14-01-20, 13:28
Positive thoughts

I did just speak with someone from cancer treatment centers of America and they told me until I’m diagnosed or there is suspicion that I have cancer that they can’t see me. Only thing I can do is see the GI doctor in a couple of weeks and pray I can pay for a colonoscopy some how...

Hypo27
14-01-20, 13:50
What’s really worrying me now is this fatigue I went to bed at 9 last night and still feel so drained... I can barely drag myself around because I feel so fatigued.. Could this be cancer fatigue?

Hypo27
14-01-20, 14:17
Just pressing on my lower back causes me pain and it’s tender that can’t be good right?

BlueIris
14-01-20, 14:21
It's not good that your back hurts, no, but it doesn't mean anything serious. I've got a couple of places on my back that my husband can't touch because they're so sore.

Carys
14-01-20, 14:43
Could this be cancer fatigue?

No.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 14:52
No.

How not? I feel like I’ve got 0 sleep and my body and eyes feel so tired l... I’ve read cancer fatigue isn’t relieved by rest and that’s exactly how it feels :(

BlueIris
14-01-20, 14:55
You're not resting if you're constantly anxious, though, your body is in a state of high alert. Of course you're exhausted, you've convinced yourself you're in serious and immediate danger.

Carys
14-01-20, 15:00
How not?

1. You've used these exact fatigue descriptors before, several times, and it wasn't cancer then either.

2. You are probably the most (unneccessarily) tested man in the US of A (apart from Darkside), you spend half your life with a doctor, or consultant or at A and E. So, nothing can be missed. Unless, this is a scenario of the 'man who cried wolf' but then that'd be your own fault it got to that point anyway.

3. You always say you are dying of cancer or some serious illness, have done for years (infact for many you've had certain terminal illnesses more than once) and have no perception of reality about your health, we however seem to have more understanding of your behaviour.

4. There are 1001 other reasons for fatigue NOT due to cancer, if not 100000001 reasons, INCLUDING a constant extreme stress and anxious mid-set.

5. Don't try and convince me that you have cancer with your reply. Its tiresome Hypo - you can tell me till you are blue in the face and argue the point, but I won't believe you.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 15:42
1. You've used these exact fatigue descriptors before, several times, and it wasn't cancer then either.

2. You are probably the most (unneccessarily) tested man in the US of A (apart from Darkside), you spend half your life with a doctor, or consultant or at A and E. So, nothing can be missed. Unless, this is a scenario of the 'man who cried wolf' but then that'd be your own fault it got to that point anyway.

3. You always say you are dying of cancer or some serious illness, have done for years (infact for many you've had certain terminal illnesses more than once) and have no perception of reality about your health, we however seem to have more understanding of your behaviour.

4. There are 1001 other reasons for fatigue NOT due to cancer, if not 100000001 reasons, INCLUDING a constant extreme stress and anxious mid-set.

5. Don't try and convince me that you have cancer with your reply. Its tiresome Hypo - you can tell me till you are blue in the face and argue the point, but I won't believe you.

I just know this fatigue is different and the back pain is becoming more constant I just can’t have cancer not
now...

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 15:46
Please stop saying you have cancer when you don't. You have no idea about things really.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 15:47
Trust me I hope and pray to god this isn’t cancer I truly do! I just have a lot of the main signs you know?

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 15:49
Actually you don't

Change the attitude towards it as that is what is annoying people - you insisting you have cancer when you have not even been diagnosed.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 15:50
The fatigue, cramps in lower stomach, the worsening lower back pain, and the change in bowel habits :(

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 16:00
Anxiety/IBS/stress etc etc

Carys
14-01-20, 16:15
I just know this fatigue is different

Well of course you do. Thats the standard severe HA answer.

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 16:26
Can I ask what you want from us Hypo?

Carys
14-01-20, 16:32
I've been pondering the same (whilst vaccuming). What is the aim of posting here ? You pop on every now and again to tell us you have cancer (or pulmonary faliure was it, prior to this latest cancer bout), go nowhere else on the forum, then go off again and come back in exactly the same manner to tell us you have cancer. This pattern has continued despite everything we have said, every reply you've been given....for YEARS. You don't want advice ? You don't want help in curing your problem (as you never follow one weeny part of it) ? I really don't understand what the purpose is of you being here.

Elen
14-01-20, 16:37
Blue I’ve came to realize these past couple weeks of how selfish I’ve become.. It’s just not the person I am or used to be anyway... My fiancé has been having a lot of issues herself but I’ve been so dam selfish and worried about myself that I didn’t even know she was having issues.. I do know that I need a lot of help with my anxiety and everything. I made an appointment with my therapist for next Tuesday.

So where is this person today? How is your partner?

You have finally admitted what is at the root of all your problems, hang onto that.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 16:40
I've been pondering the same (whilst vaccuming). What is the aim of posting here ? You pop on every now and again to tell us you have cancer (or pulmonary faliure was it, prior to this latest cancer bout), go nowhere else on the forum, then go off again and come back in exactly the same manner to tell us you have cancer. This pattern has continued despite everything we have said, every reply you've been given....for YEARS. You don't want advice ? You don't want help in curing your problem (as you never follow one weeny part of it) ? I really don't understand what the purpose is of you being here.

Ive never meant to insist that I have it I’m just worried that I have it.. You are right there’s nothing anybody can do for me here even if it is cancer there’s nothing anyone can do really.. Close the thread if you like I won’t open another one..

Hypo27
14-01-20, 16:44
I’ve came here for reassurance and to vent these issues. It’s like I know deep down it really is but I’m hanging onto that tiny thread that could mean it’s not cancer and it’s like I’m trying to my best to convince myself it’s not when it very well could be.

BlueIris
14-01-20, 16:46
You're being incredibly melodramatic, Hypo. Please knock it off?

Carys
14-01-20, 17:05
It’s like I know deep down it really is but I’m hanging onto that tiny thread that could mean it’s not cancer and it’s like I’m trying to my best to convince myself it’s not when it very well could be.

Nice to know that all the advice given to you about how to use your powerful brain to work on your HA - has made no difference at all.

Totally and utterly the wrong way around in your thinking, no wonder if you have utterly convinced yourself and you are 'trying your best to convince yourself its not cancer' and 'hang onto that tiny thread of hooopppppeeeeee' you are getting nowhere at all. What more can we do ? You refuse to work on things and this brick wall is becoming draining.

I think you need to be seeing your therapist LONG TERM, like until you have some weeny grasp on how to provide your own reassurance and logical thought and how to stop this catastrophising. As for 'reassurance' - well I aint providing it and I hope nobody else does either. You've had more than enough examples over the years of how to provide reassurance, and you should be doing it yourself.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 17:11
Anyone else would be convinced too in my shoes. 800 mg of ibuprofen doesn’t even touch this back pain that can’t be good.

Carys
14-01-20, 17:14
Anyone else would be convinced too in my shoes.

.....and THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE TOTALLY AND UTTERLY WRONG. Showing in glorious technicolour, the difference between your thinking and the thinking of a 'normal' person.

BlueIris
14-01-20, 17:14
Please don't assume we're all as deluded as you are, Hypo? We're really not.

Hypo27
14-01-20, 17:20
So it wouldn’t concern you at all with these symptoms? Back pain that doesn’t get better with a high dose anti inflammatory?

Elen
14-01-20, 17:26
So it wouldn’t concern you at all with these symptoms?

Another classic HA reply.

Get back to reality and really engage in your therapy session.

BlueIris
14-01-20, 17:28
No, it wouldn't, and it hasn't in the past.

Carys
14-01-20, 17:33
Nope, it wouldn't concern me....and we've ALL had back back pain. I've had it where I've had sciatica for weeks and weeks where I've had to crawl on my hands and knees and no relief from the pain. I wouldn't mind betting that you self-medicate so much and to such an extend, for prolonged periods, you are giving yourself gastric problems anyway, which Ibruprofen is known for. Probably you are also becoming immune to the effects of it. (actually I don't know if that is possible LOL) If the medication isn't working, then try another NSAID, not everything works for everybody ! Or, you could try actually changing your attitude to the pain, taking hot showers, changing posture, doing swimming, blah blah blah blah.....

Carys
14-01-20, 17:38
Oh and look what I found....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?224285-Scared-it%92s-cancer

Here was your cancer from September 2018, that caused unbearable and dreadful fatigue. Read it.

Why can't you learn something from your own post history ? What in all honesty is that matter that you can't look back and think 'oh I've had this before'. I have no doubt you will dismiss this just like everything else on here. Show some fortitude for once in your HA history. I'm taking a break LOL

Hypo27
14-01-20, 17:41
Nope, it wouldn't concern me....and we've ALL had back back pain. I've had it where I've had sciatica for weeks and weeks where I've had to crawl on my hands and knees and no relief from the pain. I wouldn't mind betting that you self-medicate so much and to such an extend, for prolonged periods, you are giving yourself gastric problems anyway, which Ibruprofen is known for. Probably you are also becoming immune to the effects of it. (actually I don't know if that is possible LOL) If the medication isn't working, then try another NSAID, not everything works for everybody ! Or, you could try actually changing your attitude to the pain, taking hot showers, changing posture, doing swimming, blah blah blah blah.....

Actually I’m a last resort type person when it comes to taking pills so I hardly ever take anything. The ibuprofen should of at least dulled the pain you know?

Hypo27
14-01-20, 17:43
Oh and look what I found....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?224285-Scared-it%92s-cancer

Here was your cancer from September 2018, that caused unbearable and dreadful fatigue. Read it.

Why can't you learn something from your own post history ? What in all honesty is that matter that you can't look back and think 'oh I've had this before'. I have no doubt you will dismiss this just like everything else on here. Show some fortitude for once in your HA history. I'm taking a break LOL

I understand that some of this stuff I’ve dealt with but the progressive and worsening back pain don’t think I’ve had that one. I’ve noticed since around last November this low back pain and it’s just gotten worse.

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 17:47
If you have back pain then get a referral for physio and get it sorted.

I too have had sciatica that was incredibly painful for 6 long weeks and codeine didn't touch it. It was not cancer though.

You need to start looking after yourself more and be proactive.

Get some physio and see what happens

pulisa
14-01-20, 17:49

Remember that it's not all about you. Remember that your partner has issues and you've been entirely self-centred and blind to the fact that she is suffering. Maybe now is the time to rectify matters, stop obsessing and chasing a non existent diagnosis and focus on someone who needs your help and support?

Carys
14-01-20, 17:49
I eventually had physio and heat therapy on the NHS when mine first occurred 30 years ago also......since then I do home treatment with heat and exercises. Get help for that, not keep up the search for cancer.

Here's a news flash, life is going to end for everyone, its the journey that counts. Your journey is a freaking waste of the time you have been given.....

Hypo27
14-01-20, 18:03
I eventually had physio and heat therapy on the NHS when mine first occurred 30 years ago also......since then I do home treatment with heat and exercises. Get help for that, not keep up the search for cancer.

Here's a news flash, life is going to end for everyone, its the journey that counts. Your journey is a freaking waste of the time you have been given.....

Ok I acknowledge that this might not be cancer. But I’m literally in tears because the pain is that not serious enough to go
to the er? I truly don’t want to but I can’t see my doctor until February and I’m hurting so bad....

Carys
14-01-20, 18:07
Right, is there a position you can get in at all, lying on floor, knees up, sitting, back straight, hands and knees....anywhichway.....where the pain reduces ?

nomorepanic
14-01-20, 18:10
Hot water bottle on the area then

Fishmanpa
14-01-20, 23:13
Holy Moly! 5 pages since this morning? :huh: Yep yep yep.... Time to poo or get off the pot :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
15-01-20, 00:13
Holy Moly! 5 pages since this morning? :huh: Yep yep yep.... Time to poo or get off the pot :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Meaning?

Fishmanpa
15-01-20, 00:31
Meaning?

Forgive my bluntness as I know of your extensive history going back to AZ where you claimed to have been diagnosed with ALS and disappeared (only to have miraculously recovered and appeared on this forum) after marathon threads of reassurance and the same banter and bluster we see here.

Meaning (and I'm pretty confident many share my feelings).... Either get diagnosed, start treatment and issue a well deserved "Told Ya So" to the forum or STFU and get real life professional help! It's been YEARS of the same thing over and over and over. You have a child and a partner. Time to poo or get off the pot!

Positive thoughts

rainbow
15-01-20, 08:13
Ok I acknowledge that this might not be cancer. But I’m literally in tears because the pain is that not serious enough to go
to the er? I truly don’t want to but I can’t see my doctor until February and I’m hurting so bad....

How long have you had the back pain? I've had lower back pain for years and every now and again something "goes" in my back which can cause intense pain and makes me almost unable to move. My partner, daughter and sister have all recently had this happen. It can take a few weeks to ease up. You might need something stronger for the pain, my partner was given codeine.

I totally understand your fears and how your mind is working as bowel cancer has been my biggest fear for nearly 17 years but you have to try to rationalise or if you can't do that then ask your gp for some definitive testing so that you can move on from this.

Hypo27
15-01-20, 20:31
Forgive my bluntness as I know of your extensive history going back to AZ where you claimed to have been diagnosed with ALS and disappeared (only to have miraculously recovered and appeared on this forum) after marathon threads of reassurance and the same banter and bluster we see here.

Meaning (and I'm pretty confident many share my feelings).... Either get diagnosed, start treatment and issue a well deserved "Told Ya So" to the forum or STFU and get real life professional help! It's been YEARS of the same thing over and over and over. You have a child and a partner. Time to poo or get off the pot!

Positive thoughts

Trust me that’s all I wanna do is get a diagnosis to what is causing my suffering. Could IBS cause almost constant cramping/gas pains I’m the lower abdomen? This cramping feel has lasted all day I hope
its not a bowel obstruction..

nomorepanic
15-01-20, 20:34
We have told you over a million times that yes IBS can cause this. Please take some time to read back over this and your other threads and take on board the advice given and the replies you got.

Hypo27
15-01-20, 20:43
We have told you over a million times that yes IBS can cause this. Please take some time to read back over this and your other threads and take on board the advice given and the replies you got.

Yea but constant cramping feeling all day?

Hypo27
15-01-20, 20:46
It’s like I can’t really pass gas either like not much anyway.

Carys
15-01-20, 21:08
How much out of interest does a trip to ER cost for you on average ?

I'm asking because you delayed your GI appointment (due 6th or 8th Jan) as you didn't have 200$, but surely ER costs more - as you seem to have no insurance ?

I'm also interested in knowing these things, to build a picture here - do you pick a different ER each time or do the staff all know you at your local ER ? What do you say to your wife and children when you are off on another regular medical expedition ? What do your family think of the situation (as you never mention them), both your close and wider family ?

I'm failing to understand how your frequent ER trips aren't having an impact on people around you, and also why with the money you throw away on these expensive tests, you can't have insurance ?

WiseMonkey
15-01-20, 21:10
Yea but constant cramping feeling all day?

Yep my daughter has had bouts of this (she's 34) and it's IBS ... she's had both colonoscopy and gastroscopy and both were fine.

This sounds like what you've got so try some De Gas (or similar in USA) which are very helpful for IBS. Your Dr can also prescribe antispasmodics to relax the muscles. The fodmap diet can help, as can cutting out gluten. Slippery Elm powder in hot water is great for all stomach and bowel issues.

Anxiety can cause the bowels muscles to become tense and contract far more than usual. Also know that pain does not always equal cancer.

Hypo27
15-01-20, 21:28
How much out of interest does a trip to ER cost for you on average ?

I'm asking because you delayed your GI appointment (due 6th or 8th Jan) as you didn't have 200$, but surely ER costs more - as you seem to have no insurance ?

I'm also interested in knowing these things, to build a picture here - do you pick a different ER each time or do the staff all know you at your local ER ? What do you say to your wife and children when you are off on another regular medical expedition ? What do your family think of the situation (as you never mention them), both your close and wider family ?

I'm failing to understand how your frequent ER trips aren't having an impact on people around you, and also why with the money you throw away on these expensive tests, you can't have insurance ?

Because I don’t pay anything out of pocket when I go to the er I go to a university hospital so everything is discounted and just make small payments on everything.

Hypo27
15-01-20, 21:29
Yep my daughter has had bouts of this (she's 34) and it's IBS ... she's had both colonoscopy and gastroscopy and both were fine.

This sounds like what you've got so try some De Gas (or similar in USA) which are very helpful for IBS. Your Dr can also prescribe antispasmodics to relax the muscles. The fodmap diet can help, as can cutting out gluten. Slippery Elm powder in hot water is great for all stomach and bowel issues.

Anxiety can cause the bowels muscles to become tense and contract far more than usual. Also know that pain does not always equal cancer.

Hey wise haven’t heard from you in awhile I’m here hope all is well with you. Thank you for the reply I truly hope it’s just IBS causing these issues especially combined with the low back pain and fatigue.

WiseMonkey
15-01-20, 23:39
Hey wise haven’t heard from you in awhile I’m here hope all is well with you. Thank you for the reply I truly hope it’s just IBS causing these issues especially combined with the low back pain and fatigue.

Low back pain is caused by the muscles there contracting (sometimes into a tight spasm), stress can definitely do this, I used to get it when I was younger. Physical exercise can help relax those muscles and also antispasmodics.

Yeah I'm pretty good at present thanks but I do have autoimmune stuff that flares, so I just have to get on with it. Just bought a recumbent exercycle and it's really helping my aches and pains :)

Hypo27
15-01-20, 23:53
Low back pain is caused by the muscles there contracting (sometimes into a tight spasm), stress can definitely do this, I used to get it when I was younger. Physical exercise can help relax those muscles and also antispasmodics.

Yeah I'm pretty good at present thanks but I do have autoimmune stuff that flares, so I just have to get on with it. Just bought a recumbent exercycle and it's really helping my aches and pains :)

Awesome that’s good to hear that it’s helping you! I wish I could just snap out of thinking this could be colorectal cancer but I just have so many red flags. Constipation/Diarrhea, lower stomach cramps, low back pain, pressure feeling in my bum and fatigue..

Hypo27
15-01-20, 23:59
And also had my iron tested last year and it was low.

WiseMonkey
16-01-20, 06:09
Awesome that’s good to hear that it’s helping you! I wish I could just snap out of thinking this could be colorectal cancer but I just have so many red flags. Constipation/Diarrhea, lower stomach cramps, low back pain, pressure feeling in my bum and fatigue..

They are more the red flags for IBS or IBD or diverticulitis, painless bleeding is one of the first signs of bowel cancer, I've known a few people who have had it and it was their main symptom.

pulisa
16-01-20, 08:15

These aren't red flags for colorectal cancer. You have low iron stores but are you anaemic with low haemoglobin?

Hypo27
16-01-20, 13:15
They are more the red flags for IBS or IBD or diverticulitis, painless bleeding is one of the first signs of bowel cancer, I've known a few people who have had it and it was their main symptom.

Yeah I’ve read a majority of people around 65 percent have noticeable blood in their poo or when they wipe. The other have the obstruction symptoms cramping, constipation, pain etc. They say the tumors that grow on the right side of the colon cause bleeding most of the time. Left sided tumors usually cause the cramping and everything from partial obstruction because it usually occurs near the rectum. You can also have occult bleeding that’s not visible to the eye right?

Hypo27
16-01-20, 13:17
These aren't red flags for colorectal cancer. You have low iron stores but are you anaemic with low haemoglobin?

No not anemic but like I said before I’m on testosterone injections and they have raised my hemoglobin and hemocrit so could that be masking anemia I wonder?

Neverending_story
16-01-20, 13:47
MAYBE everyone should stop replying............. (just a thought)......:winks:

Carys
16-01-20, 14:20
I've certainly decided - that I'm not wasting any more of my life on someone who is intent on wasting their life.

rainbow
16-01-20, 14:28
I've certainly decided - that I'm not wasting any more of my life on someone who is intent on wasting their life.

With respect, I wouldn't say that he is "intent" on wasting his life. I really can identify what he's going through and it's absolute hell! I think it's fantastic for everyone that has managed to get themselves out of the horrendous grip that HA had on them, but we are all different and it's not always going to be possible for some people to overcome this. I still struggle every day and I honestly try to fight the thoughts and obsessions.

Carys
16-01-20, 14:42
Well, I will disagree rainbow - also with respect. I think someone who has, after years (here and on AZ), followed no advice, taken no steps to address their mental health problems and takes no action at all in even minor ways to try and tackle things, is making a choice to continue as they are. Some people do still struggle, some find it hard but those same people (yourself included) at least try. I see no trying, and never have from Hypo, not even in in the most minor of ways to accept he even has HA let alone start addressing things. He won't engage with anybody here in a helpful way, and he is wasting his life. He has been told this fact too.

I still struggle every day and I honestly try to fight the thoughts and obsessions.

This is the point I take from your post, you struggle and 'try', its the 'try' that is needed. People can understand the trying and failing, but not when people don't ever try.

Anyway, I'll comment no further as am leaving this thread well alone now.

Hypo27
16-01-20, 15:15
Well, I will disagree rainbow - also with respect. I think someone who has, after years (here and on AZ), followed no advice, taken no steps to address their mental health problems and takes no action at all in even minor ways to try and tackle things, is making a choice to continue as they are. Some people do still struggle, some find it hard but those same people (yourself included) at least try. I see no trying, and never have from Hypo, not even in in the most minor of ways to accept he even has HA let alone start addressing things. He won't engage with anybody here in a helpful way, and he is wasting his life. He has been told this fact too.

This is the point I take from your post, you struggle and 'try', its the 'try' that is needed. People can understand the trying and failing, but not when people don't ever try.

Anyway, I'll comment no further as am leaving this thread well alone now.

I actually have admitted I have HA i have for years. That doesn’t mean I can’t have physical issues go wrong. I have seen a therapist and will be seeing him again next week so I don’t know how I’m not trying?

Neverending_story
16-01-20, 15:34

'flogging a dead horse" - I have HA BUT there needs to come a time where help is accepted but this whole thread I think by some of the aggressive comments (maybe even not intended out of frustration) is not helping someone with HA - the OP needs to address his HA professionally - no advice has been taken by the OP its the same thing over and over BUT as I say maybe if we all stop replying.........

Carys
16-01-20, 17:00
I don’t know how I’m not trying?

By spending your entire time on here and presumably in life re-enforcing that you are ILL and something needs to be diagnosed - chasing doctors, demanding tests, going to ER every week, arguing with every statement that applies logic, spending your time trying to convince us that you are ill. That is NOT trying. I have seen nothing in this thread, or any of your others that has ever shown that you try and employ any strategies to deal with your mental health problem. Ever. Not once. Not even an inkling of trying to reassure yourself, toning down the catastrophic thinking, or trying to counteract or retrain your thoughts, or even ever agreeing with the rational and logical statements others make to you. Quite the opposite actually. Effort is needed to sort your head out over this, but there is never any evidence of effort.

I actually have admitted I have HA i have for years. That doesn’t mean I can’t have physical issues go wrong.

It’s like I know deep down it really is but I’m hanging onto that tiny thread that could mean it’s not cancer and it’s like I’m trying to my best to convince myself it’s not when it very well could be.

Trust me that’s all I wanna do is get a diagnosis to what is causing my suffering.

Ah, so THIS time, compared to all the other times is IS cancer ? This is NOT trying, it is the same old same old. What on earth does trying mean to you, as nothing has changed that I have seen in these years ? I don't know what your therapist did with you, or even if they are any good, but surely something was explored and taught. Surely you have learnt SOMETHING from them or us over the years, that you could start demonstrating knowing how to use. That is trying. You need to see someone and see someone full time and start really trying - so that you stop wasting time and money.

I know I said I was done with this, couldn't help myself - my fault. Now, I'll leave you to it, as I stand by my assertion that if you want to continue like this I personally won't be hitting my head against the brick wall.

Hypo27
16-01-20, 17:27
By spending your entire time on here and presumably in life re-enforcing that you are ILL and something needs to be diagnosed - chasing doctors, demanding tests, going to ER every week, arguing with every statement that applies logic, spending your time trying to convince us that you are ill. That is NOT trying. I have seen nothing in this thread, or any of your others that has ever shown that you try and employ any strategies to deal with your mental health problem. Ever. Not once. Not even an inkling of trying to reassure yourself, toning down the catastrophic thinking, or trying to counteract or retrain your thoughts, or even ever agreeing with the rational and logical statements others make to you. Quite the opposite actually. Effort is needed to sort your head out over this, but there is never any evidence of effort.

Ah, so THIS time, compared to all the other times is IS cancer ? This is NOT trying, it is the same old same old. What on earth does trying mean to you, as nothing has changed that I have seen in these years ? I don't know what your therapist did with you, or even if they are any good, but surely something was explored and taught. Surely you have learnt SOMETHING from them or us over the years, that you could start demonstrating knowing how to use. That is trying. You need to see someone and see someone full time and start really trying - so that you stop wasting time and money.

I know I said I was done with this, couldn't help myself - my fault. Now, I'll leave you to it, as I stand by my assertion that if you want to continue like this I personally won't be hitting my head against the brick wall.

I know I need a lot of work on my mental health I do but this time I think I really might have cancer. These issues aren’t going away like my previous fears like when I was worried about esophagus cancer those symptoms subsided with PPIS and changing my diet up. This time my symptoms are just getting worse. I don’t expect anyone to say anything else as there really isn’t much left to say besides getting the colonoscopy and getting an official diagnosis whether it be colorectal cancer or whatever. I shouldn’t be hurting in my bum and buttocks and being constipated all the time like I am. I went this morning and I had a single stool that was really flat. I’ll see my therapist next week and I’m gonna mention maybe getting on some medicine for the OCD about my health because I do admit that I do obsess about my health issues and everything.

Hypo27
26-01-20, 20:24
Would cancer that spreads to the spine show on ct scan? I had a ct scan of my lumbar spine and it was normal but would I need a mri?

Carys
26-01-20, 21:26
Ask the medics who gave you this scan. Guess it was another ER trip ey ?

Hypo27
27-01-20, 03:35
Ask the medics who gave you this scan. Guess it was another ER trip ey ?

Yes because the pain is just getting worse. They did a X-ray that was normal and then a ct scan which was also normal. The nurse practitioner said that a spinal tumor would have showed on the ct scan. If it’s rectal or colon cancer causing the back pain I still need a colonoscopy..

WiseMonkey
27-01-20, 04:30
Yes because the pain is just getting worse. They did a X-ray that was normal and then a ct scan which was also normal. The nurse practitioner said that a spinal tumor would have showed on the ct scan. If it’s rectal or colon cancer causing the back pain I still need a colonoscopy..

Well part of the solution would be to arrange to have one (colonoscopy).

Hypo27
27-01-20, 14:56
Well part of the solution would be to arrange to have one (colonoscopy).

Just hard to do without insurance... I’m going to have to wait to see my pcp February the 6th. The place I go to is like a charity type practice so he should be able to order the colonoscopy without me having to see a GI doctor because he is a internal medicine doctor.

Hypo27
27-01-20, 14:59
I’m really getting worried the back pain is there all day constantly and I’m getting a lot of lower abdominal/pelvic pain.... I’m so depressed about this I cry almost all day long and I’m just so full of fear..

Carys
27-01-20, 15:00
Ok

Hypo27
27-01-20, 17:57
I’m just gonna get them to delete the thread it’s obvious your all tired seeing it.

Carys
27-01-20, 18:05
Do whatever you want Hypo.

You can't expect people to come up with anything meaningful to your statements after so many years of trying and you not acting on any of it. Its repetitive, and there is nothing to say that hasn't been said so many times.

Hypo27
27-01-20, 18:08
Do whatever you want Hypo.

You can't expect people to come up with anything meaningful to your statements after so many years of trying and you not acting on any of it. Its repetitive, and there is nothing to say that hasn't been said so many times.

You’re right I’m sorry maybe I really am just to far gone.

BlueIris
27-01-20, 18:12
Life's too short for this, Hypo. Sooner or later you won't be wrong about being ill, and then what will all these years spent crying have got you?

Hypo27
27-01-20, 18:13
Life's too short for this, Hypo. Sooner or later you won't be wrong about being ill, and then what will all these years spent crying have got you?

You’re completely right I just can’t snap out of it..

Hypo27
27-01-20, 18:15
I’ve honestly lost the will yo live anymore honestly I just have so many problems..

Carys
27-01-20, 18:39
Weren't you seeing your therapist last week ?

Pkstracy
27-01-20, 19:19
So Hypno I just went through two months of what you are going through, guess what mine turned out to be, SweetNLOW artificial sweetener, are you using any type of sugar substitute even eating sugar-free sweets or foods or diet drinks, if you are slack off of those and eat more fiber.

pulisa
27-01-20, 20:12
I’ve honestly lost the will yo live anymore honestly I just have so many problems..

...Fortunately all benign despite the dramatic language. I'm sure your therapist will be encouraging you to manage your HA in the real world as opposed to on here.

Hypo27
27-01-20, 20:47
So Hypno I just went through two months of what you are going through, guess what mine turned out to be, SweetNLOW artificial sweetener, are you using any type of sugar substitute even eating sugar-free sweets or foods or diet drinks, if you are slack off of those and eat more fiber.

No definitely don’t use artificial sweetener of any kind.

AntsyVee
27-01-20, 20:52
If you can survive ALS, B, you can survive this. Remember, when you had ALS you were too weak to even pick up your kid, or so you said.

Pkstracy
27-01-20, 23:47
No definitely don’t use artificial sweetener of any kind.

It's hard to tell sometimes, it could be hidden in food anything with itol at the end in the ingredients list can cause stomach upset.
HAD ALS? Um there is no cure for ALS, so they either have it or not at all.

AntsyVee
28-01-20, 06:07
HE didn’t have it. He just thought he had ALS. He was so far down the rabbit hole he said all the same things he’s saying now.

Pkstracy
28-01-20, 18:13
ah thanks for clearing that up Antsy, I bet if Hypno looked back and kept track or a week or so of what he was eating and drinking as well as noting down their stools, they will see that the issues stem from a poor diet like mine did and not enough fiber, living in the US. Americans tend to not get enough fiber, men need 38 grams a day and women need 25 grams then 21 when we hit fifty.

Hypo27
28-01-20, 21:56
HE didn’t have it. He just thought he had ALS. He was so far down the rabbit hole he said all the same things he’s saying now.

No this is different literally all day my eyes are so heavy and I feel so tired. Last night I was awoke with the lower abdominal pain and loose stools and I’ve been having a lot of upper right belly pain in really hope this isn’t rectal cancer..

Hypo27
28-01-20, 22:34
Now I’m really kinda worried I just had a little bit of diarrhea and wiped and noticed a very small spot of blood and when I flushed I though I saw a little red in the diarrhea....

Carolza
28-01-20, 23:25
Hi Hypo, I am so sorry you’re going through this. I have health anxiety and now I am convinced I have colorectal cancer. I’m having some anemia symptoms and last week when I went to the bathroom there was blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. Im trying not to think about it since just happened once but these anemia symptoms keep me thinking that I am bleeding to death without knowing.

nomorepanic
28-01-20, 23:48
Could be food or could be piles.

Hypo27
29-01-20, 15:01
Could be food or could be piles.

I really hope that’s what it is my bum does feel sore and raw. Just so scared it’s rectal cancer I keep seeing how it’s become more common in young adults.

Hypo27
29-01-20, 16:02
Hi Hypo, I am so sorry you’re going through this. I have health anxiety and now I am convinced I have colorectal cancer. I’m having some anemia symptoms and last week when I went to the bathroom there was blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. Im trying not to think about it since just happened once but these anemia symptoms keep me thinking that I am bleeding to death without knowing.

Sorry your going through this scare as well.. Habe you seen a doctor about it all yet?

StephA
29-01-20, 17:36
If your butt feels raw the blood is probably from irritation. I’m having similar issues and saw my proctologist this morning and he said my hemorrhoids were irritated and I have a small fissure which I’ve had before. He gave me a shot in my hemmie and some cream for the fissure. He had no answer for the intermittent diarrhea but suggested me seeing my GI doc about that, so if it continues I’ll do that and go from there. Mine all started a few weeks ago when I had what I assume was a stomach virus because I had an upset stomach and vomited a few times and had several bouts of watery diarrhea. I made a thread about it but haven’t posted back on that. Anyway, I saw a physician assistant a couple weeks ago and she thinks it could be post infectious IBS. So I’ll give it a bit longer to see if it goes away. I just wanted to get the blood checked out and I did. Rambling, but just wanted to tell you that blood in your stool is not always cancer! When is your appointment with your GI doctor Hypo??

Pkstracy
29-01-20, 18:33
Hypno I just told you you are havig the exact same thing I am, for a month keep a food journal of what you are eating and drinking and eat more fiber and not junk.