PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic Pain sparked Health Anxiety

aloy-
24-12-19, 05:21
I tried not to do this again....
Hi again. I’ve worked myself into an internal panic I’m trying to fight.
So a bit of backstory... I’ve always had really irregular periods that were incredibly painful. Usually I’d skip only a month or two, but a couple years ago I didn’t have a period for 6 months. I had an ultrasound to get everything checked & the doctor didn’t really tell me much other than nothing was abnormal. I suspected endometriosis or PCOS, as both have popped up in my family.
I was on birth control for a while, but lost insurance (yay...) so lost my pill and haven’t been to the doctor since the beginning of this year.
I’m currently 36 days late on my period and, on top of that, I’ve basically been in a constant state of the pain I feel around the time I’m PMSing. My pelvic area has pain almost daily, with random jolts and knots in where I assume my ovaries are? Along with that, I’ve been having light pain during sex.

Most of me still feels like I have endometriosis or PCOS that my doctor didn’t properly spot, but my anxiety is fearing I have some undetected cervical cancer or something. According to my mom, I’ve had the HPV vaccine, but I haven’t had a Pap smear yet and my brain is making me think worst case scenario.

Along with that, I work retail, so I’m constantly running around the store. Logically, I know that could contribute to the pelvic pain I feel, but... you know how anxiety is 😖

I’m just feeling very overwhelmed and could use some reassuring words.

Lauz
24-12-19, 08:51
I feel you, I am exactly the same at the moment with some hip pain. I remember when at the gym that I felt the pain a few weeks / months ago but as you said HA has now got me worried and that my physio is wrong that it’s not just some nerve damage but infant the big C or something else causing the pain.

Everything you said about running around etc could totally put pressure and strain on that area!
Perhaps go see a physio or the like next week if the pain is still persisting.