PDA

View Full Version : should i go???????

camilla
24-01-05, 12:20
i feel really confused at the moment. [Sigh...]
i have been told by my consultant a suggestion of coming into hospital for evenings and nights to help me get through the hardest time of the day. but the thing is i have already been in hospital 3 times because of the risk i have in commiting suicide.

i havent found it helpful and came out worse than what i was when i came in. its the thrid hospital i went into which are offering me a place. i was in there in march 2004 and they kicked me out for self-harming and taking an overdose. i was particually bad in nov04 so they were suggesting i came back which i was agreeing 2 but i got very suicidal before they had a meeting to decuss this i took an overdose. colwood wouldnt take me after that so i ended up in an adult unit for a night. i was told that i wasnt the right place either which it wasnt because it was mainly for people who are psychotic or have drug and alchol problems which i dont.

so now when they asked me about coming back in. i really dont trust them and not happy with the idea.

i am not coping well at the moment with my self-harm of straggling and solvent abuse and feeling suicidal. i havent told anyone about the solvent abuse cos i am worried they will try and stopped me or take me to hospital against my will. :(

i dont think there is any thing which will help. should i go back to hospital even though it hasnt helped before???

camilla

mico
24-01-05, 18:10
Hi Camilla

I'm sorry but I don't have any good suggestions here, to be honest I don't know a great deal of how this whole process works. What I do want to say though, is just maybe try talking to them about your fears of this happening and your past experiences. I know what doctors and such are like when they're trying to rush you out of the door as soon as you get in, but it's worth a try, you might just find that you get some good advice, or reasuarance.

I hope it all works out well for you though.

mico

seh1980
24-01-05, 18:57
hello Camilla,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. The way I see it, if you don't go to the hospital, what else can you do? It seems that it is your only choice and, you never know, it might help you this time. Try to stay positive and give it a go - you have nothing to lose!!

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 19:34
Camilla

I think you should try it and see what happens. It could be a big help and get you back on track.

Good luck if you decide to go.

Nicola

andrew
25-01-05, 01:03
hi camilla
im not totally sure if you should go. but if they are saying to you, you can go to the hospital when you feel like it - then great, if your really struggling it might be worth a try, just take it a day at a time.
what kind of things do you think will help you to get through your current situation?
im sure that you can find some advice about solvent abuse online without risking your anonomity, although im not sure if your saying you want to stop or not. if your using this to numb away some of your feelings, you would be better off to say to your consultant that you need better prescription medication to meet your needs.
anyway i hope your ok today and whatever you do it works out ok for ya. tc .. andrew

stimpy
01-02-05, 10:49
Hi camilla

You seem to have a lot of issues to deal with at the moment.

My advice would be to tell the truth.

In the same way you would tell a chemist if you are taking medications before buying cold and flu remedy or strong painkillers .
Then you should really tell the consultant about the solvents.
That way you can be given the best care and treatment.

If you are seeking help for your problems, then it is better to come clean and admit the solvent abuse.

If you are taking medications to help you, solvents may not mix well with it or stop the medication from working.

It could well be that the solvents are making your condition worse, rather than helping it.

They can advise and help you to come off the solvents, but they CAN'T MAKE YOU stop, IF YOU don't want to.
The only person who can make the decision to stop is YOU.

I think, if they were going to admit you to hospital, they would do it with or without the solvent abuse.
(I personally have never heard of anyone being sectioned under the mental health act for abusing solvents - but I could be wrong.)

As for going into hospital, that too is upto you.
If the consultant suggests it, then it may help you.
Speaking personally (as a panic attack, depression and anxiety sufferer)
it did nothing for me. Infact it scared me to death and made me worse than I already was!

If you need someone to talk to about solvent abuse you can call : The Re-solv National Helpline Number 0808 800 2345

Calls are FREE from a landline or virgin mobile.
They are staffed 9-5 Mon to Fri (except national holidays) and have emergency contact details during out of hours.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'