PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding after missed pill?

Jinja
26-12-19, 09:22
This happened last night, which wasn’t the best way of finishing Christmas. I’ve been on Yasmin for four years now, with no real problems. However, I had forgotten to take the pill for the last two days. Last night I started to get some brown blood (TMI), similar to what you’d get at the end of a period, and it’s continued so far until this morning. It hasn’t been heavy, but prominent enough to show up on a pad. I’ve missed pills in the past and this has never happened, so I’m scared of something sinister :/ Has anyone ever had experience with this? Trying to keep calm about this as I’ve let health anxiety ruin Christmas before

Midnight-mouse
26-12-19, 09:54
Do you take a week break on your pill or take them back to back?

Either way it’s just withdrawal bleeding, when the hormone levels change, we bleed. It’s exactly the same as when/if you take your week break (or sugar pills) I always started my withdrawal bleed two days after my last pill before I started to take them back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinja
26-12-19, 10:36
I take a week’s break, so I don’t get how I’d start withdrawal bleeding so quickly after just two days. Maybe back to back isn’t a bad idea though :P

Midnight-mouse
26-12-19, 10:38
I take a week’s break, so I don’t get how I’d start withdrawal bleeding so quickly after just two days. Maybe back to back isn’t a bad idea though :P

When you stop for your week break how soon after do you start to bleed? It’s exactly the same when you miss pills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinja
26-12-19, 11:06
After doing the maths again, turns out I had missed three pills 🙃 And my period usually starts on day three or four on the pill free week, so doing the maths, it probably makes sense. Now to stay rational and not think that it’s the big C... Thanks for your help!

Limeslime
26-12-19, 12:01
I’m an ex sexual health nurse (left when I had my baby) and I can 100% reassure you that this is normal with Yasmin. It’s called “breakthrough bleeding” and nothing at all to worry about!

Jinja
26-12-19, 18:46
Thanks for that, it helps me tell myself that I’m not actually dying 😏 It looks like it’s going to turn into my full blown period, so v confused as to whether or not I continue with this packet of Yasmin. Either way, thanks for your help 😊