PDA

View Full Version : Possible blood clot in arm

Worrygirl32
26-12-19, 16:45
Hey! I feel like it’s been a long while since I have posted on here. I gave birth to my daughter about 4 weeks ago. During that time I got an IV. while at the hospital the iv did bother me but I just dealt with it because I was only in the hospital for a total of 48 hours. When they took it out. I felt relief. However when I felt the vein. It felt a little hard... so I thought ok, maybe they damaged the vein in some way. I googled it and saw that it would heal in about 2 weeks. But the hardening of the vein may take longer. It feels like a cord underneath my skin but as time passes you can’t feel it as much. Well. I breastfeed my baby and I always hold her head up with that arm in that area. And I’m scared I’m constricting blood flow. What is causing me great anxiety is that I had my hair tie on that arm last night. And then I was breastfeeding my daughter and holding her weight with that same arm. When I looked at my arm this morning there was a bump right before the hair tie was. I immediately took off the hair tie as I think it may have been constricting blood flow since it left a mark. But what I’m most freaked out is about the bump. It doesn’t hurt and it starting to go away. But what if it’s a blood clot developing? My post partum appt isn’t until next week. So I’ll bring it up to my dr. then. However I’m trying to stop myself from going to the ER. Idk if I’m being rational or not. I don’t think it’s a deep vein because it’s from the iv... can anyone give me some words of peace.

NotDeadYet
26-12-19, 18:22
Worrygirl32,

First, congrats on the new baby. That's so exciting.

Second, your best "words of peace" will be your own as our reassurance is only momentary. See your quote below. Use this to ground yourself in reality.

I googled it and saw that it would heal in about 2 weeks. But the hardening of the vein may take longer. It doesn’t hurt and it starting to go away.

Best Wishes