PDA

View Full Version : help! convinced i am dying!

sanvers
26-12-19, 22:51
Hey guys,

I’ve struggled with health anxiety since I was a young teenager (I’m 21 now) but recently it’s been pretty good and under control....until now. I’ve always been very lucky with my health but a few bouts of illnesses over the past while have ramped my anxiety right back up again and I’m just looking for some support. Basically, one of my wisdom teeth growing in got infected which meant I had to go on antibiotics for an infection, then I got an awful cold from someone in my family and THEN I developed a rash which was all over my face, neck, chest and back. I’ve been fine for about a month now until a few days ago. I realised that I was getting a scratchy throat and thought it must be a cold developing but the pain stuck to one side when I swallowed and nothing happened. The pain became very bad so I had a look in the back of my throat with a light and discovered a pretty angry lump on the right side of my mouth at the back, on the soft palate in front of my tonsils. the pain was bad but because it’s christmas i decided to wait it out. the pain has now subsided but the mass is still there and i’ve been in overdrive convincing myself i’m dying. i will admit that my dental hygiene has not been good. I struggle with depression and don’t take care of myself when it gets very bad and so my mouth is definitely not at the level it should be to the point my gums bleed when I brush. I’ve been poking around my mouth and whenever I poke around the cotton bud is always brown. Tonight when I spat and rinsed mouthwash (it’s clear corsodyl stuff) it was twinged with orangey brown and small bits of that. I’m just so concerned now that this is something more sinister. the feeling of something being trapped in my throat and the bloody (?) or perhaps tea stained saliva? I drink a LOAD of tea. About and hour before I rinsed my mouth I had two mugs of tea. I just can’t tell if it’s blood or not...it’s not red but orange...
Anywahs, I just needed a space to vent and voice my concerns. If this lump doesn’t shift I will make an appointment with th dentist to see what is happening...however that’s another story because I am absolutely terrified of health professionals simply because I hate maybe hearing bad news. i hope it’s just a christmas virus that has inflamed my throat or something less serious. I’ve lost a lot of hair recently from stress and i’ve been super exhausted. i’m just convinced i have cancer.

thsnks for listening and any support would be extremely appreciated