PDA

View Full Version : I think I have throat cancer

always scared
31-12-19, 17:01
I always get sore throats on and off BUT this time it seems to be different. I have a sore spot on the right side of my throat that is sore . I can feel it when I swallow. When I looked in my throat just now I see a red round spot way deep down on the side it looks raised :scared15: I do not have tonsils . I'm scared

utrocket09
31-12-19, 17:07
I always get sore throats on and off BUT this time it seems to be different. I have a sore spot on the right side of my throat that is sore . I can feel it when I swallow. When I looked in my throat just now I see a red round spot way deep down on the side it looks raised :scared15: I do not have tonsils . I'm scared

You can have redness from allergies or a cold.

always scared
31-12-19, 17:08
You can have redness from allergies or a cold.

but in one spot that looks like a circle

lofwyr
31-12-19, 17:17
Sounds like a canker sore. I get them there all the time, and they look and sound just like what you described.

always scared
31-12-19, 17:30
it's not white and doesn't look anything like a canker sore. I just looked in my mouth again. I do have a tiny bit of redness on left side but the right one is alot bigger and redder and I can feel it when I swallow

nomorepanic
31-12-19, 17:35
sounds like a typical sore throat to me

Liv7117
31-12-19, 23:29
Hi I was about to post about a very similar thing I’m experiencing- for the past two weeks I’ve been having a sharp pain in the right side of my throat. I’m not sure if I have a red spot there because I can’t see that far but it’s only on the right side and hurts so much to swallow or yawn. Does this sound similar to what you’re experiencing?

always scared
01-01-20, 00:36
Hi I was about to post about a very similar thing I’m experiencing- for the past two weeks I’ve been having a sharp pain in the right side of my throat. I’m not sure if I have a red spot there because I can’t see that far but it’s only on the right side and hurts so much to swallow or yawn. Does this sound similar to what you’re experiencing?

My throat seems more achy and sore I can feel the spot when I breath through my nose like its dry and irritated. It kinda feels raw and tight It's hard to describe And I also have post nasal drip. I think it's from acid reflux but I'm not sure. I don't have a cold

nomorepanic
01-01-20, 00:38
It still doesn't mean cancer though does it?

always scared
01-01-20, 01:15
It still doesn't mean cancer though does it?

I'm still worried and scared :weep:

Fishmanpa
01-01-20, 01:24
BUT this time it seems to be different.....

It was different when you feared dementia, ovarian cancer, colon cancer and all the other illnesses you feared. What's not different is your reaction to normal physical anomalies and symptoms :shrug: Being that none of your fears were realized, what should you be truly addressing?

Positive thoughts

always scared
01-01-20, 06:16
I was feeling a bit better and thinking a bit clearer and rationally and than I went on to read another post on here and now I'm freaking out again. When will this sh#% every end.

WiseMonkey
01-01-20, 06:25
Tiredness can cause one sided throat soreness and it can take a while to resolve.

always scared
01-01-20, 06:35
I don't know how much more I can take living in constant fear all the time. This is not living. I'm slowly dying one way or another. This constant fear that comes over me almost everyday is killing me. How can one person be so scared of death and getting help at the same time. I am paralyzed with fear. I'm terrified I have cancer but I'm also terrified to seek help. I see no way out. :weep:

always scared
01-01-20, 06:36
Tiredness can cause one sided throat soreness and it can take a while to resolve.

how is that even possible

nomorepanic
01-01-20, 13:04
I don't know how much more I can take living in constant fear all the time. This is not living. I'm slowly dying one way or another. This constant fear that comes over me almost everyday is killing me. How can one person be so scared of death and getting help at the same time. I am paralyzed with fear. I'm terrified I have cancer but I'm also terrified to seek help. I see no way out. :weep:
You need to get help - you can't carry on like this. Why are you terrified of help?

always scared
01-01-20, 18:09
You need to get help - you can't carry on like this. Why are you terrified of help?

Absolutely terrified of a cancer diagnoses. :weep: :scared15::wacko:

nomorepanic
01-01-20, 18:11
You don't have cancer.

I meant treatment for the anxiety not for the supposed illness

always scared
02-01-20, 23:05
You don't have cancer.

I meant treatment for the anxiety not for the supposed illness

I'm going to try to get myself to see my GP in the new year to see if I can start back up on my meds. I'm just scared that when she sees me she'll want to do a full check-up and blood work and I'm just scared. I also need to go to the dentist too. I've had such a bad toothache for 2 weeks now . I lost a filling and cracked my tooth. My fear of not wanting to go to the dentist is because i'm so scared of my throat issues and oral cancer. Yes I know I'm not being irrational but I just can't snap out of it.

nomorepanic
02-01-20, 23:19
Why not ask for some CBT type therapy than just medication.

You do need to get the tooth looked at - just bite the bullet and get it booked.

Fishmanpa
02-01-20, 23:41
As a Head and Neck cancer survivor, I find this thread extremely sad. It's like you want to be ill just to say "I told ya so" :(

Positive thoughts

always scared
03-01-20, 00:06
As a Head and Neck cancer survivor, I find this thread extremely sad. It's like you want to be ill just to say "I told ya so" :(

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa I am so sorry . It's the furthest from the truth. I wish you could feel what I feel. My mind is so messed up. I am truly terrified to the core of a life threatening diagnoses. I know it's not right but I just can't fix me :weep: I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you.

always scared
03-01-20, 00:24

Positive thoughts

My minds been pretty messed up since I lost my son. It's left me beyond broken. I've lost 3 very close family members to brain tumours my son included. Just last year a friend my age died of ALS. Another friend is battling ovarian cancer. Ive watched these people get diagnosed and fight for their lives to the bitter end. It changed me forever. I am a very scared lost person and all this eats away at me everyday. I don't know why I can't just do the right thing and go see a doctor but I just can't. I am truly very sorry I really don't come on here to upset people. I just come for some reassurance which does help at times.

Fishmanpa
03-01-20, 00:34
I'm truly so sorry for your loss. many here have been through similar situations and/or have been triggered by them. Looking back, I see this happened several years prior to you joining the forum in 2008. No doubt it affected you profoundly. That said, I noticed a large lapse in posting (nearly 9 years). What did you do to cope and address the issues from 2010 to 2019 and what happened to trigger your anxiety so severely last year?

Positive thoughts

always scared
03-01-20, 00:47
Fishmanpa
After my son's death I got lots of help from medications and family and friends. I went off my medications when I got pregnant with my daughter and never went back on them. I did manage for awhile but I slowly started to fall down the rabbit hole and never really being able to climb back out again. Something just snapped and I became very scared of doctors. Just stepping foot into a hospital or doctors office gives me panic attacks

Gary A
03-01-20, 01:36
Fishmanpa
After my son's death I got lots of help from medications and family and friends. I went off my medications when I got pregnant with my daughter and never went back on them. I did manage for awhile but I slowly started to fall down the rabbit hole and never really being able to climb back out again. Something just snapped and I became very scared of doctors. Just stepping foot into a hospital or doctors office gives me panic attacks

I sympathise deeply with your experience of this horrible illness, and it’s quite obviously your past that is putting you in this position of anxiety.

You said that you were generally doing good for 9 years, a very long time, when you were on medication. It’s only since you came off the meds that these issues started arising. The answer, for me anyway, is fairly obvious. Get back on the meds, or at the very least get some form of treatment.

I understand your concern of visiting a doctor, but they really aren’t there to give you a death sentence, they’re there to help you. You have to find that inner push, bring out your strength and take the step. Surely a few minutes of anxiety is worth enduring if it’s a first step in easing a lifetime of misery?

I do want to reiterate that I sympathise deeply with what’s went on in the past. Truly, that must have been awful. However, you survived. You got past events that can break the strongest of us. It’s now about looking ahead as much as you can. Believe me, if you keep looking back you’re going to trip up going forward.

Fishmanpa
03-01-20, 01:46
Nicely and eloquently said Gary... That's what I was getting at.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
03-01-20, 08:27
You need to see someone for grief counseling. You’ve had a lot of horrible losses and you’re obviously in survival mode. Have health anxiety after the loss of some to a tragic illness is quite common and so is some PTSD, but you gotta get treated for it. Meds and Therapy.

Ruth57
05-09-21, 20:33
Hi
I’ve been suffering from a tickle throat and dry cough for a month or so on and off… I’ve done the worst thing and consulted Dr google countless times over the last few days and now convinced myself I’ve got throat cancer. I saw my gp who has given me an inhaler as I have had asthma in the past but not for a long time. I never get coughs and it’s not a cold, I just can’t stop focusing on this blasted thing. Last year it was another Illness I imagined I had of course it wasn’t. I don’t have any other symptoms but can’t seem to believe it somehow. I just read that a tickle can be a sign of throat cancer… well that’s done it! I really should know better as a health Care professional! I really feel terrified… anyone else ?
Ruth xx

AntsyVee
05-09-21, 20:39
You need to see someone for grief counseling. You’ve had a lot of horrible losses and you’re obviously in survival mode. Have health anxiety after the loss of some to a tragic illness is quite common and so is some PTSD, but you gotta get treated for it. Meds and Therapy.

I'm going to say this again ^^^^^

utrocket09
05-09-21, 20:53
Hi
I’ve been suffering from a tickle throat and dry cough for a month or so on and off… I’ve done the worst thing and consulted Dr google countless times over the last few days and now convinced myself I’ve got throat cancer. I saw my gp who has given me an inhaler as I have had asthma in the past but not for a long time. I never get coughs and it’s not a cold, I just can’t stop focusing on this blasted thing. Last year it was another Illness I imagined I had of course it wasn’t. I don’t have any other symptoms but can’t seem to believe it somehow. I just read that a tickle can be a sign of throat cancer… well that’s done it! I really should know better as a health Care professional! I really feel terrified… anyone else ?
Ruth xx

I can tell you, my dad has had throat cancer within the last year. A tickle is not cancer.