PDA

View Full Version : Odd head pain behind and around right eye.

Deepseathree
01-01-20, 19:48
Lately I’ve been having an odd pain above and behind my right eye. I exercise regularly and can strain and not have the pain, but if I move my face a certain way or talk loud sometimes I can bring it out. I can regularly cause by moving my face though. Sometimes if I bend over it can happen, but for the most part, it’s unnoticeable during straining or exertion.

Of course being the hypochondriac, my first go to is an aneurysm. I don’t want to look anything up. I don’t know if this could be a sinus issue, or something related to lack of sleep. Just looking for feedback.

Happy New Year.

AntsyVee
01-01-20, 21:11
It is probably an ice pick migraine. These come around the temples, and they literally feel like someone is taking an ice pick to your face, but they only last a couple of seconds. They can be triggered by any of the common migraine triggers: temperature changes, weather changes, flashing lights, stress, sinus pressure, etc.

Good for you for not googling. If they last more than a couple of weeks, or you get any symptoms like fever, nausea, shortness of breath, then go into the doc.

ErinKC
02-01-20, 02:11
i get this now and then, too. I hold a lot of tension in my neck and jaw and I think it irritates the nerves/muscles in that area.

stressedanxious
06-09-20, 03:20
I had a sharp pain in my left eye yesterday. Now my left eye feels kinda heavy. Im so scared of the A word too. I literally can’t sleep in so worried . Did you ever find out what your eye pain was ?