PDA

View Full Version : got hospital tomorrow...ladies stuff (bit graphic..sorry)

happyone
30-09-07, 16:09
Hi,
I am going to hospital tomorrow...ladies stuff. My cervix is to be examined, biopsy taken and possible treatment.I have been fine about it but you guys know what it is like as things like this approaches.....ANX bloody ANX!

Part of the anx is not knowing. I have been told they may do treatment tomorrow, they may not, but to take painkillers before I go just in case:ohmy:
The thing is, if they were to do treatment I don't really know what it consists of. It could be laser or freezing:shrug: but I can't really prepare for what I don't know. It is all very odd really, I may or may not, I may be there 30 mins or up to 2 hours! From what my friend told me, even the biopsy is painful:huh: I got so worried about that the last time, I postponed the appt on the morning I was to go and have had to wait for this one cos I specifically requested a female.
A silly thing is making me anx too. I am due my period any time now. The letter says you have not to cancel because of this, but the thought of someone at my nethers...when it is the time of the month....yuk! I just keep of thinking of the scenario....you know what it is like just having to undress...but finding somewhere to put my.....you know...I think I will have to take disposal bags!
Then I am going away with my friend for the weekend on Fri and I am thinking "I hope pain doesn't last that long"
Then I have got shrink afterwards to discuss lithium I think and this is ANX bloody ANX producing as well! The letter re the hospital says that many women are tearful after the event. I can imagine me crying my eyes out and the shrink thinking I am in a really bad way!:blush:

Happyone
xx

Wilburis
30-09-07, 16:22
Hi

You poor thing, anticipation is an awful thing!!

I have had the examination and the procedure for abnormal cells. I had the hot wire (LEEP). I didnt feel a thing, they inject you down there with local anaesthetic. I was in a right state before mine, but they were all soooooooo nice and held my hand, etc. Once I was on the table I felt pretty calm!!

Personally, if they give you the choice of having the procedure done there and then or at a later date, I would have it down straight away.

I felt tearful afterwards - I think it was relief that it was all over.

Best of luck and Im sure youll be fine

Take care - Liz xx

happyone
30-09-07, 16:24
Oh thanks so much for that lizzie.:hugs: That really helps. If I get the choice, I will take the treatment right away.
Happyone
xx

belle
30-09-07, 16:33
Hi..
I've had that done too, twice! Like Lizzie i was really anxious prior (in the waiting room) but as soon as i got on the bed and my legs up i KNEW i had to remain as relaxed as possible otherwise it would hurt. I did my "in labour" breathing and thankfully it was okay. A little uncomfortable yes, painful no.

GOOD LUCK :)

x

Piglet
30-09-07, 17:02
Like Bluebell says practice your breathing nice and slow and calm!!!

Take your kunzite and hold it in your hand and imagine you are floating and let go of any muscles you are tensing. You know so many of us will have to deal with this procedure as a result of an abnormal smear - I know at least 5 friends who have.

Also do tell them how you feel cos once you say it it tends to dispel it - don't pretend it's a walk in the park cos who we trying to kid, noone likes having their hidden treasure pillaged so bloody well tell them and you'll find you will get support and reassurance that will really help it be over and done with in no time.

Think of plenty of good scrabble words that you can use!!!!! :yesyes:

Will be with you in spirit hun and text me if you want to ok!

Love Piglet :flowers:

pips
30-09-07, 17:06
Wishing you all the best for tommorrow.:flowers:

Take Care,:hugs:

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X X

nanny
30-09-07, 17:13
Hi
I have had the "hotwire" treatment too, and like you was petrified before going there:ohmy:
But like all the other ladies who have replied my experience was good. They were so kind, i think you will find all the embarrassment goes when you are in there. The nurse stays with you all the time, holds your hand and i was told to sit down have a little rest and given a cuppa after.

I know it's hard but please take faith from what people have told you and it may make the worrying less.

I'll be thinking of you. :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:

Coni
30-09-07, 17:31
Best of luck for tomorrow Happyone, Ive never had this (touch wood) but I can imagine how anxious you are....but I think the staff will expect that. The advice about breathing seems good (always a good idea to breathe lol....sorry didnt mean to sound flippant:blush: )...as an ex midwife, breathing seems to work well in situations of this nature, and gives you something to focus on.

I'll be thinking of you...and remember that this time tomorrow it'll be over.

luv Coni XX:hugs:

happyone
30-09-07, 17:39
Thanks guys,
it does help knowing others have had it. I was sooooooooo cool about it until my friend said it hurt. I am always ok with smears and things. I know what the prob is and I don't think there is anything sinister at all...it is purely the procedure.
Coni

The advice about breathing seems good (always a good idea to breathe lol....sorry didnt mean to sound flippant:blush: )...
this did make me laugh! I was getting reiki a couple of months back and it was the first time anyone other than my friend had done it. I was very uptight and I could feel a faint coming on which in turn led to me thinkig full blown panic attack was immnent. The reiki lady leant over me and gently said in a real broad Midlands accent "You gotta remember to breathe luv!" I was so tense I was underbreathing and getting faint. I sort of caught up with one big gulp in and out!
Right...off to look out my hospital underwear now!
happyone
xx

groovygranny
30-09-07, 17:44
Hello Happyone,

Well, I haven't had this particular treatment - but did have a small growth removed which was 'bunging up' my cervix so to speak!

It wasn't planned, because it wasn't found until I had a 'search and destroy' examination by a very nice Nigerian Gyno Man, (blimey I make it sound as though he worked for Dyno-Rod!) who gave me the choice of having it done there and then or waiting for another appointment as a day case.

Well, being as I am a head-case I decided to opt for the 'there and then' to get it over with, even though I was shaking like a leaf and thought my heart would just jump out of my chest.

I had gone because of experiencing pain with certain 'activities' :blush:, so when he held up the offending article after he had removed it (quite painlessly) and said "all is well mrs - you may now resume enjoyment of marriage! would you like to keep it in a jar?" well, I nearly fell off the ruddy table with shock lol !! The nurse just didn't know where to look as I said "no thank you very much - you may keep it".

To this day I don't know if my 'polyp' was used as a visual aid for medical students or just flushed down the toilet!

Anyway, like everyone else, I just want to reassure you and say that I will be thinking of you tomorrow.... and this time tomorrow it'll all be over eh?!

big hugs to you

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

honeybee3939
30-09-07, 17:45
Hi Happy !!

Just wanted to wish you good luck for tommo too hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: !! As im not too good at hospitals im afraid my advice wont be any use !!!:ohmy: lol

You will be in my thoughts tommo Happy!:hugs: :hugs:

http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/gen_luck/1012-004-38-1036.gif

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxxx

jodie
30-09-07, 18:25
hi

i to have had this done when i went i has c.i.n 1 firt changes i think he sead i could leave it and get tested agane in 3 months to see if it had gone or get it taken away there and then like you i was very scared and panicy but i had the cells taken away (hotwire)there and then do you know i felt nothink at all not a thing it took about 20 mins from going in to coming out .
he found out i had the cells by just spraying on some dye it took 2 mins to do i got a shock when he sead all done
this might make you laugh hehe when i was on the bed to my left was a tv i thought it was to watch to tae your mind away from it omg was i wrong lmao it was my bloody cervix that was on there lmao that did make me feel a bit sick lol so dont look to your left lmao
but realy it was all ok no pain ect i even walked home after !

hope it all gose well as i am sure it will hun xx

jodie xx

luc
30-09-07, 18:37
GG, this story really made me laugh. As someone with HA stories like this are great as they higlight the less sinister side of 'health problems' - cheers.

margaret911
30-09-07, 19:10
Good luck for tomorrow Happyone, will be thinking of you.

love Mags xxxxx

luc
30-09-07, 19:13
sorry happyone, forgot to say good luck for tommorrow

nadine xxx

happyone
30-09-07, 19:35
I am going to have to be careful tomorrow....I will think of some of these replies and giggle.....maybe the speculum or whatever will get lost!!!!
Thank you so so much folks.
:hugs: for all of you!
Happyone
xxxx

Quirky
01-10-07, 03:04
Happyone - So sorry I missed this post earlier - I rarely check through all new posts every time I log on.

Anyway good luck for tomorrow mate :hugs:

Lisa x

happyone
01-10-07, 10:17
Wow...it took hardly anytime at all!
I went in and got taken right away. The doc was very nice and explained what she may or may not do. I was cool as cucumber.
So.......legs in stirrups.......no I was not horse riding.....she starts her stuff and I start to shake! Reall whole body stuff and she tells me I will be ok etc etc but I can't stop! So she asks me if it is ok if the nurse holds me steady while she does the stuff! I could hardly say "no" .....actually I could hardly speak never mind say NO! so there she is holding my thighs to stop me shaking and she painted me!!!(I look lovely with a nice tint of iodine yellow!), biopsied me, swbbed me and cauterised me! It was uncomfy but not painful! Once she had finished, I cried a little and the nurse gave me a hug, which was nice. ...then the cramps that she had warned me about started....oooh er!
So, a return in 3 months and hopefully it will be ok but I might need a different type of cauterisation on some of it, but the other kind is less uncomfortable I believe as you get a local anaesthetic.
I left and was so excited by getting through it without much major ado, I texted Piglet....but what I really wanted to do was share the instructions the nurse gave me
"No sex for 48 hours or it will hurt your partner....not you though!"................Happyone rapidly goes into manic phase and forgets everything nurse has said
"Hubby darling.....come upstairs......"...............hee hee......I wouldn't!......or would I:winks:
Piglet hun, thank you again for the distraction last night. You are a wee gem! (or a wee crystal!) BTW, I did take my kunzite, I wore it. Been wearing it every day recently.
Thank you all for your support:hugs:

Happyone
xxxxxx

Wilburis
01-10-07, 10:21
!!!well done!!!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lizzie xx

manmoor
01-10-07, 10:22
Oh Happy that did make me laugh hun lol :hugs: so glad you survived your ordeal :D and ain't that Piglet wummin fab too. xxxxx

yorkylover
01-10-07, 10:28
Well Done xxxxxxxx

Piglet
01-10-07, 10:47
You made me well laugh this morning hun, which was good cos I had a peice of mueseli caught in a back tooth and that dislodged it nicely, so ta!!!

You were well brave this morning to part with your pants!!!

I'm wearing me kunzite too hun and I really feel an affinity with this stone same as my smoky quartz!!!

Catch you in a while - well done love. :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
01-10-07, 12:01
Hi Happy !!

WELL DONE Matey !!Glad you have been and got it over with !!, and for that you can have one of very special bravery stickers !!!

http://www.brainwaves.net/asps/uploads/thumb/1072-1.jpg
Proud of you Happy as always:hugs: :hugs:

Love
Andrea
xxxxxx

pips
01-10-07, 12:09
A HUGE http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_118.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)to you.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X

Quirky
01-10-07, 13:43
I was looking on your other thread on this to see how you'd done lol and didn't see this so didn't realise you'd been and were back:blush:

Anyway a huge well done mate, sooooooooo proud of you :yesyes:

I hope you're not too sore - and as for hubby you wicked wicked girl - but I like it :winks: Only joking lol.

Lisa x

anxious
01-10-07, 14:17
Well done you :)

love anx xx

Coni
01-10-07, 17:41
Wow happyone...a huge well done to you!!!
You should be very proud of yourself!
luv Coni XX :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

kilvosa
01-10-07, 18:12
Hi There
Hope youre hospital appointment went ok thoughts were with you. Let us know how you did?
Take care Annexx

happyone
01-10-07, 18:21
Hi thanks,
I posted this on another thread, sorry, I should have just stayedhere!

Wow...it took hardly anytime at all!
I went in and got taken right away. The doc was very nice and explained what she may or may not do. I was cool as cucumber.
So.......legs in stirrups.......no I was not horse riding.....she starts her stuff and I start to shake! Reall whole body stuff and she tells me I will be ok etc etc but I can't stop! So she asks me if it is ok if the nurse holds me steady while she does the stuff! I could hardly say "no" .....actually I could hardly speak never mind say NO! so there she is holding my thighs to stop me shaking and she painted me!!!(I look lovely with a nice tint of iodine yellow!), biopsied me, swbbed me and cauterised me! It was uncomfy but not painful! Once she had finished, I cried a little and the nurse gave me a hug, which was nice. ...then the cramps that she had warned me about started....oooh er!
So, a return in 3 months and hopefully it will be ok but I might need a different type of cauterisation on some of it, but the other kind is less uncomfortable I believe as you get a local anaesthetic.
I left and was so excited by getting through it without much major ado, I texted Piglet....but what I really wanted to do was share the instructions the nurse gave me
"No sex for 48 hours or it will hurt your partner....not you though!"................Happyone rapidly goes into manic phase and forgets everything nurse has said
"Hubby darling.....come upstairs......"...............hee hee......I wouldn't!......or would I:winks:
Piglet hun, thank you again for the distraction last night. You are a wee gem! (or a wee crystal!) BTW, I did take my kunzite, I wore it. Been wearing it every day recently.
Thank you all for your support:hugs:

Happyone
xxxxxx

happyone
xxx

nanny
01-10-07, 18:27
Really pleased for you happyone.

It wasn't as bad as you thought and you came out of still having a sense of humour...GOOD FOR YOU :yesyes:

groovygranny
01-10-07, 19:37
http://glittertexten.animaatjes.nl/img/WOOHOO257E14_20316_www-animaatjes-nl.gif......well done you!!

Real glad it wasn't as bad for you as you thought it would be, Happyone!

And, if you're not online for a while......you naughty happyone :noangel:.....

.....we know where you'll be !!!!:ohmy::blush:!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

kazzie
01-10-07, 21:04
WELL DONE HAPPY:flowers:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

margaret911
01-10-07, 21:08
Well done happy, glad you got through it in one piece. Take care.

love Mags xxxx

Quirky
02-10-07, 00:02
OMG someone was spying on you! lol

http://content.cdlib.org/xtf/data/13030/z5/ft967nb5z5/figures/ft967nb5z5_00012.gif

Seriously mate you did really well today, proud of you. Hope hubby is ok :winks:

Lisa x

Karen
02-10-07, 00:07
Well done Happyone :yesyes: You were so brave :hugs:

Karen xx