PDA

View Full Version : Inhaled a piece of food

GRVY
02-01-20, 22:48
Yesterday evening I was eating and my daughter made me laugh. I accidentally inhaled a piece of the meat I was chewing. I coughed as reflex several times and continued on my way. All lastly night I kept coughing like I had a tickle down my throat. Today I am still coughing and my upper chest is sore, not muscular, and the base part of throat above collar bone is sore. I can feel a bit unwell but not terrible. Is it possible a piece of meat got through to my lungs? I felt fine all day yesterday and didn’t feel unwell until this incident.

GRVY
02-01-20, 23:09
The pain is like a tight feeling. Last night I just had the cough. This morning still had the cough and it has gradually turned in to pain in my chest

nomorepanic
02-01-20, 23:17
There is no way we can know but personally I think you will be fine.

GRVY
03-01-20, 00:05
I was just looking to see if anyone has ever had this happen and how did it resolve. Kinda feels like that feeling you get when you eat something and it goes down really slowly. It feels like that but constant.

Gary A
03-01-20, 01:40
The pain is probably muscular due to the force of coughing, and the continued cough is most likely due to irritation. It’s unlikely in the extreme that food has actually entered your lung.

katniss
03-01-20, 06:09
I have had this before.. and you do get a really weird feeling in your chest and all. Recently had this while drinking soup actually and I coughed up the liquid and coughed quite a bit after too- it’s normal though, you need your body to respond this way

GRVY
04-01-20, 00:00
My throat is less itchy and I am not coughing as much. My chest doesn’t hurt anymore but it feels heavy if that makes sense. Like someone sitting on it. I am thinking it might be muscular from coughing. My wife has also said she has been feeling tightness in her chest and sinus pressure. I don’t have any sinus pressure or stuffiness. Gonna see how I feel tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

glassgirlw
04-01-20, 00:42
For what it’s worth the cold I’m currently battling started with a tight heavy chest - then went into sinus pressure. So if your wife already had some sinus issues happening it’s possible you’re catching a bug that just happened to coincide with your meat issue

GRVY
07-01-20, 21:32
Well apparently it was because i was sick. Like a person mentioned above, I started with a tight chest and now I have a headache and kind of stuffy. Now I have been coughing so bad and hard that I get a blinding pain behind my right eye and temple everytime I cough. Trying not read into that one. Lol