PDA

View Full Version : Words

maz55
30-09-07, 20:28
Hi

Am in the middle of major anxiety attack, been going for about a week, or two I gave up smoking really, went to see my doc and he gave me a really good piece of advice, after I had told him all my symptons, he said dont call them symptons, as that word is associated with illness and disease, try callling them sensations, as a sensastion shows you that you are alive, have tried doing this and it does help, so lets have sensations instead.

maz55
30-09-07, 20:44
Just re read that & didnt make any sense meant to say, have been having anxiety really badly since giving up smoking about 3 weeks ago, did any one else get this on giving up smoking?

judipat
30-09-07, 21:03
Hi Maz
Well done for giving up smoking. I really want to give up, but my anxiety is really bad at the moment and I dont think I could cope.
Sensations are a good way of looking at anxiety symptoms, however, mine feel much more than just sensations to me !!! Anyway, whatever helps you is good - we all have different ways of coping and that why this site is so good - I have learnt so much since discovering it.
Take care
Judi

nomorepanic
30-09-07, 23:28
Some people have been told not to give up smoking whilst acute with anxiety as it makes them worse!