PDA

View Full Version : Help please health anxiety attack

Luffy
04-01-20, 05:48
My heart is going so fast now and I feel like my heads buzzing from not being able to breathe right. It's been a horrible couple of months and now just an hour ago I caught a man breaking into my granddads car. He threatened my mum and I after we went out to him and have called the police.
I'm terrified and having a terrible attack right now and with my health anxiety making me think I've got heart problems isn't helping. I don't want to tell my family because on top of this and a month ago having to give my nan cpr and my Mum losing her job they have enough to worry about.
Please help

glassgirlw
04-01-20, 05:56
Breathe slowly. In through your nose, count to 7 while you’re inhaling. Exhale through your mouth slowly, counting to seven as you do. Repeat this, only focusing on your breath and the numbers you’re counting. This sounds really solly, but it does work and slows your heart rate too which is great for heart worriers like me. It will be ok.

ankietyjoe
04-01-20, 10:39
Fear not. Confronting a burglar is a massive stress and your heart will beat fast. That's what it's supposed to do.

You're experiencing appropriate anxiety, and our bodies are designed to work this way.

ErinKC
04-01-20, 13:00
You've had a lot of real stress recently! That's always the biggest trigger for my anxiety. I was doing wonderfully until my daughter got sick last month and ended up in the hospital. It was also i the middle of my first semester law school exams so stress was off the charts! The week after, when everything settled, I suddenly started getting horrible panic attacks almost every day. That then morphed back into health anxiety. Is there anyone you an talk to? Even a friend? That tends to help me get out of my own head, which is essential to breaking the anxiety cycle.