PDA

View Full Version : Birthday plans

phil06
05-01-20, 22:49
As many of you know I had a stag last year booked an ex footballer signed a contract but it fell through as they wanted cash in advance of the event. It caused divided opinion with my family who felt I was showing off. So a year later I have booked the same venue but for a birthday (not mine) I have photos and video being done like before but it’s really on my bucket list to meet a footballer? Why I want to discuss football in depth and these reality soap stars do nothing for me. Last time I mentioned a footballer people moaned on forums too. But yeah just looking for sensible advice as it’s the actual booking and fearing a backlash that’s causing me some anxiety but perhaps people can sympathise with my regret from 2019? Most of these things mean going via agents and this year one mentioned they would only come for half an hour which isn’t long.

venusbluejeans
05-01-20, 23:08
No idea what your question is here Phil and how you want people to respond to you?

phil06
05-01-20, 23:14
No idea what your question is here Phil and how you want people to respond to you?

Well I worry about the backlash from my mother as will trigger my anxiety. The ocd stops me living life to the full last time I booked it I got doubts and cancelled for whatever reason. I will be honest and say anything my mum says I don’t do like she moaned about me going private for CBT sure I still done it but her opinion causes me anxiety

nomorepanic
05-01-20, 23:15
Can you not just go to a pub and have a meal - why all the big show stuff?

phil06
05-01-20, 23:19
Can you not just go to a pub and have a meal - why all the big show stuff?

Sure like I had this debate last year and people said that about my stag but everybody had a great time that’s the thing I don’t regret it I just wish I could do it all over again.

nomorepanic
05-01-20, 23:21
But do we really need to go back here again and post it on here?

Just go and do what you want - you really don't need our input on this AGAIN - you know it just causes arguments and friction

phil06
05-01-20, 23:25
But do we really need to go back here again and post it on here?

Just go and do what you want - you really don't need our input on this AGAIN - you know it just causes arguments and friction

Yes you are correct.

Perhaps I was more asking about the tension with my mum as she also stops me doing more private CBT. I fear her opinion in a way I need her approval. I fear this is what causes me the anxiety and stops me making a choice. If she approved my anxiety would go down and I’d book? She said people would laugh at me bit harsh but she is very old school.

pulisa
06-01-20, 14:14
She's probably looking out for you and appreciates that you are vulnerable. Personally I'd never want to buy a footballer's time or anyone else's for that matter but I'm probably from your mother's generation so "old school" in your eyes. Who is this footballer anyway? Ally McCoist? Gazza?

Scass
06-01-20, 14:19
I think it’s your party and your decision and also whether you think the party would benefit from it. If you choose to have a footballer then please just stand up and own your decision, anxiety or not.

Elen
06-01-20, 14:39
I think it’s your party and your decision and also whether you think the party would benefit from it. If you choose to have a footballer then please just stand up and own your decision, anxiety or not.

This is not Phil's birthday. I think that it could be his wife's.

Phil he will not be interested in having an in depth discussion about football, especially if he is only there for half an hour, he is interested in the money.

I agree that it sounds as though your Mum is trying to look out for you, but at the end of the day you will make your own decision and nothing said here will make any difference.

BlueIris
06-01-20, 15:30
Can't believe I'm weighing in, but Phil, don't use your wife's birthday to accomplish your own goals. Only a dick would do something like that. Don't be a dick.

Carys
06-01-20, 15:33
Oh we are back to Phil's wife's birthday...and basically yeah, what Blue says above ^

By the way, I would laugh at someone who paid for a minor (or any celeb) to attend a social event.

phil06
06-01-20, 18:48
I paid a comedian who was actually an ex footballer (non famous) for my stag. But he was a well known comedian still.

People spend lots on parties these days. It looks unlikely I can go ahead as the agents are messing me about saying they can only come 30 mins which is hardly worth the cash. When I posted about it for my stag the person was going to come all night which atleast makes it worth the money. But obviously I am worried about my mums opinion aswell.

I am surprised people like family moan at me when I booked singers and so forth for the wedding and stag these things have made me happy and given me great pleasure in listening music and picking songs. For years I enjoyed going to pubs watching bands it has been fantastic to book stuff myself which I see as my hobby fund cash after I pay bills. I realise the problem with the footballer is people think it’s a bit flash.

So yes it’s a wait and see. I would say it’s unlikely though as these agents always fire random names at me when I say Im
not happy and that’s not how it should be.

phil06
06-01-20, 18:50

Yes that’s what I need to do. I suffer the exact same anxiety about booking flights ect I doubt my decision which results in lots of anxiety. It’s the anxiety I need to deal with better.

Carys
06-01-20, 19:00
I realise the problem with the footballer is people think it’s a bit flash.

No, thats not the problem. Its crass, vacuous, tasteless, misguided and just revolting to think of wanting to pay someone to come along to your WIFE'S party (and she has no interest in football at all). Celebrity worship makes me wanna puke.. In my opinion a footballer is no better or different to any other person, their achievements are just their job and the fact that you are placing them on a pedestal where they are worthy of being PAID to come along just to try and vainly impress people is really unpleasant.

BlueIris
06-01-20, 19:06
The problem with the footballer is that this isn't your party. Pay somebody who was once paid to kick a ball around on your own special day.

Scass
06-01-20, 19:06
This is not Phil's birthday. I think that it could be his wife's.

Phil he will not be interested in having an in depth discussion about football, especially if he is only there for half an hour, he is interested in the money.

I agree that it sounds as though your Mum is trying to look out for you, but at the end of the day you will make your own decision and nothing said here will make any difference.

Does Phil’s wife like football?

Phil does your wife like football?!

Carys
06-01-20, 19:07
NO she doesn't apparently Scass, the reason I am able to reply so quickly and easily about this is that Phil has simply started a new thread about something that has been discussed in great detail a while ago.

phil06
06-01-20, 19:15
No, thats not the problem. Its crass, vacuous, tasteless, misguided and just revolting to think of wanting to pay someone to come along to your WIFE'S party (and she has no interest in football at all). Celebrity worship makes me wanna puke.. In my opinion a footballer is no better or different to any other person, their achievements are just their job and the fact that you are placing them on a pedestal where they are worthy of being PAID to come along just to try and vainly impress people is really unpleasant.

I am already paying a few singers video and photo so what difference would it make. There isn’t anything wrong with paying for people because nothing in life is free. Sure I can use a camera phone but my stag photos were very good the pub puts pics up every weekend so I got the idea from that.

BlueIris
06-01-20, 19:16
Are you capable of understanding the concept of it being your wife's birthday and not yours?

phil06
06-01-20, 19:17
NO she doesn't apparently Scass, the reason I am able to reply so quickly and easily about this is that Phil has simply started a new thread about something that has been discussed in great detail a while ago.

I don’t remember making any comment on if she likes football or if it’s her birthday. It doesn’t matter who’s night out it is my stag was MY night and I had the same responses and that was a night out for me

phil06
06-01-20, 19:18
Are you capable of understanding the concept of it being your wife's birthday and not yours?

Where did I say it was her birthday though?

Carys
06-01-20, 19:18

A very clear and exceptionally valid question Blue.

We have been here before and as I recall Phil didn't seem able to actually consider doing something that bore relation to the types of things his wife liked/was interested in though.

Where did I say it was her birthday though?

In a much earlier thread, a couple of months ago.

phil06
06-01-20, 19:20
A very clear and exceptionally valid question Blue.

We have been here before and as I recall Phil didn't seem able to actually consider doing something that bore relation to the types of things his wife liked/was interested in though.

In a much earlier thread, a couple of months ago.

She does have a birthday but it doesn’t matter who’s night out it’s for it could be my sisters 40th that is also this year. People tried to make my stag about my wife too.

phil06
06-01-20, 19:24
And nobody knows my wife or family so nobody can comment on if she likes football or if my family like it. They could love or hate it but I never said. I said before this isn’t about my wife it’s something I want to book. Interestingly my partner has a sister and he (her husband) booked stuff or her birthday at one point too. It does happen not everybody plans there own birthday Infact most of these things are often a surprise.

Carys
06-01-20, 19:25
Ha ha ! No clearly it really doesn't MATTER who the party is for, from your perspective Phil. Its about YOU and what you want.

And nobody knows my wife or family so nobody can comment on if she likes football

You seem to forget Phil - you have blogged your life on here for 14 years, so you have told us she doesn't like football in the past. You have told us all about her party and your plans.

phil06
06-01-20, 19:30
Ha ha ! No clearly it really doesn't MATTER who the party is for, from your perspective Phil. Its about YOU and what you want.

You forget you have blogged your life on here for 14 years, so you have told us she doesn't like football in the past.

I don’t remember. People get into football I use to hate football when I was 16/17. Then I changed. My partner has been to football matches with me as long as 5/6 years ago so I don’t follow that opinion. What I DID say was she wasn’t supportive of my choice to book one for my stag as she worried about the cost.

And yeah she doesn’t suffer anxiety so offcourse it’s about me I’m here for some help about my anxiety about these issues. But as I said it looks unlikely I will go ahead due to agents messing me about. If this happens perhaps I may have to go to sportsman dinners and do it another way. I realise not everything in life goes to plan.

brucealmighty
06-01-20, 19:41
there are a lot of ex professionals who would turn up for a donation to charity of their choice, I`d have a look on twitter or similar and see who`s about.
I`ve been to various sportsmans dinner / charity signing type events and once the `ooh theres so and so` has worn off they are usually good hearted people trying to help one way or another

phil06
06-01-20, 19:44
there are a lot of ex professionals who would turn up for a donation to charity of their choice, I`d have a look on twitter or similar and see who`s about.
I`ve been to various sportsmans dinner / charity signing type events and once the `ooh theres so and so` has worn off they are usually good hearted people trying to help one way or another

True Twitter is maybe more direct rather than via agents I just feel a bit embrassed asking in a public place but I guess I have nothing to lose.

MyNameIsTerry
06-01-20, 22:02
The question is, and only ever will be, - what does the person who's birthday this is actually want? We've been here before and you said you wanted something for yourself as well as for others so why not book your own present. That's up to you but as long as it's not at the cost, and that includes the attention on the night, of the person who the night should revolve around.

If I was at a party where someone booked a footballer for someone who never wanted one I would question who was booking and why. You can book the footballer to come to your own events any day of the year so why use someone elses's event for it? How will they feel about that? You are worried your mum thinks it's stupid but you don't seem concerned how the person the event revolves around will feel about it.

It's not my thing, flash maybe but I'm with Carys on this one as I find it more about bragging and status. It's one for the Facebook/Twitter types who spend their days uploading pics of their dinner or sending out updates on how their house is or their new car.

venusbluejeans
06-01-20, 23:03
It's not my thing, flash maybe but I'm with Carys on this one as I find it more about bragging and status. It's one for the Facebook/Twitter types who spend their days uploading pics of their dinner or sending out updates on how their house is or their new car.

Especially when most people on social media wouldn't even care or probaby even know who the 'famous' footballer is

Fishmanpa
07-01-20, 01:14
https://media.giphy.com/media/tXNEp3VRiAUx2/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
07-01-20, 03:52
Especially when most people on social media wouldn't even care or probaby even know who the 'famous' footballer is

True. And this is something that phil needs to consider when his mum says she would laugh or be embarassed. To me inviting an ex footballer would be akin to inviting Katie Price.

Some people are going to laugh at you unless you all share the same interests. That's just life.

pulisa
07-01-20, 08:33
I'm sure you wouldn't turn down a birthday visit from La Vorderman, Terry...:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
08-01-20, 04:22
I'm sure you wouldn't turn down a birthday visit from La Vorderman, Terry...:winks:

I've tried but since her bum lifts (sorry, I mean all those squats she's been doing to shape only that one part of the body overnight :whistles:) I've been struggling to find a cake she can actually jump out of. :biggrin:

phil06
09-01-20, 19:38
So the situation is I am highly unlikely to get an ex footballer now due to my emails not being replied to or people being unavailable. I had an agent mess me about something awful so money saved it seems.

I wasn’t going to blog on social media about it due to my ocd about not wanting to put special birthdays on Facebook. However I am inclined just to put it all up singers and everything since people thought an ex footballer was flash what the heck have I got to lose? It might just annoy them a bit more blogging it..

But I am not having a good time of social media right make I did try and add a few from work but they never accepted so I cancelled so I’ve been trying to rein in from social media.

That said the fact people got on there high horse about a footballer no different to booking a magician or comedian or artist it makes no odds. I believe people felt it was too flash. I know her mum already thinks what we are doing is extravagant so why don’t I just blog it it might not be what I want for my ocd but it might annoy a few people as they may feel it is still flash

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-20, 04:28
But that's life, phil! Some people go to nightclubs, and pay over the odds, for a glimpse of Katie Price talking about what she did on some bloke's nob 20 years ago. Some find this interesting, others think it's bloody stupid.

We aren't born into echo chambers. You have to learn to deal with differences of opinion...despite how some today think the world should work around them than you work around the world.

I would think it naff to invite an ex footballer but someone who grew up watching him play might find it interesting to have a personal chat (one which you have to pay for the privilege of). It's that person's prerogative how they spend their money on themselves.

But here is the thing we are all saying in this thread -------> it's not your event. It's like how some people buy themselves a present on someone else's birthday or buying a present you can enjoy when the only focus should be on getting the person what they want.

It won't annoy people, well some might be annoyed just as they would seeing something in a newspaper or on TV, but they will more likely look at it as daft. When it comes to money and status there can also be ego and envy involved on both sides. But then if you blog your life on social media you must expect the fallout that comes with it just as you would if you printed 500 posters saying how great you were one night or how much you spent on xyz and plastered them all over town...someone is bound to draw a nob on your head on at least one poster because that's what some people are like.

I've just eaten an entire Cadburys Chocolate Orange. It's not healthy, its greedy and you can all tell me I'm a pig but I don't care!!! :yesyes: (See how it works, phil? I still ate it knowing I'm going to get a mixture of "you lucky devil" and "you fat pig" back but that's my fault as I plastered it online :doh:)

phil06
10-01-20, 11:03
Yes I get what you are saying. I am just sick of social media though someone up a post of who likes your posts and it was a stadium full of people vs a stadium with a handful which is very true.

I have had some difficulties with her parents for a while they favour the other guys partner (her sister) he’s a drunk and lazy guy but they (her dad) once called me a waster despite me being hard working pay my own mortgage ect my partner was very annoyed at them for this. They said she has a horrible life only a few days ago because I have ocd? That’s a bit harsh again she strongly disagrees and says she is happy.

So what was the ocd well they came visiting we never put the wheelie bin out so they went out and I noticed my bin was on the street they came home and it was gone. They assumption was it was a neighbour as she possibly does this but I got worried it was her mum? Logically it could have been her sister or my partner but my ocd went with it being her mum but she has denied it was her. But obviously I never believed it but she shouldn’t be hating me for having ocd (her mum)

They save money and shop in Aldi and sit with the heating off so we believe they are jealous that we spend our money on nice holidays rather than save. Also I have a nice house they never approved of us moving and wanted us to stay in the old flat. My sisters partner is annoyed her birthday night out would be better than the one planned for his partner he is worried the same guests won’t go which is not true as they said they will. He wouldn’t work out on his first choice venue as like her parents they don’t spend a penny.

On the other hand my parents see we are happy and glad we enjoy our money and there is no jealousy with anybody not even our friends. But yes perhaps I could put on Facebook maybe it will annoy them or perhaps I will step back and keep
it private it’s such a trivial matter but it causes me lots of anxiety

phil06
17-02-20, 23:27
I am still suffering anxiety about the social media side of things. One days I decide I will post about my partners birthday and other days I decide it’s best not to? What do I do? The last time I did this I had a worry about putting I was in Amsterdam on Facebook in the end I did post but this event isn’t until June so the anxiety kicks in? Also I added a few work colleagues in my new shop a few months back but none accepted so I cancelled should I try adding other ones now or leave it? My ocd makes me worry I spoke to them before and it’s tainted. I worry I have spoke to one of the performers at my partners birthday too when I was single as she is on a dating site. How can I get over this social media anxiety? My worry is if I don’t post the anxiety wins?

phil06
18-02-20, 18:49
Also I read a famous singer started in bars 3 years ago and is now playing London’s o2 perhaps I need to blog this on social media just incase he becomes famous as the guy I booked is already in hmv? Any thoughts?

Carys
18-02-20, 21:11
Why do you need to use social media to blog your life ? If it makes you so anxious, then just leave it well alone. Its not a necessity in life to write down everything for the public domain, I don't share my life on the likes of FB, many others don't.

Why does it matter that the guy you've booked might become famous and you've logged that on social media ? I genuinely don't understand your obsession with celebrities/ possible celebrities and treating famous people as gods.

phil06
18-02-20, 21:23
Why do you need to use social media to blog your life ? If it makes you so anxious, then just leave it well alone. Its not a necessity in life to write down everything for the public domain, I don't share my life on the likes of FB, many others don't.

Why does it matter that the guy you've booked might become famous and you've logged that on social media ? I genuinely don't understand your obsession with celebrities/ possible celebrities and treating famous people as gods.

You are correct but I post much less than I use to. I notice other people post much less too but I have been in a dilemma about it as I wanted a quiet private event so I wasn’t keen to share. My partner on the other hand does want to share and it will be shared with about 30 mutual friends.

I only really put something on Facebook if it’s a holiday or gig. So should I focus less on social media? I find it hard to unplug from it with all the media pressures of social media. Do you think it’s fine to not blog your life I mean people do it less now than they did at the start of social media?

Carys
18-02-20, 21:34
Do you think it’s fine to not blog your life I mean people do it less now than they did at the start of social media?

Oh course its fine Phil, you can do what you like, there are no rules saying you have to share things on social media. Blogging/documenting things on social media is a life choice, and you can simply choose not to. I have never done it, I share memes, news articles and jokes now and again, but don't add anything about my private life. Nothing, absolutely nothing. I have noticed that FB is now for the older generation it seems and youngsters are using different platforms, but I still think that there has been a down-turn in people generally documenting their lives for all and sundry to see. Maybe I'm from the generation where this type of thing didn't even exist, but I know plenty of people 2 generations below me who feel the same way - I like privacy and don't feel the need to have people I have 'collected' viewing my thoughts, feelings, things I'm doing and people I'm seeing. If it makes you uncomfortable, then its a really simple thing to just stop.

phil06
18-02-20, 22:58
Oh course its fine Phil, you can do what you like, there are no rules saying you have to share things on social media. Blogging/documenting things on social media is a life choice, and you can simply choose not to. I have never done it, I share memes, news articles and jokes now and again, but don't add anything about my private life. Nothing, absolutely nothing. I have noticed that FB is now for the older generation it seems and youngsters are using different platforms, but I still think that there has been a down-turn in people generally documenting their lives for all and sundry to see. Maybe I'm from the generation where this type of thing didn't even exist, but I know plenty of people 2 generations below me who feel the same way - I like privacy and don't feel the need to have people I have 'collected' viewing my thoughts, feelings, things I'm doing and people I'm seeing. If it makes you uncomfortable, then its a really simple thing to just stop.

True I get that but why is it suddenly causing me anxiety I worry it’s another one of these anxiety/ocd winning when I choose not to fly, touch the garden, touch ect? I mean if I don’t put these pressures on myself like social media and flying I admit my anxiety is lower but I worry I am being controlled by anxiety?

Carys
19-02-20, 09:31
Hmmm, ok, I see that point Phil - and I'm not sure how to respond to be honest. I'll try, but maybe someone else can help.

There are some things in life where the anxiety has impact which stops you functioning, e.g. the germs and garden, and there are some things which make no difference if you stop them or not as they are just 'extras'. For example, I am terrified of flying but its stopped me going on nice holidays, so I've worked on flying twice this year. I have always found meat repulsive for a variety of reasons and it made me anxious to eat it, so have been vegetarian for 20 years. Theres no reason that I should 'tackle' my feelings about meat, they are personal life choices and can easily be adapted for. Thats how I view social media - some people like it, some people don't, some people use it, some people don't, some people avoid it like the plague. Its not important that you 'learn to like social media', its not a critical part of life, infact some might argue that its better not to do it :winks: However, it is important that you learn to find ways to deal with germs in the bin, garden, handles etc. as its something you have to face day in and day out. Not sure my analogies work, but I know what I mean lol

BlueIris
19-02-20, 09:38
Okay, here's my take on it.

You don't have to fight every battle.

Sometimes it's okay to let the anxiety win, if that's even it - different people like and dislike different things, and that's okay. Here's an example when it comes to my social phobia.

1) Parties and gatherings make me nervous, whether I genuinely want to go to them or not. Therefore, I only push past my nerves to go to the ones I really want to, and I don't feel bad about saying no to the ones I don't.
2) Job interviews terrify me. This, on the other hand, is a huge problem, because I'm woefully underpaid for what I do, which adds to my self-loathing. I definitely need to get past this one and soon, which is why I'm getting myself back into therapy again.

You don't have to do everything you don't want to do - that's not giving in to the anxiety, that's being a human being who gets stressed out by certain things, and it's fine. It's just a question of working out what you need to overcome.

phil06
19-02-20, 11:19
Okay, here's my take on it.

You don't have to fight every battle.

Sometimes it's okay to let the anxiety win, if that's even it - different people like and dislike different things, and that's okay. Here's an example when it comes to my social phobia.

1) Parties and gatherings make me nervous, whether I genuinely want to go to them or not. Therefore, I only push past my nerves to go to the ones I really want to, and I don't feel bad about saying no to the ones I don't.
2) Job interviews terrify me. This, on the other hand, is a huge problem, because I'm woefully underpaid for what I do, which adds to my self-loathing. I definitely need to get past this one and soon, which is why I'm getting myself back into therapy again.

You don't have to do everything you don't want to do - that's not giving in to the anxiety, that's being a human being who gets stressed out by certain things, and it's fine. It's just a question of working out what you need to overcome.

Cool I’ve never thought about it like that. Perhaps you don’t have to do everything. That said I have a long list of stuff that I have not done like not went to a gig, quit learning to drive I beat myself up every now and again saying what if that had worked? I always have a can do attitude I hate to say no. I do put a lot of self pressure on myself too. I see people in there 30’s learning to drive and wish I could. I let the anxiety stop me going back to college every year since 2007 too. I would hate to be very old and wish I had done things differently.

I often hear of people saying I wish I could go back to Paris some people only go once in a lifetime where as I have been 5 times. So perhaps I can be grateful for what I have done. I still believe I can go everything I mean I put myself though an emotional nightmare to try and change jobs I was sure I had to push myself I found it awful at first but I done it and I can’t go back and that’s where I work now. What I learned was I never HAD to do it it was that self pressure. I then came fo the conclusion I never had to do everything like college or drive as it was notching my anxiety levels up.

The aim has to be ‘content’ as when I am content my anxiety is low my ocd is always better too. I have found being in my 30’s very hard as I rush around wanting to do things I worry I never done on my 20’s.

In terms of social media I wouldn’t say I hate it I mean I use to love at one point you would think every new Facebook friend meant a new real friend until you don’t get a happy birthday and so on and you see how social media affects people about likes and stuff I would say today I don’t like social media as much. I prefer twitter as I can follow celebs and don’t have to post much. The posting is the bit that often causes anxiety I worry what people will think. I think it’s good people use social media less now as it puts less pressure on. I have found some people to be happy at my posts others to be annoyed or jealous. Like my partners family dislike that I go on holiday. Sometimes I wish I did run a blog as people make lots of money from YouTube and travel videos but again web designing is something I quit years ago. I use to have a talent for it but I gave it up due to anxiety.

I believe I can’t live to my full potential due to anxiety but perhaps that’s quite common in anxiety conditions?

BlueIris
19-02-20, 11:30
Incredibly common, yes. I have two (blasted) uni degrees and I'm stuck working a hair's breadth above minimum wage, paid the same as people who haven't passed their GCSEs. Wages in my field are about 30% over what I'm currently getting, but I'm so afraid of interviews I either blow my chances with a panic attack or - if there's a presentation involved - cancel them because I can't take the fear.

Carys
19-02-20, 11:42
Was my post cool too PHil ? :roflmao:I wanna be cool like Blue.

BlueIris
19-02-20, 11:45
Aw, Carys, you know you're the coolest one here!

phil06
19-02-20, 11:46
Incredibly common, yes. I have two (blasted) uni degrees and I'm stuck working a hair's breadth above minimum wage, paid the same as people who haven't passed their GCSEs. Wages in my field are about 30% over what I'm currently getting, but I'm so afraid of interviews I either blow my chances with a panic attack or - if there's a presentation involved - cancel them because I can't take the fear.

When I was between 16-21 I had about ten different jobs so in the end I had no choice but to stay with one company as I had run out of places to try especially in retail when places like Woolworths were going bust. Anytime I wanted change ive just had to move stores

phil06
19-02-20, 11:49
Was my post cool too PHil ? :roflmao:I wanna be cool like Blue.

Yes I wish I could be more relaxed about social media and hopefully I will be in the future. I do not post that much anyway but I have not taken it when my new work colleagues not adding me and these birthday plans. I have beat it in the past when I posted about going to Amsterdam but I am still not happy I did as people have a stereotypical view of it. I mean the issue is I just don’t special birthdays I spent my 30th In Paris which was nice and nobody knew it was my birthday only that Facebook had it up but you can hide your age anyway

Elen
19-02-20, 16:59
Phil some people, like myself, like to keep work and personal life seperate, it does not necessarily mean that they don't like you but simply that they want to maintain a work/life balance.

phil06
19-02-20, 23:53
I was going to buy his cd and put it on Facebook as a picture but even this makes me anxious. Problem is I spend hours worrying over if I should post or not. It’s times like this I wish the event was tomorrow a bit like booking a flight. One might think the actual night would cause me anxiety as someone mentioned about being nervous at parties.

I know I could just not post anything but I posted my stag night without any anxiety. I worry the photographer photos are wasted if not shared with friends. Sure I considered doing it via private message but it really is working me up. A few months ago it was a footballer but I got that one out my system.

So my question is what can I do to stop this worry? Posting causes anxiety but not posting is also worrying me. I wish there was an easier way to deal with it. I can only relate to this happening with Amsterdam and I did post it in the end but I suffered lots of worry whilst at work, showering ect, lying in bed and the same thing is happening now?

nomorepanic
20-02-20, 00:20
My advice - delete your social media prescence - problem solved. Why have the hassle and stress just don't do it and delete the account.

Fishmanpa
20-02-20, 00:39
My advice - delete your social media prescence - problem solved. Why have the hassle and stress just don't do it and delete the account.

Great advice... will it be followed? NOPE! To be continued....

Positive thoughts

phil06
20-02-20, 08:33
Yes I get why people will say delete the account problem solved but I don’t think that’s the solution. I would still have the not posting it atall anxiety and I would be cut off from everybody. 90% of posts won’t bother me the only issue I have had is the night out or Amsterdam. I put a post up about my partners birthday a few months ago and deleted it that’s now my anxiety seems to operate..

pulisa
20-02-20, 08:50
So you fear being judged negatively and need to prove your "worth" online by posting perfect photos of holidays or celebs which you think will impress people?

Would you have much interaction with people in real life if you were to delete your social media accounts? You do sound very reliant on social media and place a great deal of importance on people's responses/reactions.

BlueIris
20-02-20, 09:02
Exactly, Pulisa.

Phil, what's so important about the opinions of people you have little to no contact with?

Fishmanpa
20-02-20, 11:48
Exactly, Pulisa.

Phil, what's so important about the opinions of people you have little to no contact with?

This not only goes for social media but the several mental health forums being posted on as well for reassurance. It's a virtual world and one that has become a safe space of sorts. Much easier than facing reality I suppose :shrug:

Positive thoughts

phil06
20-02-20, 11:58
So you fear being judged negatively and need to prove your "worth" online by posting perfect photos of holidays or celebs which you think will impress people?

Would you have much interaction with people in real life if you were to delete your social media accounts? You do sound very reliant on social media and place a great deal of importance on people's responses/reactions.

I do know many of these people in person as I do have a group of friends. Course there is many who I don’t see much ex work mates and yes I do like it perfect like a tv character. And yes reactions are important but that is the generation these days it’s common for younger people to relay on social media.

phil06
20-02-20, 12:49
I do thing there is something suspicious about life that I never got the footballer to come. Why go to the effort to make up a contract ect it definitely plays into my solispism ideas. If you are going to pay good money surely anybody would turn up I think it’s all about treating me a lesson or something

pulisa
20-02-20, 13:56
I do thing there is something suspicious about life that I never got the footballer to come. Why go to the effort to make up a contract ect it definitely plays into my solispism ideas. If you are going to pay good money surely anybody would turn up I think it’s all about treating me a lesson or something

Or it may be that you misunderstood the terms of the contract? Did you actually pay up front for this footballer to attend?

pulisa
20-02-20, 14:03
I do know many of these people in person as I do have a group of friends. Course there is many who I don’t see much ex work mates and yes I do like it perfect like a tv character. And yes reactions are important but that is the generation these days it’s common for younger people to relay on social media.

Relay or rely? Or maybe both? Maybe not so much when you are in your thirties and settled, though? You don't really need to impress the internet anymore.

phil06
20-02-20, 14:06
Or it may be that you misunderstood the terms of the contract? Did you actually pay up front for this footballer to attend?

There was never any money passed on this occasion. At my stag I did pay money but the agent refunded me. This time they wanted payment on the day. The last footballer wanted to stay all night and have a drink but this time the agents seemed to think the guy turns up for a 30 min speech and goes hone so they went quiet when I wouldn’t agree to those terms.

pulisa
20-02-20, 14:11
So basically there was no agreement and no contract. No payment either. That's why he didn't turn up.

No conspiracy theory and no need to bring "solipsism" into something that was never booked and paid for.

phil06
20-02-20, 14:16
So basically there was no agreement and no contract. No payment either. That's why he didn't turn up.

No conspiracy theory and no need to bring "solipsism" into something that was never booked and paid for.

Well money was paid for my stag but not this event. There was a contract but I refused to sign it. I still think it’s fishy they ignored me when they could have got a fee. It was about 4-5 agents which went quiet not just one. Anyway problem was the reaction from family and forum members thats why I ditched that idea.

My concern is if the singer became famous as it happens and I don’t blog. It’s an anxiety issue as I end up fighting with myself saying maybe I should post maybe I shouldn’t post. Maybe tossing a might throw a better answer? I sort of regret having a so called party now when I dislike big birthday fusses. Problem was I was keen to relive the stag night. But yes as it’s a big birthday putting it on social media is a stumbling block some people put banners on Facebook pics some people have a quiet one I wish I had made it quiet now for my partner

Carys
20-02-20, 16:35
so they went quiet when I wouldn’t agree to those terms.

There was a contract but I refused to sign it.

I still think it’s fishy they ignored me when they could have got a fee.

Phil, what can't you understand about this ? - you didn't agree to their contract, you didn't sign it, they needed the contract signed. Contracts are important, and if you didn't agree to it and demanded something different, then its no wonder they 'went quiet'. Nothing fishy, nothing odd, nothing unexpected in this. You can't just have your own demands met, and thats why they ignored you because you didn't agree to the booking contract. What did you honestly expect, that they would tailor make a contract that covers everything you wanted ??? They can get the same money elsewhere.

To my mind this is a very similar situation to the one where you argued with your new manager about having your phone in work, when you were told not to use it and did anyway. This is about rules, and your inability to think they apply to you.

phil06
20-02-20, 16:50
Phil, what can't you understand about this ? - you didn't agree to their contract, you didn't sign it, they needed the contract signed. Contracts are important, and if you didn't agree to it and demanded something different, then its no wonder they 'went quiet'. Nothing fishy, nothing odd, nothing unexpected in this. You can't just have your own demands met, and thats why they ignored you because you didn't agree to the booking contract. What did you honestly expect, that they would tailor make a contract that covers everything you wanted ??? They can get the same money elsewhere.

Yes true I can see they couldn’t meet my needs by staying all night.

phil06
20-02-20, 16:51
I have opted to go and buy the cd today it is making me anxious if I post on social media however I realise I can delete the post/hide it at any time perhaps I need to try and deal with the anxiety?

phil06
21-02-20, 15:53
Phil some people, like myself, like to keep work and personal life seperate, it does not necessarily mean that they don't like you but simply that they want to maintain a work/life balance.

I don’t buy that.

I only gave about 6 about a day to accept then cancelled. My reason was I kept the request to somebody for 2 weeks and they never accepted so I gave up. In my old shop I was there for 4 years most of the staff changed my only Hope is they have a complete reshuffle of staff and maybe hire some nicer staff. Perhaps they never knew me well when I added them and I don’t speak don’t. much but never mind. What annoys me people who delete you somebody who recently attended my wedding deleted me which I found surprising I mean why he be turn upto the wedding? Perhaps they dislike what I post on social media. If I put I’m going on holiday I can easily drop a few friends that’s the society we live in?

phil06
21-02-20, 15:56
Also I am obviously anxious about social media but perhaps I should just become a travel blogger that way I might make a quick buck and escape retail? I see quite a few travel bloggers but I am unsure how some of them don’t work. I see some who work but some go on daily flights which seems a very nice life?

BlueIris
21-02-20, 15:58
Phil, if you want that sort of life you're going to be working 24/7. You also have to be either very physically attractive, a damned good writer or (preferably) both, not to mention an expert at self-promotion.

pulisa
21-02-20, 19:52
Phil, don't be naive. You need to keep your job in retail and you need to have a regular income. You need structure and routine to help you manage your anxiety.

Scass
21-02-20, 20:05
You need to give people longer than a day to respond to invitations Phil. They might have to check plans, arrange babysitters, ask their partners.

phil06
21-02-20, 20:34
You need to give people longer than a day to respond to invitations Phil. They might have to check plans, arrange babysitters, ask their partners.

Yes I know it was rash to give it a day I was so annoyed about the other person I assumed they would all do the same so that’s why I have the grudge with work. Sure I can add them again perhaps I will wait until they add me or I will try again in a while once they know me better.

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-20, 20:35
I don’t buy that.

I only gave about 6 about a day to accept then cancelled. My reason was I kept the request to somebody for 2 weeks and they never accepted so I gave up. In my old shop I was there for 4 years most of the staff changed my only Hope is they have a complete reshuffle of staff and maybe hire some nicer staff. Perhaps they never knew me well when I added them and I don’t speak don’t. much but never mind. What annoys me people who delete you somebody who recently attended my wedding deleted me which I found surprising I mean why he be turn upto the wedding? Perhaps they dislike what I post on social media. If I put I’m going on holiday I can easily drop a few friends that’s the society we live in?

I'm the same as Elen. I would have my work mates but otherwise I try to keep things in their boxes. I'm not a fan of everyone living in each other's daily lives and as you progress through management it can present problems.

Some people are also on social media just for friends & family. Not everyone buys into the oneupmanship of likes and endless posting of what sandwich they have today.

It can be a bugbear for companies too. Whole new policies and corporate monitoring of staff had to be created. Plus it has become a way for companies to sack people due to media attention.

phil06
21-02-20, 20:36
Phil, don't be naive. You need to keep your job in retail and you need to have a regular income. You need structure and routine to help you manage your anxiety.

Yes I know im not very happy about that I have been looking at retirement but it’s 68 for that and I worked out with rising wages I could knock a day off maybe when im a bit older and semi retire? But perhaps if I blog all my travels I could gather enough followers to reduce the work load even earlier? I am desperate to reduce my work load I work just over 20 hours over 4 days that’s not much to some people. But Labour did suggest a 4 day working week I support that. I once worked full time 35 hours and hated it I had more cash but was very miserable.

phil06
21-02-20, 20:38
I'm the same as Elen. I would have my work mates but otherwise I try to keep things in their boxes. I'm not a fan of everyone living in each other's daily lives and as you progress through management it can present problems.

Some people are also on social media just for friends & family. Not everyone buys into the oneupmanship of likes and endless posting of what sandwich they have today.

It can be a bugbear for companies too. Whole new policies and corporate monitoring of staff had to be created. Plus it has become a way for companies to sack people due to media attention.

Yes. Nobody posts anything about work these days due to work policy they use to a few years back but not now. I just see it as being friendly if these people don’t want to connect then it’s a bit like being unsociable in a pub not saying hi. I say this as I have worked in many stores and never had such an issue most will add. I realise I gave it little time but as I say I was annoyed with the other person.

phil06
21-02-20, 20:41
In the end I did post about the cd and so far not deleted it I am possibly going to post it but with no mention of it being a birthday perhaps a normal night out so it goes under the radar a bit. I opted to post as I was not wanting to let the anxiety win im saying I do social media much but for bigger events and holidays I admit I use it. My anxiety has said I can’t add anybody I worried i like to before though or I worry about going back to Amsterdam I worry it might not suit my social media trend

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-20, 20:50
Yes I know im not very happy about that I have been looking at retirement but it’s 68 for that and I worked out with rising wages I could knock a day off maybe when im a bit older and semi retire? But perhaps if I blog all my travels I could gather enough followers to reduce the work load even earlier? I am desperate to reduce my work load I work just over 20 hours over 4 days that’s not much to some people. But Labour did suggest a 4 day working week I support that. I once worked full time 35 hours and hated it I had more cash but was very miserable.

Labour can promise us all a free unicorn for all the hope they have of winning an election until they ditch the Jezzas out of their leadership. Remember reducing everyone's hours means needing many more millions of citizens as the same hours still have to be worked. And today we are far more 24/7 than the seventies when this last happened.

I think you will be extremely lucky to retire early. I've never known anyone working full time thinking they have a shot at that without a lottery win or a huge salary.

Give it time at work because you are new. Perhaps they will be more comfortable with you the more they get to know you? But some places may have cliques too.

pulisa
21-02-20, 21:02
I've never heard of anyone planning their retirement in their early thirties. By the time you reach your sixties, retirement will probably be late eighties/early nineties (joking here). You need to start playing the lottery and then you can post on facebook about any winnings...at your peril:D

Carys
21-02-20, 21:08
Well I reckon by the time Phil is 65 plus there will be NO retirement at all LOL

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-20, 21:21
That might also solve the care home crisis. They will make employers put them in the workplace like the creche. :yesyes:

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my part time male stripping job up into my 90s :blush:

phil06
21-02-20, 22:46
I worry these travel bloggers taint a holiday for me as I have been reading blogs and some said one city the cobbles smelt of urine so I worry it’s tainted and when I go back I may worry about the smell?

My mum is always critical of Europe too so I often worry if I went a holiday she was on she might try and put me off and I may never go to Europe. I think stuff being tainted is the ocd as I also worry my front garden has been spoiled by the bin.

nomorepanic
21-02-20, 22:54
You are overthinking things again - you need to stop it to be honest and get some help.

phil06
21-02-20, 22:59
You are overthinking things again - you need to stop it to be honest and get some help.

Yes I do over think. The help will be a while coming due to the NHS waiting list but if in 1 years time it’s helping then that will be good news.

venusbluejeans
21-02-20, 23:17
I worry these travel bloggers taint a holiday for me as I have been reading blogs and some said one city the cobbles smelt of urine so I worry it’s tainted and when I go back I may worry about the smell?

Then don't go or stop reading blogs

venusbluejeans
21-02-20, 23:20
Yes I do over think. The help will be a while coming due to the NHS waiting list but if in 1 years time it’s helping then that will be good news.

My personal opinion is that in 1 years time you will still be here and posting about the same things

phil06
22-02-20, 00:02
Then don't go or stop reading blogs

Yes it’s easy to say don’t go I have had a few people suggest that or don’t post. But is that the answer more avoidance and safety behaviours? I mean I would love to fly but it’s easier to avoid it. I know the right answer is to fly why because it’s socially acceptable really and quite common for anxiety to stop people. If I let anxiety rule I would sit and never progress in life. I realise that’s an opinion I have a friend who doesn't work and doesn’t travel or go anywhere be seems happy and that’s his choice. I went through months of worrying just to make one Facebook post so that’s why I know I need help. So yeah I still have problems but I’ve solved a lot too. I do feel I’ve been able to benefit from the forums for example I have been able to beat my dirty laundry ocd..I can credit a few people here for that one.

Fishmanpa
22-02-20, 00:21
My personal opinion is that in 1 years time you will still be here and posting about the same things

Try 10 years time and not just here :whistles:

Positive thoughts

phil06
12-05-20, 20:39
I have been feeling anxious about this and has caused some arguments with my partner. She wants to rearrange it a whole year but I said sooner or if not cancel but I also fear in a year we may not be able to have the night out either. Problem is with this virus some people will want to hide away for a while so will it even matter about having it in a year?

pulisa
12-05-20, 20:46
Why not ask HER, Phil? Her birthday, her choice?

phil06
12-05-20, 20:52
Why not ask HER, Phil? Her birthday, her choice?

She isn’t too sure but I think she wants to rearrange to next year but is that realistic will everything be good to go by next year?

KK77
12-05-20, 20:56
Why don't you wait till nearer the time, when you'll both be in a better position to judge the virus situation. Then she can decide what she wants to do, as Pul says.

phil06
12-05-20, 21:03
Why don't you wait till nearer the time, when you'll both be in a better position to judge the virus situation. Then she can decide what she wants to do, as Pul says.

True it’s end of June the event perhaps I could decide then? My worry is rebooking next year if it’s not better. I was offered a refund by the pub but not singer. But maybe when things open it will become clearer if it can go ahead next year.

pulisa
13-05-20, 08:10
It could be like Euro 2020..just deferred until next Summer or whenever your wife wants to rearrange it.

I know you need clarity but no one can plan anything at the moment. I know how hard this must be for you to accept but it's reality and not up for negotiation.

Lolalee1
13-05-20, 10:19
Geezus what a load of crap all for ones birthday party
You must make a good Quid Phil.Why don’t you both volunteer helping out at a Food Bank,you will be surprised how good you feel helping others instead of a party.

phil06
13-05-20, 17:22
Geezus what a load of crap all for ones birthday party
You must make a good Quid Phil.Why don’t you both volunteer helping out at a Food Bank,you will be surprised how good you feel helping others instead of a party.

People have parties and it’s not even a party it’s a pub night out.

pulisa
13-05-20, 17:58
So easier to adopt a wait and see approach..but that's tough for you because you want a clear cut answer and decision now?

phil06
13-05-20, 19:56
So easier to adopt a wait and see approach..but that's tough for you because you want a clear cut answer and decision now?

We asked for cash back from singer but only offered £25 so just left it for future booking but we told people it’s cancelled indefinitely mainly because I don’t get on well with her family and any future night could be for just friends to come.

pulisa
14-05-20, 08:23
Probably best to leave it open and informal. Just friends sounds like a good idea.

Lolalee1
14-05-20, 11:41
When we all get back too normal Phil I can come over and sing at your party I should say yodelling is my forte.
and I did Burlesque when I was younger:winks:We can discuss payment at a later date.

MyNameIsTerry
16-05-20, 04:36
When we all get back too normal Phil I can come over and sing at your party I should say yodelling is my forte.
and I did Burlesque when I was younger:winks:We can discuss payment at a later date.

Do you combine them? Yodeling whilst you spin your nipple tassles https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t15186.gif

phil06
16-05-20, 11:26
Some of the singers gave me ocd but I do enjoy the music so perhaps if it goes ahead in the future I can not social media it. However it’s not stopped me wanting to plan a big party for myself with footballers and comedians again. I have done some enquires already sure might never happen but I can always dream.

phil06
20-06-20, 21:51
This night out was suppose to happen soon. I was thinking of rearranging to October does anybody see things being better by then? The issue is often these things need planned a little in advance?

venusbluejeans
20-06-20, 22:34
I was thinking of rearranging to October does anybody see things being better by then?

I hope so, I have a holiday booked for August :roflmao:

whispershadow
20-06-20, 23:23
This night out was suppose to happen soon. I was thinking of rearranging to October does anybody see things being better by then? The issue is often these things need planned a little in advance?

I hope things are better by then, I need to ditch heaps of stuff at the charity shops (they still not open where i live, none of them)

phil06
21-06-20, 18:25
The event was in a pub my worry is they will have too many restrictions even in a function room as others will be there should I pick a social club or bowling club instead as it would be set people coming? Will they maybe have less restrictions?

pulisa
21-06-20, 19:40
Why don't you wait for a few weeks until more announcements are made? You'll know more very soon.

phil06
21-06-20, 20:05
Why don't you wait for a few weeks until more announcements are made? You'll know more very soon.

Yes you are correct I will probably have to wait longer. I am feeling a bit down tonight as I feel everything comes with restrictions or more so I can’t plan anything. They say you can holiday again soon but people need advance notice to book these things. Same with having a party then I could book it and another spike of the virus comes it’s never ending..

pulisa
21-06-20, 20:56
There would be less of the anticipatory anxiety if you booked at very short notice though? Less time to worry about it?

phil06
21-06-20, 21:19
There would be less of the anticipatory anxiety if you booked at very short notice though? Less time to worry about it?

Yes that would work but the people I booked to come may be too busy. I was going to arrange it for Halloween however they were busy but they had a few cancellations on other days. But perhaps I could arrange it a month before? The more I look into it it seems obstacles and it feels like it can’t go ahead. When I read the pubs are opening I think great but they will open with tough rules

KK77
22-06-20, 00:34
I hope so, I have a holiday booked for August :roflmao:

Shall I pack my purple mankini? People tend to run when I wear it, so it means we can social distance in peace!

I do worry how the weather will be though :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
22-06-20, 04:28
Shall I pack my purple mankini? People tend to run when I wear it, so it means we can social distance in peace!

Perhaps that because it's for the beach and not for shopping around B&M :ohmy::blush:

Phil, if you book for Halloween you could go as a C-19 :yesyes: (I wonder how many will have the same idea? It will really add some motivation to cough up when trick or treating :roflmao:)

KK77
22-06-20, 12:37
Perhaps that because it's for the beach and not for shopping around B&M :ohmy::blush:

)

Why, of course you can come along too, Mr T! Please bring your own smalls though :wacko:

My mankini will ensure we get a quiet spot on seafront as most will flee in horror!

venusbluejeans
22-06-20, 16:46

Haha to be honest I am going to Skegness so you would fit right in :roflmao:

It is a place where they sell 'pussay patrol' T-shirts in child sizes :wacko:

whispershadow
22-06-20, 17:43

you sure you want to have a holiday in Skegness, venus?

i used to live in Lincolnshire and we used to go to Skegness, its not the worst place but as of last time i was there it wasnt the best place either, just boring :wacko:

Lolalee1
23-06-20, 04:13

Maybe you could send Trump one of those “pussy patrol” T-Shirts :roflmao:

KK77
24-06-20, 00:03
Maybe you could send Trump one of those “pussy patrol” T-Shirts :roflmao:

Crikey! He'd be grabbing himself by the... :wacko:

phil06
24-06-20, 21:39
Update

So pubs open July here in Scotland good news bad news is live music and football banned as singing seemingly spreads the germs crazy time’s. Nobody can tell me how long this rule will go on for??? Not ideal when you want to look any event or if it was a wedding party no music it seems

Fishmanpa
24-06-20, 22:52
Update

So pubs open July here in Scotland good news bad news is live music and football banned as singing seemingly spreads the germs crazy time’s. Nobody can tell me how long this rule will go on for??? Not ideal when you want to look any event or if it was a wedding party no music it seems

DJs....

FMP

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-20, 04:46
Probably because pubs are smaller venues compared to 80k crowds in stadiums. Footie fans aren't going to stick to rule that stops them jumping all over each other when someone scores.

BlueIris
25-06-20, 05:12
Phil, I haven't seen my parents in the better part of a year. I can't believe the trivialities you're up in arms about.

...You know those probability grids they show for weather warnings? They display how likely snow/ice/whatever is against how dangerous it will be if it does happen. Well, even if the likelihood of catching Covid is low, the damage it can cause is high. There are a lot of reports of lasting ill-health from people who weren't even hospitalised. We've seen that you don't cope well with simple flu, so this is something to bear in mind.

phil06
25-06-20, 07:47
Probably because pubs are smaller venues compared to 80k crowds in stadiums. Footie fans aren't going to stick to rule that stops them jumping all over each other when someone scores.

Yes it’s awful though I mean everything that could go wrong has. I mean a ban on singers due to germ droplets who could anticipate such an event? Sure 2021 may bring better times but that’s a long way off. My partner is worried we will be living like this forever. The lockdown was hard I thought that was the hardest but but it’s actually living with the restrictions which are about making life as least as enjoyable as possible. Sure I can’t be the only one feeling this way? It’s very demoralising.

phil06
25-06-20, 07:52
I read my local concert venue in Glasgow may not open until 2022 how depressing.

Fishmanpa
25-06-20, 16:54
With all due respect, people are dying, economies are tanking, unemployment is at record highs and you're concerned about a music venue and the conveniences of your life being interrupted? I'm a musician and haven't had a gig since January, don't expect that to change anytime soon and lost a large source of part time income. I work in essential services and put my life at risk every day due to selfish and ignorant people who echo some of the same things you say.

Forgive me if I'm not sympathetic Phil. I know anxiety can make some people appear to be self-centered and selfish but I don't think that's the case here. From being married and on dating sites to whining about having to wear a mask etc. etc., from what I see you post, I believe that's just who you are as a person :(

FMP

phil06
25-06-20, 17:55
With all due respect, people are dying, economies are tanking, unemployment is at record highs and you're concerned about a music venue and the conveniences of your life being interrupted? I'm a musician and haven't had a gig since January, don't expect that to change anytime soon and lost a large source of part time income. I work in essential services and put my life at risk every day due to selfish and ignorant people who echo some of the same things you say.

Forgive me if I'm not sympathetic Phil. I know anxiety can make some people appear to be self-centered and selfish but I don't think that's the case here. From being married and on dating sites to whining about having to wear a mask etc. etc., from what I see you post, I believe that's just who you are as a person :(

FMP

Yes and many have been 80 plus with health issues. What about the younger generation and millennials? Lost education? No future no idea when schools will return or if they will be behind and university and college places at risk if they don’t have the grades. Moral questions need asked when transmission is very low in schools hence no social distancing when they reopen. People’s prospects have been dented we have a mental health crisis as people can’t exercise in gyms and stay well. I may seem selfish however I can sympathise with people hard done by the lockdown and I am sure after it questions will be asked.

Fishmanpa
25-06-20, 18:00
Thank you for affirming my post.

FMP

BlueIris
25-06-20, 18:15
Yes and many have been 80 plus with health issues. What about the younger generation and millennials? Lost education? No future no idea when schools will return or if they will be behind and university and college places at risk if they don’t have the grades. Moral questions need asked when transmission is very low in schools hence no social distancing when they reopen. People’s prospects have been dented we have a mental health crisis as people can’t exercise in gyms and stay well. I may seem selfish however I can sympathise with people hard done by the lockdown and I am sure after it questions will be asked.

Not sure whether you're asking or telling about social distancing within schools, but I can confirm that it's going to be very much on the agenda in England.

Honestly, I can hardly type for anger and sadness right now; my father's over 80 with a severe underlying lung condition, and I'm very frightened that idiots who can't cope with minor inconvenience might mean I never get to see him again.

phil06
25-06-20, 18:28
A link here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/coronavirus-school-bubbles-september-social-distancing-a9584356.html%3famp

This confirms social distancing is to be phased out. I believe Isle of Man is the in Uk to ditch all social distance which means pubs can open and no queuing at stores which is good news.

pulisa
25-06-20, 19:24
Back to normal then for you, Phil..Not so for the rest of us.

I suppose it's a generation thing? Younger people are annoyed that their social lives are disrupted by the lockdown whereas older people just want to preserve their lives and those they care for. Older people are just seen as natural wastage by the young and more deaths from this bracket could clear the way for a reversal of Brexit.

Fishmanpa
26-06-20, 11:57
Back to normal then for you, Phil..Not so for the rest of us.

I suppose it's a generation thing? Younger people are annoyed that their social lives are disrupted by the lockdown whereas older people just want to preserve their lives and those they care for. Older people are just seen as natural wastage by the young and more deaths from this bracket could clear the way for a reversal of Brexit.

Working in essential services, I see people of all ages. The divide I see is political. I've seen more young people wearing masks where I work as opposed to older people who lean right politically. Their comments affirm what I see.

I believe in this case, its purely self absorption and selfishness. This is being affirmed with each and every post. The sad fact is that there are some people who are just nasty human beings, only concerned for themselves at the expense of others. We just happen to be witness to that in this and other threads.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-20, 21:58

Don't you think the younger generations might prefer their grandparents alive if it means some minor sacrifices this year? If not, I despair.

I don't see wearing masks, not travelling, no concerts, etc as hard done by. If that's the worst life gives you, think yourself very lucky.

If your mental health hinges on exercising in a gym you perhaps need to consider the possibility you already have mental health issues as you shouldn't need that crutch. Besides you can exercise outside a gym and many don't go to them preferring other methods. Jog, cycle, do some HIIT at home as it's very adaptable, lift some rocks, dig some holes, carry some bricks or buy some weights.

Lolalee1
27-06-20, 11:59
I miss my Grandparents they were a constant presence in my life.:weep:
Maybe Phill buy a punching bag and some gloves and bash the shite out of it,you will work up a sweat and feel better afterwards.I joined a gym and waste of good money I only went a few times but you would like it they have lots of mirrors in those places.:winks:

pulisa
27-06-20, 13:48
I agree..Gyms are just a load of hype and a huge waste of money.

phil06
27-06-20, 14:32
No I don’t go to gyms myself but was just making a point about them :)

Today I seen a singer with loud speaker singing outside someone’s house. Crazy this can go ahead yet they say droplets mean music cant go ahead. Never mind I heard next review is 23rd July for live music

Pamplemousse
27-06-20, 16:36
I agree..Gyms are just a load of hype and a huge waste of money.

"Temples of vanity and virtue" as I prefer to see them.

Lolalee1
28-06-20, 10:55
Yep and big boys on steroids.
Have you seen one when they loose their temper on Steroids I have :scared15: