PDA

View Full Version : Is back pain concerning?

Golden
06-01-20, 04:13
Currently have an issue I’m worrying about on myself - worried about my five year old saying her tummy hurt yesterday and last week - and generally am worried about my 3 year old - AND ’m also worrying pretty bad about my husband’s back pain. He has had it for a couple weeks. It was good for a few days and then today he said it’s bad again. We have had some fighting and tension lately and he snarked that it was probably a tumor.

Of course now I’m totally freaking out! I assumed sciatic or some other back injury. We are in our 30s aren’t super active and he works a ton in sales. I assumed he just hurt something. I have back and neck and hip pains that are normal for me but for him I’m so worried.

Is this something to be super concerned about? Gosh I never thought tumor until he said that 😔

ankietyjoe
06-01-20, 08:52
Most common complaint among children - belly ache.

Most common complaint among adults - back pain.

You really are making the irrational leap here.

Siffi
06-01-20, 23:23
Currently have an issue I’m worrying about on myself - worried about my five year old saying her tummy hurt yesterday and last week - and generally am worried about my 3 year old - AND ’m also worrying pretty bad about my husband’s back pain. He has had it for a couple weeks. It was good for a few days and then today he said it’s bad again. We have had some fighting and tension lately and he snarked that it was probably a tumor.

Of course now I’m totally freaking out! I assumed sciatic or some other back injury. We are in our 30s aren’t super active and he works a ton in sales. I assumed he just hurt something. I have back and neck and hip pains that are normal for me but for him I’m so worried.

Is this something to be super concerned about? Gosh I never thought tumor until he said that 

If it got better for a few days then started again, it's unlikely to be a tumour. Pain caused by a tumour is usually constant and severe, nothing makes it better and he would have other symptoms with it. Could it be he reinjured it doing something?

Golden
08-01-20, 01:25
You’re right. Thank you. I posted this at night and I always struggle more at night :/ in the light of day I can rationalize it more.

Golden
08-01-20, 01:29
He does say that it hurts when he moves a certain way. It doesn’t just hurt and hurt incessantly- So I’m pretty sure it’s a pinched nerve or mild injury. I know that’s the most rational thing to think. He said it was feeling better today so I’m hoping it will continue to heal.

I just feel as though I’m always waiting for some dark cloud to move in. Even though we have been healthy over all I’m always worrying it’s going to change. I’ve been this way since I was very young! I would worry about my parents health and my siblings. Even at 8 or so years old :/

Thank you for your response.

ankietyjoe
08-01-20, 09:46
This is a classic case for CBT. Unlearning negative thought patterns.